truck drivers canada

Old Dec 5th 2006, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

september is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Originally Posted by koogar
Hi all.
I'm in the process of moving to canada as a truck driver.
If anyone else is thinking of doing it, give me a shout and and I'll help you with anything I've learned so far.
koog

Koog.. Where are you, how's it going on the long long long roads of the US of A and Canada !!!!!
Old Dec 25th 2006, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

raju_bajwa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi this is harjeet singh, i am 44 yrs old and i m having experience of more than 25 yrs in truck driving. Now i m thinking that i shuld go canada to fulfill my basic needs pls help me out if you can. i m not having good financial background pls help me out. I can drive all types of heavy vehicles pls do the needful.My no. is 02225749077 / 09322706038. India.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Timbo6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by koogar
Hi all.
I'm in the process of moving to canada as a truck driver.
If anyone else is thinking of doing it, give me a shout and I'll help you with anything I've learned so far.
koog
Hi Koogar,

I'm moving to Calgary hopefully around July. Got a class 1 job with Siemens Transportation. Flew out for an interview to Saskatoon at the begining of Dec. Its a scary thought leaving everything but it's something me and my wife want to do. Spent my whole adult life in the Military (28yrs) done a lot of time overseas with lots of support when you moved, this is a whole new ball game. Don't get me wrong I am really looking forward to it. Anything you can think of that may help, would be much appreciated.
Thanks
regards

Tim
Old Jan 5th 2007, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

willow58 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all
i am thinking of moving to canada or usa but i don't know were to start, how do i get a truck lc, where to go and what to do, had hgv1 for 8 years, how do the drivers rules differ to that in the uk ie:how long can you drive a day etc etc. would be grateful for any help.
thanks j
ps. happy new year
Old Jan 5th 2007, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

Timbo6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: truck drivers canada

Hi Willow,

Go look at www.siemenstransportation.com, they are a Canadian based company. I went through them, just click on the link for overseas drivers. They are very helpful. Give me a shout if I can help you in any way.

Regards

TIm
Old Jan 7th 2007, 8:29 am
Just Joined

Hi Willow

Have a look on the Bison Transport web page, they have the new(2007) driver's hr rules,and i believe they are part of the PNProgram.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 12:37 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Hello you lot.
I don't get on this site too much these days, but you can get me at [email protected] if you wanna know anything.
Time to reply will depend on when I can get online but if you have any specific questions (I've been driving out here for 6 months now) I'll help if I can.
Koog
Old Jan 14th 2007, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

pbrady is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.
have just started class 1 training in the uk and would love to come over to canada in the next few years with my family,

Is it as good as i've heard?
How much experience do i need?
Am i kidding myself thinking i can do this in a year or 2?

any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Paul
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Timbo6
Hi Willow,

Go look at www.siemenstransportation.com, they are a Canadian based company. I went through them, just click on the link for overseas drivers. They are very helpful. Give me a shout if I can help you in any way.

Regards

TIm
Hi
Just registered on this site today.
my partner and I are hoping to move to canada (probably ontario to begin with) within the next year.
i've got 20+ years of HGV driving experience (currently in car-transporters) and looking for any useful help and information on the best way to get there, timelines and ease of transfer etc etc etc......

have tried the siemens site above but it just gives a load of sponsored links to other websites??

hope to hear fomr any of you that have info

cheers
Thundercat
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thundercat600
Hi
Just registered on this site today.
my partner and I are hoping to move to canada (probably ontario to begin with) within the next year.
i've got 20+ years of HGV driving experience (currently in car-transporters) and looking for any useful help and information on the best way to get there, timelines and ease of transfer etc etc etc......

have tried the siemens site above but it just gives a load of sponsored links to other websites??

hope to hear fomr any of you that have info

cheers
Thundercat

Hi and welcome
Try http://www.onlinetruckers.co.uk/ where you will find much more HGV related info. Feel free to pm me.

Dave
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Thanks Dave, will give the site a look

Can I ask if you've gone thru the process of emigrating already or are thinking about it?
cheers Thundercat
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Hi

I will send you a pm
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thundercat600
Thanks Dave, will give the site a look

Can I ask if you've gone thru the process of emigrating already or are thinking about it?
cheers Thundercat

Hi

we are currently in the process.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

RedMaple is an unknown quantity at this point

Further to the conversation about Canadian trucking companies who hire Brits...
The largest family owned Canadian refrigerated transportation company, The Erb Group, has been granted leave by the government to initiate work permits for suitable truck drivers and mechanics.
Head office is one hour outside Toronto. With ten terminals throughout the country. Erb has about 1200 employees and has been around for 48 years. Very good reputation in the industry.
They do long haul to all 48 continental united states and have many British drivers.
Check out the website www.erbgroup.com for details.

All the best!
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Thanks RedMaple

Great info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.