truck drivers canada

Old Oct 12th 2007, 11:30 am
Just Joined

sprognut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Hiya we are thinking of doing the same hope u might have some helpfull tips, i am german my husband is english and we have one daughter.
Wouldbe appriciated
Jessica
Old Oct 12th 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sprognut
Hiya we are thinking of doing the same hope u might have some helpfull tips, i am german my husband is english and we have one daughter.
Wouldbe appriciated
Jessica
You are looking in the wrong place,try here:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...ysprune=&f=118

will keep you reading for a few days!!!!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:02 am
Just Joined

westbound is an unknown quantity at this point

HI there;

I currently live and work in British Columbia. I'll try to answer any questions you might have in regards to living in canada and trucking. My e-mail is [email protected]
Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:54 am
Just Joined

kotavs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lyndon001
Hi everyone

just thought i would jump in and offer my 2 penneth.

We decided to immigrate over to Canada last january and i would like to share my experiences with anyone who cares to listen, we are now at the stage where everything is all set up,the paperwork, the job, the house, the schools, the bank account etc etc.

We got back to UK last week after a 2 week visit to Alberta and as soon as the house is sold over here we are gone.

There is no need to shell out thousands of £££ to move over there, if you do it correctly then the companies do most of the work for you, including (in my case) paying for your flight out there and even the work permit.

I will be joining H & R transport based in Lethbridge in the next couple of months and i have two mates joining Seimens (HWT) in september. As far as i can see those are two good companies to join.

Please feel free to check out my log at

http://lyndon001.blogspot.com/

and my email and im details are on there too.

Hey Koog sent you an email about that funny building in Lethbridge, hope you got it.

Good Luck Everyone

Lyndon
hi I have read ur mess I need ur help Im workinga as truck driver in India I need ur help I wud like to come there I have 9 years long hual tractor trailer driving experience and I have trained in India for 4 months for cdl training can u help me please I wud like to call u please give me ur no ;
this is my no 91 98481 78630 Im waiting for u reply
and this is my e-mail id : [email protected]
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

HappyHaitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Victor J Munoz
Hi Koogar, I'm an experienced truck driver too and I'm looking for a job in Canada. First of all, where do I have to go to post my resume and Cover Letter to be viewed for Canadian employers?
And, Is there a web site where I would check positions available or companies looking for drivers out of Canada?
Thanks for the advice.
Hi Victor, one of the most professional sites I've come across is "Challenger Motor Freight". It tells you all you need to know about the company and lets you apply online, (mention my name Martin Hellawell - bonus for recruiters/drivers!). I will be flying out on Jan 10th, they will pay for my first two weeks in a motel "Best Western" in Cambridge Ont. They will then train me to their class one standard. My total outlay has been, my air fare over there for my interview and $150 for my work permit. The company recruiter, Gwen Bratvold has been brilliant. She has helped with all the paperwork, medical, transport arrangements etc. I feel sorry for all these people who are geting scammed by "arrangement" groups, there is no need to pay out thousands of $'s in some cases I've heard of, if it's a trusted company, they will help you out with everything. Good luck & happy trucking!
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

CAGEY is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: truck drivers canada

G`day,been trying to get into Western Canada trucking for 6 months,been let down by 1 company in Saskatoon,now back to Sq.1.My age is agin me(57),so might have to try an agency.Any ideas?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CAGEY
G`day,been trying to get into Western Canada trucking for 6 months,been let down by 1 company in Saskatoon,now back to Sq.1.My age is agin me(57),so might have to try an agency.Any ideas?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489794

Have a look at the above link mate and also the trucking section in Working Abroad By Profession where you'll prob get better answers.

Ref the age it I wouldn't like to comment but you better off asking in the immigration sec of BE's as it will be more relevant to that section.

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Jan 3rd 2008 at 3:44 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

rikki_dru97 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi im 22 i am leaving the army which i have done for the last 5 years as a driver in the royal logistics corps and am looking 2 become a driver in canda?
Old Jan 9th 2008, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

HappyHaitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rikki_dru97
hi im 22 i am leaving the army which i have done for the last 5 years as a driver in the royal logistics corps and am looking 2 become a driver in canda?
Check out "Challenger Motor Freight" online. Their website has all the answers to most of your questions. Their promotional video is excellent.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rikki_dru97
Hello Mate,

Which unit are you with.

I'm Tank Transporter Trade and just handed in me notice to the OC Monday. He was very good about it and said sack it when ever you like.

How much re-settlement time do you get? not a lot if I am correct coz you have done less than 6 yrs

If you have got a few weeks you can do a civillian work attachment overseas you know and re-sit your canadian liecence as part of your GRT & use your IRTC to claim for it also using subsistance to pay for your accomodation & x1 claim to get you to the airport. You'll have to pay for oyur flights. This way your still being paid by the Army and doing your tests ready to start work straight away when you go onto termination leave as your entitled to start work on Term Leave (again not sure how much you get)

Need any more info drop me a line.

Cheers Dave
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

shazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant futureshazza151 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lyndon001
Hi everyone

just thought i would jump in and offer my 2 penneth.

We decided to immigrate over to Canada last january and i would like to share my experiences with anyone who cares to listen, we are now at the stage where everything is all set up,the paperwork, the job, the house, the schools, the bank account etc etc.

We got back to UK last week after a 2 week visit to Alberta and as soon as the house is sold over here we are gone.

There is no need to shell out thousands of £££ to move over there, if you do it correctly then the companies do most of the work for you, including (in my case) paying for your flight out there and even the work permit.

I will be joining H & R transport based in Lethbridge in the next couple of months and i have two mates joining Seimens (HWT) in september. As far as i can see those are two good companies to join.

Please feel free to check out my log at

http://lyndon001.blogspot.com/

and my email and im details are on there too.

Hey Koog sent you an email about that funny building in Lethbridge, hope you got it.

Good Luck Everyone

Lyndon
Hi Lyndon001
By any chance are you going to H&R through the PNP process?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

CAGEY is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: truck drivers canada

Thanks for the info but in my case, the speedo is against me,(57)Don`t like shelling out the readies,but an agency seems like my only option,unless anybody out there can come up with an alternative
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CAGEY
Thanks for the info but in my case, the speedo is against me,(57)Don`t like shelling out the readies,but an agency seems like my only option,unless anybody out there can come up with an alternative
Cagey,

If it is only your age your refering to being the reason you are considering an agency then I can't see how an agency can make any difference to your chances of gaining Perminant Residency in the long term as they have no imput in the matter.

If it is a job your worried about then I'm sure there are many companies who would be willing to consider you for employment - not being rude - so long as you can pass the medical required for the province you want to settle in.

Please find attached a copy of the self assessment form you need to complete for the province of PEI. This is just something I attached to show you how you could work out your points for the Provincial nominee Programme (PNP) for PEI ( all the other provinces have their own). When looking at it just assume you have a valid job offer from an employer which you would have if you emmigate via the PNP. I think even with taking off the points for being over 49 you should still be able to gain aroung the 50 mark required.

Hope this makes sense & if you trawl through some of the older threads in the Trucking section there are links to 100's of employers all over Canada. Get your CV / Resume together and blitz them all with it.

Any more Q's drop us a line.

Cheers Dave
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
533.pdf (390.6 KB, 342 views)
Old Feb 21st 2008, 11:40 am
Just Joined

lvukay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, i will be greatfull if you could tellme how to do it, to move to Canada. I am a truck drivertoo in UK.
Hope to hear from you soon
Thanks
Kay
Old Feb 21st 2008, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Victor J Munoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ivukay,
One of the most professional sites I've come across is "Challenger Motor Freight". It tells you all you need to know about the company and lets you apply on line.
Go to www.challenger.com and take a look about the company and posibilities you may have.
Also you can surf internet and check places as bestjobs.ca which have employment opportunities for truckers from the mayor cities in Canada.

Good look in your search!!

Vic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.