Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

whats the best way to contact prospective employers

whats the best way to contact prospective employers

Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: whats the best way to contact prospective employers

Originally Posted by Gremmie
lots have mooved over to this company http://www.bulkcarrierspei.com/careeropportunities.cfm
& Here:

https://www.midlandtransport.com/default.aspx?id=375

Then back again then away again.

I think like most companies in Canada they all seem to have a revolving door where drivers come and go all the time some are happy some are not and all companies have issues drivers don't like.....

Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Thats a dam decent link!
Like it as it explains the pay in quite a clear manner!
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

The bigger companies tend to post most info on their sites regarding wages etc, not all but a lot do.

here is quite a good link:

www.highwaystar.ca

www.highwaystar.ca/careers/

it's a free truck mag abit like:

http://www.truckstopnews.co.uk/

from the UK

I picked up a few copies when I was out visiting last year. There are loads of adverts for companies looking to hire drivers and on good money all accross Canada but quite a lot in Ontario for some reason (which currently doesn't take drivers onto it's PNP), not just the ones you find on here day in day out baa baa baa baa....

Some of the guys out there might like to comment on the mag if they pick it up regulary??? but it seems a good source of info if thats your sort of thing.

Obviously not all companies advertising will take overseas drivers but it's worth an email...they can only say no.....or **** ORF....

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Oct 22nd 2008 at 6:44 am.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Good stuff!
I have been cold calling all week anyway. Sent of a few letters etc this week. As you say if they dont take us as immigrants then tough they will just ignore us.
Ontario is probably advertising for a lot of drivers because it cannot get us on PNP!
Does anyone know with the new elections if there is any changes, I read that it was one of the issues that was being addressed such as lowering the point system and making it easier for PNP etc?
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

spockil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dinger24
Good stuff!
I have been cold calling all week anyway. Sent of a few letters etc this week. As you say if they dont take us as immigrants then tough they will just ignore us.
Ontario is probably advertising for a lot of drivers because it cannot get us on PNP!
Does anyone know with the new elections if there is any changes, I read that it was one of the issues that was being addressed such as lowering the point system and making it easier for PNP etc?
Iv tried to phone midland and they say speak to robert carsens still cant get hold of him does anyone know if he is on holiday?
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spockil
Iv tried to phone midland and they say speak to robert carsens still cant get hold of him does anyone know if he is on holiday?
Never erd of him...but I know his brother Frank.........at a cracker...it's the way I temm em.

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Never erd of him...but I know his brother Frank.........at a cracker...it's the way I temm em.

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nope never heard of him - searched this forum and nobody has posted about him on here before you.
Does Loafy not work for Midland?
Also I was under the impresion that Midland used an agency and dont deal with PNP?
Keep me posted!
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

i dont know maybe he is a agency but i phoned midland up and thats who they said to get.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Did they give you a number, email etc?
Just be aware they can be real smooth talkers these agency dudes!
I had one on the phone last week and I have received a few emails as well. You just need to check, then check in between the lines of what they say, I personally wouldnt want to pay for something I can do myself!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

I did get a number but its not even close to same as company.
but anyway. is it possible to get work permit then get permanent residency then move provence or do u have to stay in same area?
Old Oct 24th 2008, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

but anyway. is it possible to get work permit then get permanent residency then move provence or do u have to stay in same area?
Duh!!! nope ,and you have to be in bed by 10pmmust go to church on sundays buy only canadian products

guess what Spockli you can even change province whilst on a work permit,,,

i sugest you read up on the Candian immigration websites
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'll match what Gremmie said and raise you the following:

I think I am correct in saying when you apply to a province for Provincial Nominee Sponsorship to enable you to gain Perminant Residancy you must stay in that province until your PR comes through THEN you can do any job in any Province you want

HOWEVER

If you move province before gaining PR then apply to the new province the whole process starts again from the begining and not where it left off when you left the previous province as it will be classed as a new application.

Aint that correct ????????? & also if you move companies within the same province ??????

The above needs 100% clarification though !!!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

as id quite like to end up in possibly Ontario but they dont have the pnp for getting residentsy. so looking at another province then working and gaining pr and moving to ontario.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Aint that correct ????????? & also if you move companies within the same province ??????
Yup that is correct,

Nice to see one pupil as been doing his homework

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.