Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Turkey
Reload this Page >

How is the real estate market in Turkey at the moment?

How is the real estate market in Turkey at the moment?

Old Dec 12th 2014, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Forres is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How is the real estate market in Turkey at the moment?

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can give me an answer on this. I have been thinking of buying a villa in Turkey for the last couple of years now. But the main thing I would like to know, is the situation next door in Syria affecting the decision of any foreigners buying right now? Or has it made no difference?

The areas I have been thinking of is Bodrum, Fethiye or Belek. Any suggestions?
Old Dec 15th 2014, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How is the real estate market in Turkey at the moment?

Originally Posted by Forres
Hi everyone,

I hope someone can give me an answer on this. I have been thinking of buying a villa in Turkey for the last couple of years now. But the main thing I would like to know, is the situation next door in Syria affecting the decision of any foreigners buying right now? Or has it made no difference?

The areas I have been thinking of is Bodrum, Fethiye or Belek. Any suggestions?
Why The Worst Is Still Ahead For Turkey's Bubble Economy - Forbes

I kind of agree as we've seen the exact same happen elsewhere. There are people buying, but again depends why you want to buy. The political situation is worrying too and being next to Syria isn't helping Turkey.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

The reason I want to buy is for to 1. have a nice home where we can split our time between the UK and Turkey or 2. Be able to rent it out if we decide not to spend too much time there. If we do spend time there it will be our get away place. I love visiting Turkey but as you pointed out the political situation may be worrying.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

The reason I want to buy is for to 1. have a nice home where we can split our time between the UK and Turkey or 2. Be able to rent it out if we decide not to spend too much time there. If we do spend time there it will be our get away place. I love visiting Turkey but as you pointed out the political situation may be worrying.
It really depends at what stage you are in life. Are you retired, do you still need to work and how much money would you be spending? I'd be very careful buying over there and most people would recommend to rent. If you're renting out your property, you'll have to pay tax and should you stay longer than 90 days, you'll need a visa.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

I already know the ins and outs of buying over there and the visa situation. I am not retired but does not matter where I live. I am trying to find out the current market situation and political situation.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I already know the ins and outs of buying over there and the visa situation. I am not retired but does not matter where I live. I am trying to find out the current market situation and political situation.
Nobody can tell you the current market situation, but the way it's looking you don't have to be worried about prices rising. It also depends what type of property you're looking at and how much you pay for it. Just do your own research over there and speak to different people. Like anywhere you can get ripped off, but you already know.