Siemens Transportation

Old Feb 5th 2014, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Siemens Transportation

Excelsior66, is there a particular reason that you want to go to Edmonton ??
Old Feb 5th 2014, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Excelsior66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jamesmc
ok..you seem to want to go to Edmonton only so..#1..look up transport companies in Edmonton on the www .find one that does a job YOU CAN DO and then find out as much good or bad about them ....then # phone up recruiting and ask if they would employ an experienced driver from ^^^^.and if you can visit Edmonton tell them you will call in when over to talk!! as this is british expats i would expect you to be british so no language barrier.
#2 or go on kijiji edmonton .jobs .driver/security for a look at available jobs and if you want put a j,ob wanted ad on, with your experience and the line need a LMO>
#3 get your shit together!!! check that you are allowed into Canada (criminal record)and perhaps the USA as well.,get driver print out from DLVA ..showing your clean licence ish,
references etc..
its a fact that drivers over here move around every few years and if you show a prospective employer that you have lasted a while at jobs thats a good thing ,,,,,my first employer in Canada was stunned i drove for the same company for 20yrs.!
go on driver forums and read what other people say about certain companies.
and if you are thinking Edmonton big money on the patch crap ,,forget it it aint happening !!!you will not get PR on that sort o work.if you are not interprovincial driving so back home in 4yrs.iirc.(max).
for all that remember you are just meat on the seat! you will be treated as a rookie,your hiab licence means nothing,forklift the same ,you do it the Canadian way or no way at all
not trying to put you off .
jimmy.,.
hi.thank you for reply,,appreciate,yes i would like 2 stay at edmonton , got some friends in there.but unfortunately he is a builder,no clue about transport,but cant think of landing in the mid of ontario etc not knowing anybody!!!got wife,kids to bring , but not straight away.
i found some comp in edm , just need e0mail them , or ring and ask , was thinking about WESTCAN they are in edm , I spoken with lady in siemens , she said , will get pr as a long haul boy ????,,,they will sorted .dont know.
i dont mind being away for 10 days.needs to be done
i thinking about canada , and dont want commin back after 4 years,not worth going , this is crap , i have been there on holidays ,did enjoyed!
yes im in uk with the same employer for last 8 years , clean licence , clean criminal rec aswell,dont know what to do , more mess in my head.hahah
Old Feb 5th 2014, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by neilg14
Excelsior66, is there a particular reason that you want to go to Edmonton ??
hi yes been in edmonton , and got some friends(not in transport) out there,dont want land there not knowing anybody!!!scary , and if my family will come over , they got some support while im on the go,this is real reason otherwise ,not bothered
Old Feb 5th 2014, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by neilcumming
Bison has a terminal in Edmonton,also try Manitoulin and H &R.This website has a few companies in Edmonton doing LMOs http://www.ilabour-market.com/
hi ,appreciate, i found bison , and westcan will check Manitoulin , but h&r realy bad opinion about them,dont know,thank you
Old Feb 5th 2014, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Excelsior66
hi ,appreciate, i found bison , and westcan will check Manitoulin , but h&r realy bad opinion about them,dont know,thank you
Most the trucking companies hiring foreign drivers are pretty much the same,some drivers have good stories about them others will tell you the bad stuff,all depends on the person I think.What I and other drivers did was,work for one of these companies then when you get PR status you can go work for someone else.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Dantankieman is an unknown quantity at this point

I am trying to start with Siemens at the moment but based out from either ED or CAL I am in Red Deer spoke with them earlier and they said they will work my home time in when I want it. But I think the easiest approach when given bad equipment would be just keep going back in the work shop keep calling telling them its on its way out this needs fixing that needs fixing. My dad worked there for 3 years he has been driving for some 30+ years he kept doing it this way and ended up with a nice shiny Volvo after 6 months which he kept til he left. Just saying.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant idea, except you're not getting paid a penny for it.