Truck driving in Canada

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future
Default Re: Truck driving in Canada

Originally Posted by Gremmie
I was going for 5 posts and no more
Depends whether he likes being called a loser by you.

Try asking him some questions instead of trying to shout him down as you usually do to critical posters, you twat.

If you think he's a troll... ignore him.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

didster7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arrrobbbie
I left Canada a while back to return to Scotland.I am on here to try and put people off driving trucks for a living in Canada.It has come to my attention that some Canadian companys actively recruit in the UK.There is one simple reason for that.It has to be the most horrible job in Canada.That is why they have to go abroad for drivers.People actually living in Canada do not want jobs that pay so badly and have such horrendous working conditions.Most jobs pay by the mile.So to make a decent living you need to work like a dog.In Ontario it is legal to drive 84 hours a week .Can you imagine?Many drivers work far more illegally because even with an 84 hour week they cannot earn enough to live on.Even then the drivers have no off time for they have to sleep in their trucks,miles from home.Don't expect any Canadian trucking company to put you up in a hotel.Companys such as Bison that recruit from the UK have drivers that only see home once or twice a month for a day at a time.Jobs that pay by the hour have an average wage of only $14 an hour.To top it off most trucking jobs in Canada pay no overtime rates and do not pay for breaks.In other words if you drive a truck for a living you are treated like an animal.They treat horses better.All in all I would not recommend living in Canada to anyone and certainly not if you drive for a living.

thats better than my uk job, where do i sign up
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mickfly
Depends whether he likes being called a loser by you.

Try asking him some questions instead of trying to shout him down as you usually do to critical posters, you twat.

If you think he's a troll... ignore him.
Whats the point ? He will only tell you you what he wants you to know

And I don't think there is any need for personal insults
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
Whats the point ? He will only tell you you what he wants you to know

And I don't think there is any need for personal insults
BT called me a Knob too
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Well if the cap fits ..

The Mods cant come in here that much , otherwise there would be some red cards
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Well if the cap fits ..

The Mods cant come in here that much , otherwise there would be some red cards
May be they are knobs too
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Proof ...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=673721

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=673720

The bloke is the "real " knob around here
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

He has been busy on the main Canada forum,, One of the more humerous Trolls ive ever seen
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:58 pm
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
He has been busy on the main Canada forum,, One of the more humerous Trolls ive ever seen
Not sure how much longer he will survive...
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 11:04 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

You do not seem to understand my post.Perhaps English is not your first language.
But then again, perhaps it is and you don't convey your ideas very well.

The comments about the driver who lives in a mansion are ludicrous.
Not to me, I'm there often. It's true that he's built it up from an old and really quite rough little house but he's done that while working full time.

Perhaps you eat horsemeat ,I don't.Where are these electrified ponds that they are forced to jump over?Your comments are silly,don't you think?
I have eaten horsemeat but don't do so regularly. Canadian horsemeat is almost all exported. The electrified water jumps I know of are around Orangeville ON but it's a common enough technique for training show jumpers, I expect there are examples in every province.

No, I don't think my comments, on this thread, are silly.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

Truck driving in Canada is a lot better than the UK and europe. I earn over $60,000 last year with lots of time at home, when I was in the UK I was lucky to get 2 days at home in a month, I will never return to the UK to drive a truck. I think it another story of a driver that has failed in Canada and is bitter of everyone that has made it work.
Originally Posted by wire
Are you for real or is this a troll thread?
If i assume that this is real for a minute then you are obviously a total outsider to the trucking industry with no knowledge of it what so ever.
Why have you posted on here?
"drivers have to sleep in their trucks without the benefit of hotels???"
What exactly do you think truckers in the rest of the world do?
I already had 15 years trucking experience in Europe before i started my Canadian career and i can tell you categorically that the job over here is better and drivers enjoy a higher level of respect albeit the job is harder so they do deserve it.
Last year i earned $70,000 which is considerably more than i ever earned in Europe.
You need to either post on a subject that you have knowledge on or if you are simply a troll, wind you neck in.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

11 Posts and he's gone .. Banned
Old Jun 29th 2010, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

11 Posts and he's gone .. Banned
Ahh it was just getting interesting...
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

It is a little strange that some people honestly do think they can just come here and sit pretty, without having to work hard.
Gremmie, Wire, Alandoug.. they all know my circumstances well enough I think, and they all know pretty well how I work. Like Alan, I was on International transport in Europe so I spent so much time away it was unreal. I get home most weeks here, and usually for a couple of days. I do well enough out of the job too.

I wonder if any of us knew the troll who started this thread. Gremmie, Wire and I know 2 couples who recently went back. One of them just blew it and couldn't accept that he may have been responsible. The others genuinely think they can make a better living in the UK. They believe that, because they can pick up a BMW for a grand in the UK, they can live cheaper.

BT, good to see you are still in NI casting aspersions. I was worried you had abandoned your mission..
Old Jul 5th 2010, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bobthedog

BT, good to see you are still in NI casting aspersions. I was worried you had abandoned your mission..
Oh Aye,
still living the "life of Reilly here"!!!

Enjoying a VERY decent and glorious Spring/Summer SO FAR just waiting on the rain to start!!!!

Just back from my forth long w/e away in the caravan with the kids since Easter and sunburnt AGAIN!!
Another w/e booked for end of July and full week up on the North Coast for middle of August.
Heading to Cambrills near Salou in Spain for a bit more Sun last week of September,
it sure beats WORKING for a living!!!!!

Thought there was too much bitching on BE for you?

BTA/Trucknet UK ref long haul Canada got a bit negative lately hasn't it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.