CE to AZ Conversion

Old Dec 6th 2016, 10:06 am
Just Joined

alanvdh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CE to AZ Conversion

Hi Guys,
I have a CE licence and have been offered a long haul position in Canada providing I obtain the AZ licence. I realise I would have to get the Air Brake Endorsement. What is confusing is that provinces have different requirements and was wondering if I can just get my licence converted in any of the provinces to 1A and go from there?
Any input would be appreciated,
Cheers
Old Dec 6th 2016, 10:33 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CE to AZ Conversion

Originally Posted by alanvdh
Hi Guys,
I have a CE licence and have been offered a long haul position in Canada providing I obtain the AZ licence. I realise I would have to get the Air Brake Endorsement. What is confusing is that provinces have different requirements and was wondering if I can just get my licence converted in any of the provinces to 1A and go from there?
Cheers
Is the company in a position to offer LMIA so you can actually get a visa, being offered a job without getting an LMIA will NOT get you a visa. Please check carefully before making any concrete moves to get any new quaifications.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Hi, I don't need an LMIA as I'm a Canadian citizen. I was born in Canada but left at the age of 3. So although Canadian, it's all new to me. I have dual citizenship. Canadian / Belgian. Lived most of my life in South Africa.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 11:01 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I don't need an LMIA as I'm a Canadian citizen. I was born in Canada but left at the age of 3. So although Canadian, it's all new to me. I have dual citizenship. Canadian / Belgian. Lived most of my life in South Africa.
Sorry, but as you didn't provide that info in your first post I, like most, would have had to assume you were a Brit as the vast majority posting on here are given the site title.
Not sure about the conversion of your license.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Hey, no problem. I'm a little in the dark as far as my next step is concerned. I live in the UK but considering a move to Canada.
Old Dec 6th 2016, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,
Cheers
In every Province, you have to re-take your test and brake test like you said.
Only a UK car licence can be exchanged.
Old Feb 20th 2017, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

spoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nicespoilt1033 is just really nice

HI. If you have HGV class 1 licence, you can exchange it for a class 5 Canadian licence. You would have to pay or find a company that will put you through it (depending on where you live) and do your class 1 and airbrakes (a) before you can take to the road. Hope this helps.