truck drivers canada

Old May 30th 2008, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

rose.family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Heard you the first time
Old May 30th 2008, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

PARDON !!!!

Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

trampy is an unknown quantity at this point

hello all

im a UK driver and i'd love to move to canada/abroad. Trouble is I have a class 2 rigid (straight truck) licence. Has anyone heard of companies taking on drivers with my licence? cheers
Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trampy
hello all

im a UK driver and i'd love to move to canada/abroad. Trouble is I have a class 2 rigid (straight truck) licence. Has anyone heard of companies taking on drivers with my licence? cheers
Nope
Old Jul 8th 2008, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

cloudsurfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by koogar
Hi all.
I'm in the process of moving to canada as a truck driver.
If anyone else is thinking of doing it, give me a shout and I'll help you with anything I've learned so far.
koog
Hi, I am also looking at trucking in Canada but I won't be using any of the agencies. Would you suggest turning up at a trucking company and taking it from there?
Cheers
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

ronis sister is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cloudsurfer
Hi, I am also looking at trucking in Canada but I won't be using any of the agencies. Would you suggest turning up at a trucking company and taking it from there?
Cheers
Apply to the companies direct, there are lot's, the paperwork is not difficult, but be aware not all companies take on foreign workers,
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

debbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to alldebbieeasby is a name known to all

Hello Kooga ,

You will have to forgive me im new to all this , My hubby and i are hoping to get to Canada asap . Hubby HGV/ADR ect ect been offered an interview today with Siemans ??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Have 2 young children so need to be near good school s/sports facilities ect ect .

Would be great to hear your side on things .

Must dash children off to bed looks like i have a long night ahead of me on the forum reading through posts.

Regards
Debbie
Old Jul 12th 2008, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ronis sister
Apply to the companies direct, there are lot's, the paperwork is not difficult, but be aware not all companies take on foreign workers,
Thanks for that. What kind of salary is achievable? Are we Brits as loathed in Canada as we are in many other places in the world?
We have done ourselves no favours by our actions
Steve
Old Jul 12th 2008, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cloudsurfer
Thanks for that. What kind of salary is achievable? Are we Brits as loathed in Canada as we are in many other places in the world?
We have done ourselves no favours by our actions
Steve
All trucking is paid by the mile and it depends on what experience you have, flat bed normally pays most, depends on what area, approx 37-53 cents a mile in Winnipeg (37c dry van/53c flat bed). In my experience Brit's are loved over here and made extemely welcome, we've never encountered any problems and have been welcomed with open arms,
Old Jul 13th 2008, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

All trucking is paid by the mile and it depends on what experience you have, flat bed normally pays most, depends on what area, approx 37-53 cents a mile in Winnipeg (37c dry van/53c flat bed). In my experience Brit's are loved over here and made extemely welcome, we've never encountered any problems and have been welcomed with open arms,
Thanks for that, I have been on lots of humanitarian convoys from the Uk to Kosovo. And personally have been treat really well by all but I have heard horror stories from others. perhaps it's just the way the world is at the present?
I reckoned flatbeds might pay the most but above all else I'm looking to get away from the pressures we have in the UK so a lesser paid job would be fine. My wife works in the Legal profession and is stressed to high heavens. A secluded place by a non mosquito infested lake would be like dying and going to heaven!
Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

princedeak is an unknown quantity at this point

No but my Hubby does, real down to earth company no bs! Loads of work
hi there my wife wants to know how you cope with your hubby being away for long periods
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

hayleigh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

We are moving to Lethbridge- hopefully in Sept. My husband is a truck driver and is coming to work for H & R Transport. I say hopefully Sept as it all depends when we can sell the house. Any advise gratefully accepted.

Ta
Old Jul 15th 2008, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by princedeak
hi there my wife wants to know how you cope with your hubby being away for long periods
well princedeak the house always stays tidy!!!!!!! but seriously I have made loads of mates and we do lots of stuff, days out here in summer are always cheap and in the winter we ski and snowboard, something I never wanted to do before but everybody has a laugh and it's not taken seriously, you have to make the effort to take advantage of all that is happening and intergrate yourself with the locals, they're really friendly!!!!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

princedeak is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for that my wife is pleased to know everyone is friendly ,just hoping i can land a job offer
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:29 am
Just Joined

lenny1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi everybody thank you, everybody comment was very helpful.my question is.i have bisontransport giving mi a position.the problem is that they direct mi to an emigration firm first emigration something.now the attorney are telling mi tow wire him 1000 can $, and after the paperwork is fille he need another 7000$.is that normal i thought if a company wont to sponsor you they were going to du all paperwork with their expenses,i attach a file that they attorney send mi.i do not now what to do
Attached Files
File Type: doc
kfl.doc (60.5 KB, 373 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.