TFW, Trucking and EI

Old Jan 31st 2015, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

berkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura about
Default TFW, Trucking and EI

I thought I would share this with you guys, especaially from aftermath of the new LMIA rules and companies getting rid of their foreign workers. After 3 months of hitting brick walls as a TFW you can claim EI. I got my first payment today. The company I worked for out of Winnipeg went bust, bailiffs took the truck off me, unpaid wages, (another story), I still gotta live. I am married to a Canadian.

From what I can make out so long as you have time on your existing temp work permit, you didn't get fired, ( as I said my company went bust), you have applied for PR and applied for a open work permit, then you are good.

The girls at my local Service Canada were very helpful, however when I first walked through the door only one girl said I could claim, the other 3 said I couldn't. Even they don't know the rules!

Last edited by berkoboy; Jan 31st 2015 at 6:07 am. Reason: missing text
Old Feb 3rd 2015, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TFW, Trucking and EI

Sorry to hear about your problems although it sounds like you are going be able to continue living and working in Canada.The new LMIA rules have affected alot of foreign workers and Canada has hung them out to dry bascially.Usually Service Canada is pretty good but they have so many rules and regulations ,some people dont know what they are doing !