Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Tips for would be Truckers

Tips for would be Truckers

Old Jun 30th 2007, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tips for would be Truckers

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Thank you for adding info to the BE Wiki article on Truck Driving in Canada, Gremmie and Gay.
My building expertise is down to your patience Judy

Quite enjoy it actually - think maybe I should become some kind of writer
Old Jun 30th 2007, 9:55 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
My building expertise is down to your patience Judy

Quite enjoy it actually - think maybe I should become some kind of writer

I found this new addition to the "wiki" a very interesting and informative read, despite not wanting to be a truck driver! Nice one guys!

(Thinking of truck driving as a potential career Gay?)
Old Jun 30th 2007, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
I found this new addition to the "wiki" a very interesting and informative read, despite not wanting to be a truck driver! Nice one guys!

(Thinking of truck driving as a potential career Gay?)
Hey Floss

Seeing that I dont really know what I want to do and my best friends dad owns a haulage firm - then YOU NEVER KNOW !!!!

Am quite butch and can be foul mouthed and stand no s£$t so should fit it

Gaynor
x
Old Jun 30th 2007, 10:12 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Floss

Seeing that I dont really know what I want to do and my best friends dad owns a haulage firm - then YOU NEVER KNOW !!!!

Gaynor
x

Old Jun 30th 2007, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Hey Floss

Gaynor
x
Some of us could and would take offence at that as not all truckers are fat slobs who sit in laybys eating big butties but no offence taken here thou. Thanks all the same as i do see where you are coming from but i think that this is a view of the past as most truck drivers i know and i work with over 40 in our depot and maybe 100 plus throughout our company are your average build say 5'9" and around the 13 to 15 stone mark so not exactly slim but not huge like some.
All the best,
LOAFY...
Old Jun 30th 2007, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by loafy
Some of us could and would take offence at that as not all truckers are fat slobs who sit in laybys eating big butties but no offence taken here thou. Thanks all the same as i do see where you are coming from but i think that this is a view of the past as most truck drivers i know and i work with over 40 in our depot and maybe 100 plus throughout our company are your average build say 5'9" and around the 13 to 15 stone mark so not exactly slim but not huge like some.
All the best,
LOAFY...
Hi Loafy

Thinking more of the comic sketch on truckers - by no ways do I really think you are all oafs.

Really went I can hack it in a mans world

Good luck with getting to Sask. maybe if u take up canadian footie and the Stamps play Saskatoon our paths will cross = you'll notice me cos you will hear my gob

Gay

Old Jul 1st 2007, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Floss

Gaynor
x
I'm 5ft 4 and a slim Uk size 10 and its amazing how many other truckers look gobsmacked when I pull up to do a delivery
believe me I don't stand for any S***.

Rosie
Old Jul 1st 2007, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by RodRos&Co.
I'm 5ft 4 and a slim Uk size 10 and its amazing how many other truckers look gobsmacked when I pull up to do a delivery
believe me I don't stand for any S***.

Rosie

Good on ya Rosie - Girl Power and all that
Old Jul 1st 2007, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Originally Posted by loafy
most truck drivers i know and i work with over 40 in our depot and maybe 100 plus throughout our company are your average build say 5'9" and around the 13 to 15 stone mark so not exactly slim but not huge like some.
All the best,
LOAFY...
omg! you just descibed my OH!! lol

thanks for the thread gremmie, and thanks for the links everyone

i've had a quick look thru the links and still drawing a blank for car-transporter companies in ontario (searching on auto haulers, car transporters etc) does anyone have any more suggestions?! i'm sure they must transport cars around the country by road as well as rail?

many thanks, kristi
Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by thundercat600

i've had a quick look thru the links and still drawing a blank for car-transporter companies in ontario (searching on auto haulers, car transporters etc) does anyone have any more suggestions?! i'm sure they must transport cars around the country by road as well as rail?

many thanks, kristi
Hi Thundercat600,
They certainly do use trucks to transport cars but i dont know any off the top of my head but will have a look and if i come up with anything i will let you know.

LOAFY...
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thundercat600

many thanks, kristi
Ok Thunderthighes, or what ever. go to http://www.ontruck.org/ ontario Trans Assoc website. Click in the dark blue on the left hand side Links, then at th top of page click Carrier Weblinks.Then click in the dropdown fields Carcarrier and then the search button. And Boob's you'r uncle 6 car transporters. Hope this helps for starters.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:06 pm
Happy Bunnies

Something topical for all those would-be laydee lorry drivers out there
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6260516.stm
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Tips for would be Truckers

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Ok Thunderthighes, or what ever. go to http://www.ontruck.org/ ontario Trans Assoc website. Click in the dark blue on the left hand side Links, then at th top of page click Carrier Weblinks.Then click in the dropdown fields Carcarrier and then the search button. And Boob's you'r uncle 6 car transporters. Hope this helps for starters.
fantastic! still don't understand why these (except Mackies) ever came up when looking for car transporters!
cheers
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

and still non of them are general car-transport companies (like Inchcape Automotive, ECM, ANSA, Walon et al in the UK)

they seem to do private customer car moving (and mostly in covered wagons)

think we'll maybe need to suss out the car manufacturers in the area, they must transport the manufactured cars to dealers etc somehow!!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Something topical for all those would-be laydee lorry drivers out there
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6260516.stm
Nice 1, I've had my HGV licence for 11 years now and can't wait to team with my OH in Canada. Just another couple of years then our 2 youngest will be 18

Rosie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.