Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

ok, so where do i start ???

ok, so where do i start ???

Old Mar 30th 2011, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ok, so where do i start ???

Originally Posted by garvs11
Gremmie, A very good question and hopefully i can explain without contradicting myself,As yourself i have travelled most provinces and feel i do have a little experience in this so can comment without condemnation off others.Yes although PEI is beautiful its also quiet but i couldn't see myself living here,but driving Canada for some reason bores the pants off me, as soon as i hit the USA border its like a huge weight has been lifted off me and im free.I thought about other provinces wondering whether it would make a difference and i suppose that will always be in the back of my mind. but i feel if im going put any energy into relocating like i said The States would be the place, The Carolinas or Virginia really does it for me whether it be the people or the history or the coast, the cost of living, it seems to push my buttons.I don't have a downer about Canada i think ive given it enough time but i feel its sort of second best in North America.I suppose i wont know until i return to England (May)how much of Canada i will miss,although im already dreading the thought of not being able to hop back into the States every week.
I'm 100% with you regarding driving in the States as against driving only in Canada. And again 100% with the Corolina's and Virgina, my favorite trips took me back and forth over the Apalachens, espescialy in fall time But getting into the states is frickin hard.
As for work i know the PEI trucks tend to do just the eastern seaboard, where as we here in MB go do both coasts as we are plum in the middle Mine this week are are going 1 to Washington 2 California, 1 New Mexico and Mexico the others are coming home.ok its flat as hell here, but just down the road are the lovely lakes and forests of Lake of the Woods etc.