Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Turkey
Reload this Page >

Advise on moving to Turkey

Advise on moving to Turkey

Old Oct 5th 2007, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Libby Fox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advise on moving to Turkey

Please can anyone give me advise on moving to Turkey i.e. Cost of living, health service available, residency, permission to purchase property etc. etc.?

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 week holiday in Kusadasi, Turkey and were extremely impressed by the country and friendly people.

Many thanks
Libby
Old Oct 6th 2007, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

monique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud of
Default Re: Advise on moving to Turkey

Don't think you'll get much feedback on this forum, try www.mymerhaba.com. Topics are discussed in English, good forum with a lot of information directly from expats living already there.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Libby Fox is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Monique

Thanks for the advise. Will try to post on my merhaba.

Regards
Libby
Old Oct 16th 2007, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Libby Fox
Please can anyone give me advise on moving to Turkey i.e. Cost of living, health service available, residency, permission to purchase property etc. etc.?

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 week holiday in Kusadasi, Turkey and were extremely impressed by the country and friendly people.

Many thanks
Libby
You may want to try Northern Cyprus which is under Turkish jurisdiction. Plenty of Brits living there. May be a good alternative.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

chucks mum has a brilliant futurechucks mum has a brilliant futurechucks mum has a brilliant futurechucks mum has a brilliant futurechucks mum has a brilliant futurechucks mum has a brilliant future

My daughter is just going through the process of buying an apartment in the Bodrum area as a holiday home. She chose a place applied for a mortgage and was then told that it would take up to 6 months to get military clearance before she could complete. Meanwhile the builder requires payment before this 6 months and so she may have to take out a loan. Allowing mortgages to non nationals is a new thing in Turkey apparently and the agent gave this as an excuse for not knowing about this before my daughter paid her deposit. What a nightmare!!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

monique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud of

Turkey is famous for much bureocracy, delays, etc.

You are not asking any questions here, but if you want some information, you will get little help here. Visit www.mymerhaba.com.

Good luck.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

I know a lady-lawyer, educated in Turkey/London, who lives/practises real-estate law in Bodrum.

PM me for her contact information if you require help.