Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Turkey
Reload this Page >

Anybody live in Turkey?

Anybody live in Turkey?

Old May 31st 2012, 8:12 pm
Sun Seeker

evans4190 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anybody live in Turkey?

I am very interested to speak to anyone that is living in Turkey to share some of your experiences

Thanks!
Old Jun 26th 2012, 8:19 am
UK Expat Turkey

ozsubasi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anybody live in Turkey?

My wife Carol and I have lived in Didim for just over 4 years, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 8:39 am
Just Joined

floobs is an unknown quantity at this point

I have lived in Turkey for 15 years now and can't imagine being anywhere else. The people and the country are wonderful and I hope some of you may holiday here and then you would see for yourselves how good it is.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

airlineguy1980 will become famous soon enough

I am living and working in Istanbul.shoot me your question
Old Jul 17th 2012, 3:40 pm
UK Expat Turkey

ozsubasi is an unknown quantity at this point

The thread creator has since been asking about Bulgaria elsewhere in the forum and as they haven't returned to this thread I think they may have lost interest in Turkey
Old Sep 6th 2012, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Trance Omega is an unknown quantity at this point

Been living here 20 years and cant wait to leave. Its not like it used to be back in the 90s. Had some good times and no regrets.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 9:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trance Omega
Been living here 20 years and cant wait to leave. Its not like it used to be back in the 90s. Had some good times and no regrets.
I've never lived in Turkey, but I visited in 1997, 2001, 2003, 2004, and 2008.

I loved my visits in 1997, 2001, 2003 and maybe 2004. The trip in 2008 was not so great, and I can't pinpoint why...just had a different vibe in Turkey for me that trip. It seemed WAY more expensive than it had just 4 years before. Could be that I went in summer in 2008, whereas all the other trips were either spring or winter. I hated Istanbul in 2008, it was crowded, hot, humid, and expensive. We did Cappadocia on that trip (had never seen it before) and although I loved the scenery and history, I hated the hot weather. I definitely wouldn't do a summer trip again.

Just curious what it is that you started disliking about Turkey now, as opposed to the 90's?

Rene
Old Sep 26th 2012, 8:09 am
Just Joined

chilwell is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I've never lived in Turkey, but I visited in 1997, 2001, 2003, 2004, and 2008.

I loved my visits in 1997, 2001, 2003 and maybe 2004. The trip in 2008 was not so great, and I can't pinpoint why...just had a different vibe in Turkey for me that trip. It seemed WAY more expensive than it had just 4 years before. Could be that I went in summer in 2008, whereas all the other trips were either spring or winter. I hated Istanbul in 2008, it was crowded, hot, humid, and expensive. We did Cappadocia on that trip (had never seen it before) and although I loved the scenery and history, I hated the hot weather. I definitely wouldn't do a summer trip again.

Just curious what it is that you started disliking about Turkey now, as opposed to the 90's?

Rene
Yep I agree, we moved to Istanbul in September 2008 and since then it's got so much more expensive! It is not an easy place to live although you fall in love with its quirks and charms!