Trucking in Quebec

Old May 29th 2016, 8:34 am
Just Joined

bigredal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trucking in Quebec

i have a question, i saw somewhere in this forum that i canot apply for PR in Quebec as a truck driver.

now, there is a company that is always looking for foreign drivers , spoke with the french lad over the phone, he told me that one of the essential requierements is to apply for PR within a year, becouse they dont want and not gonna renew my work permit,
now how can it be?

secondly, there is an advert for company is sask that have lmia's any body heard about them? it seemes odd to me that the recruiter that sopoused to be in sask has an alberta phone number,
Old May 30th 2016, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trucking in Quebec

The answer to your last paragraph is, they are probably a large company with terminals across Canada and although they are looking for drivers in SK, they only recruit from Head Office which is in AB.
Old May 30th 2016, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by neilg14
The answer to your last paragraph is, they are probably a large company with terminals across Canada and although they are looking for drivers in SK, they only recruit from Head Office which is in AB.
No, they only have an add on saskjobs, their name is zora-holdings, i never heard of them, maybe scam or or self nominated "agent" who wants money for nothing? This is the reason i asked here,maybe someone heard of them?
Old May 30th 2016, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

Cant find anything thats a company profile for them, One name comes up attached to Zora is Raj Gill. My money is on it being an agency but i'll keep looking.
Old May 30th 2016, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Juggernaut1064
Cant find anything thats a company profile for them, One name comes up attached to Zora is Raj Gill. My money is on it being an agency but i'll keep looking.
Thank you, this is becoming imposible to find this elusive LMIA.
Old May 30th 2016, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, looking at the name, I would personally give them a wide berth anyway.
Old May 30th 2016, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Well, looking at the name, I would personally give them a wide berth anyway.
i also though about this, but their the only job posting with lmia that i manage to find, i give this raj a call, maybe then i can clear things out.
Old May 30th 2016, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigredal
i also though about this, but their the only job posting with lmia that i manage to find, i give this raj a call, maybe then i can clear things out.
Don't become so desperate to move out here that you'll take the first job you find with an LMIA, it could be the worst decision you ever make.
Have you got family ?
If the answer is yes, you'd be wise to be very skeptical.
Old May 30th 2016, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Don't become so desperate to move out here that you'll take the first job you find with an LMIA, it could be the worst decision you ever make.
Have you got family ?
If the answer is yes, you'd be wise to be very skeptical.
thanks mate, one company already screwd me, i still have my work permit but no job, this why i looking for other openings,
i have a wife but no kids yet.
Old May 30th 2016, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigredal
thanks mate, one company already screwd me, i still have my work permit but no job, this why i looking for other openings,
i have a wife but no kids yet.
Just PM'd you.
Old May 30th 2016, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

try Canada Cartage i heard they have some LMIAs
Canada Cartage | Canada's Trucking and Logistics LeaderCANADA CARTAGE | CANADA CARTAGE
Old May 30th 2016, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

will try them also... thanks.
Old Jun 4th 2016, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

well i checked it, as suspected this is an agency that promises lmia if you pay the top dollar, i didnt even bother to ask how much...
Old Jun 6th 2016, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

I couldn't find anything on that company name so no surprise its an agency, Most use to charge around $10,000.