Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

What is the verdict on this?

What is the verdict on this?

Old May 25th 2013, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is the verdict on this?

Just heard about the following situation:

A driver took a novice out on a mentor trip. The mentor had an accident, during the course of which he slipped a disk. The mentor was booked "sleeper berth" on his log book. The WCB refuted any claim on the basis of the mentor being booked "sleeper berth" , even though he was helping the novice at the time.
The company concerned routinely use mentor trips to run team. The mentor is a very co-operative driver from the companies point of view & has been there a number of years. The company want nothing to do with the claim & have refused any assistance.

Food for thought?

Last edited by alandoug; May 25th 2013 at 5:07 pm.
Old May 26th 2013, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

garvs11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is the verdict on this?

Unfortunately Alan i supposed it doesnt really matter how helpful the mentor is etc to the company he's pretty much dug himself into a hole and i suppose thats the way the company have seen it.It really is a sad state of affairs in this day or age that no one is prepared to stand by you even though your trying to get the job done. Very sad
Old May 26th 2013, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

berkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura about

Surely I would be more worried of falsifying my log book. Having an accident when driving ( when in sleeper) surely that can't be good. Criminal charges?
Old May 27th 2013, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by berkoboy
Surely I would be more worried of falsifying my log book. Having an accident when driving ( when in sleeper) surely that can't be good. Criminal charges?
The accident was outside the cab, nothing to do with driving. He was on his way to the toilet & slipped on some ice. Garvs has got the point I am trying to make here.
Old May 28th 2013, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

berkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura about

sorry m8 didn't realise. Guess you find out how good your company is when you need em