Westcan Bulk Transport

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all
Default Re: Westcan Bulk Transport

Originally Posted by ivor_bigun
Is trucking still like it was in the old days??? I bet every one still waves to a truck from the same company over there too. or same town.
I have that still here in UK almost every Low Loader I pass will flash even though I never seem them before in my life.
Strange you say that, in Australia, truckers all over will wave, even if they dont know them, its like an international call sign.

arrived in the UK, and as soon as I was driving, I too did what aussies do, wave (Even hand on wheel and the fingers up like a wave)

Well, 1st thing is, no bloody waves back, 1st thought arrogant bb..... then didnt take long to understand that in the UK it is every man to himself.

Flash, yep tried that, and one day was on the A66 and I flashed another fellow plate driver, next second I looked in rear vision and BLUE lights going, I will pulled over, questioned why the flash of lights, (Didnt know that they had a blitz on speeding in construction area of A66) the copper said its an offence to warn others of the speed trap, well I explained why, and as soon he did hear my accent he thought OK and let me go with a warning.

Now, dont wave, nor flash, Do what others do to you,
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:32 am
Just Joined

ivor_bigun is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Westcan Bulk Transport

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
Strange you say that, in Australia, truckers all over will wave, even if they dont know them, its like an international call sign.

arrived in the UK, and as soon as I was driving, I too did what aussies do, wave (Even hand on wheel and the fingers up like a wave)

Well, 1st thing is, no bloody waves back, 1st thought arrogant bb..... then didnt take long to understand that in the UK it is every man to himself.

Flash, yep tried that, and one day was on the A66 and I flashed another fellow plate driver, next second I looked in rear vision and BLUE lights going, I will pulled over, questioned why the flash of lights, (Didnt know that they had a blitz on speeding in construction area of A66) the copper said its an offence to warn others of the speed trap, well I explained why, and as soon he did hear my accent he thought OK and let me go with a warning.

Now, dont wave, nor flash, Do what others do to you,
When I started driving if you saw a truck from the same town you always flashed or if you were miles away even the same county you flashed. I think because much of the smaller hauliers have gone and the multinationals have taken over you never know where the truck is based.

While in Europe we still flash other UK trucks

But Low Loader drivers are still in the old school and seem to be the only drivers that still do this in the UK
As for the A66 its finished now the work is all done BUT as you may have seen from my earlier post it was closed friday night with 150 cars and trucks stuck there was 1 inch of snow lol It made the national news We are hopeless here in bad weather

We still have the signal for wheel tappers and smokeys most real truckers still do that thumb down and flash

Last edited by ivor_bigun; Feb 3rd 2008 at 11:42 am. Reason: add sig
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

suzyndav is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by trucky9854
:curse:Hi I have been here in Edmonton Terminal with my family for nearly Two years, and I wished I had done it 20 years ago.I have been driving trucks all over Europe and Eastern Bloc for 30 years and have enjoyed myself over here far better than I ever did.The main problem "with brit drivers" is not the company they are working for but their attitude to the company.If you guys want to believe drivers that HAVE a problem with their attitude then stay in the UK. I admit for the first six months (until you finish your training and settling in) it can be difficult,especially for an old dog like me.But with the right attitude,the company will help all the way.Yes I agree there is no consistency in the training programme,(each trainer trains differently) so instead of listening to the wrong drivers (knockers who want money but no work.) come over and make a difference.Dont come with the attitude that a lot of OTHERS have come with, they want the best trucks and trailers,they won't work after 6pm,they don't work weekends,what are they Truckers or WIMPS. I am on a 4 Days on 4 Days off schedule and earning more than I was in the UK.SO DONT KNOCK BEFORE YOU TRY IT
Hi Truckers
I've done it & got the t-shirt, my biggest mistake was going with the wrong company & terminal, BIG MISTAKE. Wife 4 children & dog, bought acerage which we fell in love with on research trip,. kids settled into schools, clubs etc, wife made loads of friends. went to a wedding within the first month of being there,FANTASTIC WEDDING outside. We agree you have got to give it at least 4mths, as the trucks are older than here, roads are dead straight, you might change gear twice in 2hrs!! its easier than UK to find your way around. Training, well, certain terminals haven't a clue at all. & they drum into you when there on research, if wheels aren't moving then you aren't earning, THAT'S THE PROBLEM, NOT ENOUGH WORK!!& not earning money.
So don't say it is our ATTITUDE, in some cases yes but not in ours, we'd still be there if it wasn't for a certain TERMINAL.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

trucky9854 is an unknown quantity at this point

So instead of Knocking the co.WHY NOT CHANGE TERMINALS ?
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

suzyndav is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by trucky9854
So instead of Knocking the co.WHY NOT CHANGE TERMINALS ?
Was't given that option, if i knew then what i know now i wouldn't of come back.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

trucky9854 is an unknown quantity at this point

What terminal was you at mate ? At Edmonton terminal l have'nt stopped for the time I have been here,and that is on Sulphur or Fuel !!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Wild Geese
Check This Out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAKeX...eature=related
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
thats him more clips too!!!!!!!!!
I have that on VHS some where no VHS player mind we use dvd and PVR these days:curse:
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ivor_bigun
When I started driving if you saw a truck from the same town you always flashed or if you were miles away even the same county you flashed. I think because much of the smaller hauliers have gone and the multinationals have taken over you never know where the truck is based.

While in Europe we still flash other UK trucks

But Low Loader drivers are still in the old school and seem to be the only drivers that still do this in the UK
As for the A66 its finished now the work is all done BUT as you may have seen from my earlier post it was closed friday night with 150 cars and trucks stuck there was 1 inch of snow lol It made the national news We are hopeless here in bad weather

We still have the signal for wheel tappers and smokeys most real truckers still do that thumb down and flash
OK understand, remember I am in UK now, work for Britt Drive.......

I still help out as much as I can but soon will be off again, may have to use my passport and visit another of gods land and try out driving back on the other side of the road again,,,,,,,,what the UK call - Left Hookers ---- not the ones on the street corner either
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
OK understand, remember I am in UK now, work for Britt Drive.......

I still help out as much as I can but soon will be off again, may have to use my passport and visit another of gods land and try out driving back on the other side of the road again,,,,,,,,what the UK call - Left Hookers ---- not the ones on the street corner either
Thought you were comming over here,BC but living in the US or something. Oh i get lost with who's doing what with whom and when and why
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Thought you were comming over here,BC but living in the US or something. Oh i get lost with who's doing what with whom and when and why
Other 1/2 is still undecided, typical
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Bonnyal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Im a 55 years young Yorkshire lad whose thinking of starting the long and complicated process of getting across to Canada as a truck driver. Ive been looking at Westcan as a starting point as i have fuel and chemical tanker experience. I have also run tippers ,fridges, Flats and containers.
Before i go any further, I have 2 endorsements on my licence, 1 for speeding and 1 for jumping a red light.Do these wicked offences make my Canadian dreams a non starter. Will my age go against me ? Any views on Westcan, they seem to help with the application process which looks to me as if its going to be a nightmare
Old Feb 6th 2008, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bonnyal
Hi
Im a 55 years young Yorkshire lad whose thinking of starting the long and complicated process of getting across to Canada as a truck driver. Ive been looking at Westcan as a starting point as i have fuel and chemical tanker experience. I have also run tippers ,fridges, Flats and containers.
Before i go any further, I have 2 endorsements on my licence, 1 for speeding and 1 for jumping a red light.Do these wicked offences make my Canadian dreams a non starter. Will my age go against me ? Any views on Westcan, they seem to help with the application process which looks to me as if its going to be a nightmare
Do I think this is an echo
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bonnyal
Hi
thr this thread I think all the answers are therehttp://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...12#post5892412
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

dunky is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Westcan Bulk Transport

hi julie
i,m dunky do you have the times for the emigrate show in
edinburgh plse and if i could have 2 tickets plse as i,m currently
applying for driving jobs cheers !!! dunky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.