truck drivers canada

Old Jun 17th 2010, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice
Default Re: truck drivers canada

Alberta has an exchange agreement with the Uk, so that you can swap your car licence (Class 5 to them), but not your Class 1. Everyone takes class 1 including air brake test.

Unfortunately, while they are in agreement with ''the UK'', for some reason they dont include Northern Ireland. But luckily that isnt for all provinces. Each decide's its own rules.

This is the first step where you will begin to learn just how much they are still living in the cavemen days, in parts of Canada at least.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

mike1985 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx for the info kurt. So I have to take my car test in alberta then my class one? But I could go to a state that will swap my Northern Ireland car licence for a Canadian one then all id have to do is my class one test?
Old Jun 17th 2010, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mike1985
Thanx for the info kurt. So I have to take my car test in alberta then my class one? But I could go to a state that will swap my Northern Ireland car licence for a Canadian one then all id have to do is my class one test?
Yep good luck with finding a Canadain State that will do that
Old Jun 18th 2010, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by mike1985
Theoretically, yep, thats how someone could do it. Problem is, alot of the big companies who would hire you run their own training, or organise your training and testing... so if you go to Alberta it might be difficult that way.

Also its province, not state.