truck drivers canada

Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:02 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Hi Kay.
Have a look here http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Truck_Driving_in_Canada

Good luck
Old Mar 8th 2008, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

CAGEY is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Koog,You seem to be in the know,have you or anybody out there heard of Ideal Driver Training,of Winnipeg.They recruit Brit drivers,and also handle the driving re-test.Need to part with some hard earned soon,so it would be nice if the cash did`nt vanish before I get over.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 6:55 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CAGEY
Hi Koog,You seem to be in the know,have you or anybody out there heard of Ideal Driver Training,of Winnipeg.They recruit Brit drivers,and also handle the driving re-test.Need to part with some hard earned soon,so it would be nice if the cash did`nt vanish before I get over.
Hi Cagey.
No, never heard of them.
Wont the company where you're going sort all that stuff out for you?
Old Mar 9th 2008, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Ideal Driver Training Centre Inc.
1558 Dupont Street, Toronto Ontario
416-766-1066
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

mick gilbert is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by koogar
Hi all.
I'm in the process of moving to canada as a truck driver.
If anyone else is thinking of doing it, give me a shout and I'll help you with anything I've learned so far.
koog
Hi KOOG
I to are in process of moving to work as truck driver in canada they tell me i need a visa to cross the boarder from canada to the usa but no one seems to know what visa is needed not even the us embassy.
would you know by chance
regards mick
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

shazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mick gilbert
Hi KOOG
I to are in process of moving to work as truck driver in canada they tell me i need a visa to cross the boarder from canada to the usa but no one seems to know what visa is needed not even the us embassy.
would you know by chance
regards mick
Hi Mick,
Trucking from Canada to the USA, I think it is whats called an I-94, your hiring company will tell you about this, you take you passport to the USA?Canada broder on your first trip down to the USA, When you pay US$6.00, you will get your I-94 that will be stapled into your passport and needs to be renewed every 3 months.

Happy Travelling

Shazza 151
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mick gilbert
Hi KOOG
would you know by chance
regards mick
Shazza151 is correct.

But have a look here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489395

All about border crossings as you can see there is no need to apply for one from the UK just do it at the border when initially crossing.

At the top of the Trucking forum thereare sticky threads to try and fill people in with all this info so I'd have a look through them they might help.

Cheers Dave
Old Mar 12th 2008, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

shazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: truck drivers canada

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Shazza151 is correct.

But have a look here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489395

All about border crossings as you can see there is no need to apply for one from the UK just do it at the border when initially crossing.

At the top of the Trucking forum thereare sticky threads to try and fill people in with all this info so I'd have a look through them they might help.

Cheers Dave
Hi Dave,

Thanx!!! for backing up one of my many useless bit of information I have stuck in my head lol.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:08 am
Just Joined

CAGEY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by koogar
Hi Cagey.
No, never heard of them.
Wont the company where you're going sort all that stuff out for you?
Hi Koog,The agency fleece me for £750.00 Then get me a job,when I get over thereand sign up with the Trucking Company,they get a second 750,from me.Good work if you can get it!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 7:01 pm
Whatacomplete Member

Hi Koog,The agency fleece me for £750.00 Then get me a job,when I get over thereand sign up with the Trucking Company,they get a second 750,from me.Good work if you can get it!
Yes mate, playing on peoples desperation to get to Canada.
The company I worked for sorted my test/training out and sorted all my paperwork out.
That was July '06 though. The people who have moved to Canada more recently will probably have a better take on what's happening these days. I'm sure you can still do it without using an agency though.
Old May 29th 2008, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

ronis sister is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Euroanchor
Hi there, complete newby here, so hello to everyone,

I too would be interested to know what you have found out about drivers in Canada, I had the oppurtunity to go about 15 years ago but the (now ex) wife would have none of it.
Had a class 1 for 20 years with plenty of experience in abnormal loads,

thanks in advance
Mark
Access Transportation in Winnipeg are actively recruiting foreign workers, Class 1 drivers without any middleman (saving you thousands) 2 years minimum experience, clean criminal record. If you can move to Canada in the next few months give em a call, All your work permits sorted for you and help with finding accomodation, bank accounts etc. 001-204-654-1347 call mon-fri 4-8pm UK time
Old May 29th 2008, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Euroanchor
Hi there, complete newby here, so hello to everyone,

I too would be interested to know what you have found out about drivers in Canada, I had the oppurtunity to go about 15 years ago but the (now ex) wife would have none of it.
Had a class 1 for 20 years with plenty of experience in abnormal loads,

thanks in advance
Mark
Access Transportation in Winnipeg are actively recruiting foreign workers, Class 1 drivers without any middleman (saving you thousands) 2 years minimum experience, clean criminal record. If you can move to Canada in the next few months give em a call, All your work permits sorted for you and help with finding accomodation, bank accounts etc. 001-204-654-1347 call mon-fri 4-8pm UK time
Old May 29th 2008, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ronis sister
Looks like u work for them ????????
Old May 29th 2008, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gremmie
No but my Hubby does, real down to earth company no bs! Loads of work
Old May 29th 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gremmie
No but hubby does, an honest down to earth company with loads of work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.