Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Watt and Stewart wanting drivers

Watt and Stewart wanting drivers

Old Feb 11th 2013, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: Watt and Stewart wanting drivers

Originally Posted by spike50
sorry to butt in here , but this arguement has turned into the same sort we get in the uk about different types of jobs ,
i.e. supermarket home every night , different truck every day, and yes pretty good pay for the hrs versus
european , your own truck all the time ,away 2-3 weeks for piss poor wages but we still do it ?

why ? because we are all different and want different things ,
me , i like to explore , see different places , live what i consider a good lifestyle , yes in a tin box , but then that wouldnt suit a lot of people , and yes i could get a lot more money and be home every night watching corri enders but i dont want to and never have

its just a case of people doing what they are happy with and if they can earn enough money doing it , great

It's not really an argument , more like a debate on different companies to choose from if you decide to move over here .

I never wanted to do the OTR thing so that's just my perspective , a lot of other guys are the same hence the popularity of the Loblaws job , some come over for a paid sightseeing trip , which is fine but they won't want to stay in province or Canada .

There's a lot of useful information on these threads , just have to spend the time to read between the lines that's all .
Which is more than can be said 6 years ago when I was researching the move .
Old Feb 16th 2013, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

cukks is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys,im in london thinking of a move too..i wanted to get a messeage over to one of the guys on here as he is moving from the north in UK,can some one advise how i can contact him.please
Old Feb 16th 2013, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

hi KB33 you here
Old Feb 17th 2013, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cukks
hi guys,im in london thinking of a move too..i wanted to get a messeage over to one of the guys on here as he is moving from the north in UK,can some one advise how i can contact him.please
Try calling him ?????
Old Feb 18th 2013, 8:06 am
Just Joined

hi gremmie,does one have his number.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

grghntr1961 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all
1st time to post, i have my own property in orlando,Florida thinking of emigrating to florida.Hgv class 1 also have adr in packages and tanks.
any information would be good
thanks George
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cukks
hi gremmie,does one have his number.
who's number ????
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by grghntr1961
hi all
1st time to post, i have my own property in orlando,Florida thinking of emigrating to florida.Hgv class 1 also have adr in packages and tanks.
any information would be good
thanks George
Do you have a green card ??? if not get that before doing any thing. Owning property gives you the right to go on holiday there only not to live and work...
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Yes. I didn't think havn a home would give me instant access just meant I had a base.. How do you go about getting a green card, I thought you needed some company to sponsor you and you got it that way.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

garvs11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Unless you have family or a lot of money or married to a yank,Basically youve got no chance of getting a green card,there is so much red tape US hauliers wont look at British Nationals,unless you want to work on the harvesting which is only seasonal
Old Mar 5th 2013, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice

Originally Posted by garvs11
Unless you have family or a lot of money or married to a yank,Basically youve got no chance of getting a green card,there is so much red tape US hauliers wont look at British Nationals,unless you want to work on the harvesting which is only seasonal
I once listened to a radio program in the US.Basically the program was about the economy and industrial growth,On there was an immigration expert talking and he said,The US immigrates people on WHO they know and Canada immigrates people on WHAT they know.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 7:17 am
Just Joined

Thanks guys
I've seen on the net that a company will advise me (for a fee) about
Going down the right track to get to my goal. What do you think?
Thanks George
Old Mar 6th 2013, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice

Originally Posted by grghntr1961
Thanks guys
I've seen on the net that a company will advise me (for a fee) about
Going down the right track to get to my goal. What do you think?
Thanks George
Send me your money,I could do with some more cash!!!.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alandoug
Mr Dog is long gone from the big red team. Macros at H&R are loads of BS, along with fuel policy. Strict route a pain. He may well enlighten us with more?
If you understand the qualcom system, ie, macro's,fuel,route,tracking,etc,You would find that this system make's life a whole lot easier and simple for the driver and also save's the driver having to fill out a load more paperwork.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meritor
If you understand the qualcom system, ie, macro's,fuel,route,tracking,etc,You would find that this system make's life a whole lot easier and simple for the driver and also save's the driver having to fill out a load more paperwork.
Try the H&R Qualcomm macros. Totally OTT. Fuel macros? Just how do they save paperwork ?
A TIR carnet is less trouble

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.