Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

URGENT-INTERVIEW WITH WESTCAN, ANY ADVICE...

URGENT-INTERVIEW WITH WESTCAN, ANY ADVICE...

Old Aug 12th 2013, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT-INTERVIEW WITH WESTCAN, ANY ADVICE...

Originally Posted by neilcumming
yes i know where you are coming from ,i did the same ,waited til i got my PR then left the crappy corupt company i was working for also, but it shouldnt be like this,we should be organized and tell the drivers UK or whatever not to sign on with these companies and maybe things will change for the better.
No we should all leave it alone and accept it as part of a new beginning . What will happen if the Canadian companies stop recruiting from Britain ?
This might be a rollover and take it sort of attitude but the other option is to apply for landed status and wait for 4 plus years with your life on hold until it's granted. The PNP offers a fast tracked immigration process , enabling low life truckers like us to make a better life for themselves and get paid while doing so , if it goes tits up they'll even pay the return flight .
Most of us endured the crappy job for a while , then moved onwards and upwards . Did we really expect anything different ? No , but by being shafted for a short while by various companies we have given our families a lot better future and can benefit from living in this great country , where work is readily available and the world is your oyster .
I detested every minute at my original position but knew it was a means to an end , ticked off every trip I made because it would be one less before freedom . Nothing's handed on a plate without reason , if it were that easy this place would be full of halfwits and thankfully that isn't that case .
Old Aug 12th 2013, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: URGENT-INTERVIEW WITH WESTCAN, ANY ADVICE...

Originally Posted by alandoug
One man's meat is another man's poison? Some like Westcan, some don't. Same as H&R?
You need PR to stay in Canada. You can change employers if its that bad. In Alberta your AINP / PR starts again. There are asshole companies in Europe too? This is called TRANSPORT !!
You know Alan it shoudnt be like this.The main problem is the drivers are not organized in this country .The one of the first things i did when i arrived in canada was try and join a union and i was told by 2 union i couldnt join because the COMPANY wasnt in the union ,WTF!Thats against my rights ,im sure its illegal!? You may not like unions but to me its my insurance policy against being screwed by these cowboy companies,i say again we shouldnt just accept it,ok rant over!