Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Sounds like you got it in a nutshell mate
P.S Ditto what Gremmie said about PEI and seafood

Having just re-read what i posted,i'm amaized at my own insight and wisdom well that got rid of my wash day blues i shall now go and sit smugley in the corner and revell in my own self glory
up ya bum BT
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Well Kerry and i have moved onto regurgitating cornflakes That dont count does it tho
So in a nutshell, Seafood are a good and fair employer,who pay the going rate for that region ie. Prince Edward Island,which just so happens to be a really lovely and laid back part of Canada. The employer is willing to take a risk on helping "import" an honest hard working driver and help with relocation of his/her family.
And NO as a driver you wont get rich,not on PEI or anywhere else for that matter,but you can have a good life
Maybe all those long hours your doing at Westcan is scrambling your brain,(it certainly hasn't helped your spelling!!)because if you would care to check out a few of your posts on "wages for truckers" you will find you slated Seafood about their wages when you where looking at PEI!!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Maybe all those long hours your doing at Westcan is scrambling your brain,(it certainly hasn't helped your spelling!!)because if you would care to check out a few of your posts on "wages for truckers" you will find you slated Seafood about their wages when you where looking at PEI!!
I know my spelling is not to hot ( i still think in swiss german and translate as i write) and i never slated their wages, i seem to recall they were to low for my budget, ie 1500$ alimony every month
And my brain got scrambled years ago any way,miss spent youth and all that
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

[quote=kerlynkeo;5459477]
Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Oh well there goes the bachealor lifestyle back to normal living....where is Robin gonna doss down now then HAHAHA poor bloke is gonna have to go home....what about Chris he's gonna feel his arm has been chopped off or is his OH on route also....you 2 aint gonna know what hit you.

Hello Davie_mac,

Glad to see you have joined the mad house again !!

Sit back and watch the fireworks.

How are you doing back in UK, are you packed yet?

Do you have that work permit in your grubby little mits yet?

Christmas is coming the weeks will soon going whizzing by !!!!!

Say Hi to Mrs Mac from me

xxx
I have returned....

Light the touch paper at arms length and stand back....Holy smoke how things never change eh.

I have the signed contract from Robin which I recieved while we were there.

Called him the other day regarding the LMO and he assures me it will be on its way very soon as they are taking a little longer at present will give him another call end of the week if I have not heard anything but he said there is no need to worry when I spoke to him last friday he still has a job for me and not to worry on the issue....Phew it is a worry though aint it.

Need it soonest really as I will be going into my boss with all the documentation to show him and apply for my early release from Military service. With being in the forces and on extended service I need to give a minimum of 6 months notice to apply for my release its not like any other job where you can just walk in and say see ya and work 14 days notice, we have to apply officialy and provide the evidence of the contract & job offer to prove we are not bluffing the Army into letting us go therefore for me I intend to have everything wrapped up and be free of Army by 1st June. However with all your leave and resettlement time you get this means I technically would be free to be in PEI by Feb 08 Hence the urgency.

We also need to have the tennants (is that spelling beer or people) out the house and get it on the Market as Robert is expecting us to buy no later than the end of May................Jesus All systems are go...now just need LMO....HAHA i AM A POET AND DIDN'T KNOW IT (D***head).

Anyway there is a big story for you bet you wished you never asked now...ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Joe is great just really looking forward to the move and counting the days...she just keeps saying how friendly everyone is and how helpful you all are in making us feel welcome at SE............Robin top bloke he even gave us baseball caps so you see I am official a SE driver I have the cap to prove it.

Now go and put another Toonie in the meter and feed your kids bad women you.

Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

I know my spelling is not to hot ( i still think in swiss german and translate as i write) and i never slated their wages, i seem to recall they were to low for my budget, ie 1500$ alimony every month
And my brain got scrambled years ago any way,miss spent youth and all that
I know you mentioned the alimony before and I didn't think it was any of my business but if your say earning $4000 take home from Westcan month, paying that $1500 is taking approx 38% of your wages away in one fell swoop.
How will you ever be able to afford a mortgage in BC or pay your rent,surely it must be high in BC?
Will you have any money left at all once your bills have been paid?
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:04 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

I know you mentioned the alimony before and I didn't think it was any of my business but if your say earning $4000 take home from Westcan month, paying that $1500 is taking approx 38% of your wages away in one fell swoop.
How will you ever be able to afford a mortgage in BC or pay your rent,surely it must be high in BC?
Good to see my "lets get back on topic" post didn't fall on deaf ears.............................................. ..NOT
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

it was a valiant effort.

Think we need to take cover
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Quote:

Good to see my "lets get back on topic" post didn't fall on deaf ears..............................................
Andy i tried i really tried but he keeps comming back
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

The only truth in this post is highlighted in magenta,the rest is pure assumption on Big Bums part,as always
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

I will be a good girl.

A previous poster said that Seafood did not pay for their flights as stated in the contract.

I can confrim Seafood just paid us back for Hubby's flight in full.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:46 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kerlynkeo
I will be a good girl.

A previous poster said that Seafood did not pay for their flights as stated in the contract.

I can confrim Seafood just paid us back for Hubby's flight in full.
Thats not good to hear, i hate it when facts get in the way of a good arguement..... On topic, whenever i see a SE truck on my travels, the drivers all seem to be happy with life and friendly enough to talk as do most drivers with any company. Of course it's human nature for a minority of drivers to moan and argue with anyone but some people have it down to an artform.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

I was sticking to the topic as requested, didn't want to stop an arguement .

I am sitting here with a crash helmet on waiting for the second round.

I think they have all gone to bed, need to recharge
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:22 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Puts in arm and waves white flag............................

Just dropped by to say welcome back Loafy, I'm glad you made it to Canada. Hope the job is going well. When will Clair arrive oh and the dog. We're living in Regina Beach as I thought I shouldn't let the side down. Archie (the dog) should arrive in Regina on Monday, just in time as they won't allow animals on internal flights in Canada after 31st Oct cos it gets too cold. That saved me a short trip to Calgary to collect him.

I'll just back out of this thread slowly without too much disturbance just wanted to say hi.

Last edited by Lorna_D; Oct 24th 2007 at 12:25 am. Reason: spelling once again
Old Oct 24th 2007, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

What have i missed??? just popped out to rent a video and naff all has happend even Lorna D didn't really join in,Hi are the pair of you doing anyway, has he passed his tests yet,give some gossip LD
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:08 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

What have i missed??? just popped out to rent a video and naff all has happend even Lorna D didn't really join in,Hi are the pair of you doing anyway, has he passed his tests yet,give some gossip LD
Just testing the water in case I got my head blown off, then I realised that Britain is sleeping so it's ok to chat

It's great in Regina Beach however I think I've gone back in time about 30 years. Only old folk and work persons about in the day and this mad Welsh woman that walks everywhere must be me. Hope to have the dog over on Monday so won't look too much like I'm casing the joint.

We have a 3 bedroom cottage 2 blocks from the lake but too bloody far from the bar, but we manage to walk won't you? We have an 1994 Plymouth Voyager that eats the petrol, but I only need to go into Regina once every 10 or 12 days if I want to so I only use it around the village and into Lumsden for shopping.

Mal was told in the interview in Britain that he could not transfer his US Class 1 licence, not true he could have it would have saved him doing all the tests again, he found out too late. Never mind. He had a good mentor, a French Canadian owner driver, who gave him some really useful tips on setting up the dial thingys, winter driving, etc etc. despite the basic things that he was supposed to do like border crossing and the like.

That was a few weeks ago and since then the guy he was going to partner with had to return home for a while so Mal has been on his own until Sunday when he paled up with a scouser to do a dedicated run of 5 days, down to the US and back. Pay is still a bit iffy but we budgeted for 2 months until we get used to the pay system and he remembers to put his paperwork in whatever depot he's at. :curse:

Yanke have been good so far, very helpful and professional. Mal says it's not an easy job, but the roads are easy and the sights he's seen have been and added bonus.

I love it, Mal loves it and we are not going home. It's a bit quiet here at the moment and the bar doesn't have Setanta so the sport is limited. We wanted to watch the English get stuffed sorry lose the rugby but when we found a bar in Regina they were watching the repeat of the Argentinian game. Never mind

How's everything with you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.