Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

ok, so where do i start ???

ok, so where do i start ???

Old Mar 22nd 2011, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future
Default Re: ok, so where do i start ???

Originally Posted by kb33

But my 4/4 was usually a 50-55 hour shift We all know you would love to live and work out here but it would have to be on your terms and that ain't gonna happen is it ?
You really think so?!!!!!

Now lets see:

I work 4on/4off 12h shifts=48hours

365days/year 4on/4off= 182days working.

182 working 12h days minus 9 additional "rest days" built in to shift cycle = 173 working days.

240hours holiday entitlement divided by 12hours= 20days hoilday

173 minus 20 days holiday means I ONLY have to work 153 days PER YEAR.

You really think I should voluntarily give that up and move over to the Canadian Utopia around the Rockie Mountians to drive trucks?!!!!!
(I have been to Denver/Colorado Springs and to the top of "Pikes Peak", they ain't that big a deal!!!!)

WAIT!!!!!!,

I forgot about the 8 UK public holidays so thats 145days work PER YEAR!!!!!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Truck

Now lets see:

182 working 12h days minus 9 additional "rest days" built in to shift cycle = 173 working days.

You really think I should voluntarily give that up and move over to the Canadian Utopia around the Rockie Mountians to drive trucks?!!!!!
(I have been to Denver/Colorado Springs and to the top of "Pikes Peak", they ain't that big a deal!!!!)

WAIT!!!!!!,

What we really think wont get published on here, but in short we sincerely hope you stay in your little " Paddy Dreamworld" as it has no bearing on what is discussed here.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Just to let all you UK doomsday merchants know:

There was a survey carried out on the BBC news today and the cost of living in the UK over the last two years for an average family of husband/wife and two kids has gone up by a MASSIVE 1.1%, its just terrible news altogether!!!!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12815228

Old Mar 22nd 2011, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Now lets see:

WAIT!!!!!!,

Stay there then as I don't give a rats ar$e !

But what I don't understand is why you keep coming on various ex pat trucking forums , If your not posting drivel your always on having a sneaky look. I'm sure you could go on Tnet uk drivers forum and tell em about Vosa / W.T.D. Digi tachos etc etc as most are struggling to earn more than 450 a week or get above 7 quid an hour. I'm sure they would love to hear about your life of luxury
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Now come on children behave yourselves
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 2:51 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
Now come on children behave yourselves
I've often thought that some of these characters must drive Tonka trucks in a sandbox !
Old Mar 28th 2011, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road

BT, what is it with your anti Canada thing?

You've never been here and done it, yet you have a big problem with anyone that has, does it not occur to you that some of us have made a successful ove and are pleased with the decisions we've made?

At every opportunity you tell us how good your job is and how much money you earn, are you compensating for something?

I do agree with you about the companies that recruit from Europe, but that's hardly rocket science is it? If a company needs to recruit from half way around the world then there's a problem somewhere, but thanks to these forums anyone who looks in will not be under any illusions and can use these companies as a stepping stone to better things as many of us did.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Chicken lights and chrome
BT, what is it with your anti Canada thing?

You've never been here and done it, yet you have a big problem with anyone that has, does it not occur to you that some of us have made a successful ove and are pleased with the decisions we've made?

At every opportunity you tell us how good your job is and how much money you earn, are you compensating for something?

I do agree with you about the companies that recruit from Europe, but that's hardly rocket science is it? If a company needs to recruit from half way around the world then there's a problem somewhere, but thanks to these forums anyone who looks in will not be under any illusions and can use these companies as a stepping stone to better things as many of us did.
Just to repeat for about the 20th time I have no problem at all with Canada and from what little I know from my short time there it seems to be a wonderful country (apart from the snow Oct to April).

I asked a perfectly reasonable question then got the usual "how you have a terrible life in the UK" attack.
My family and I live a very good and happy life here but you always wonder "what if?" and that is why I read but now rarely comment on Ex-pats forums.
Some think its a crime against humanity!!!!!

You must agree with me that its TOTALLY wrong that the "usual suspects" are still able to recruit from Europe for the never ending driver merry go round?
Old Mar 28th 2011, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Just to repeat for about the 20th time I have no problem at all with Canada and from what little I know from my short time there it seems to be a wonderful country (apart from the snow Oct to April).

I asked a perfectly reasonable question then got the usual "how you have a terrible life in the UK" attack.
My family and I live a very good and happy life here but you always wonder "what if?" and that is why I read but now rarely comment on Ex-pats forums.
Some think its a crime against humanity!!!!!

You must agree with me that its TOTALLY wrong that the "usual suspects" are still able to recruit from Europe for the never ending driver merry go round?:confused:
Its not just the usual suspects that have a high turn over its every company, its just nature of the beast here.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Its not just the usual suspects that have a high turn over its every company, its just nature of the beast here.
Would someone mind telling me who "the usual suspects" are please, so i know who to avoid. Thanks
Old Mar 28th 2011, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

By the look of all the signs up round winnipeg,,everybodies looking for drivers at the moment.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grant r
Would someone mind telling me who "the usual suspects" are please, so i know who to avoid. Thanks
Seimens,Westcan,Hit & Run,but as long as they allow you a short cut to P.R.who cares who you work for.No pain no gain,serve your time and Canada is there for you.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Seimens,Westcan,Hit & Run,but as long as they allow you a short cut to P.R.who cares who you work for.No pain no gain,serve your time and Canada is there for you.
Yep i agree with that, do what it takes to get my PR
Old Mar 29th 2011, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
There you go then,

prepare(maybe not Westcan but you forgot about Big Freight) to be treated like a dog for 2+ years,never get home,sit around for DAYS UNPAID,crap wages, kiss LOTS of arse and SUCK IT UP!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 29th 2011, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

There you go then,

prepare(maybe not Westcan but you forgot about Big Freight) to be treated like a dog for 2+ years,never get home,sit around for DAYS UNPAID,crap wages, kiss LOTS of arse and SUCK IT UP!!!!!!!!
And you wonder why people get Pee'ed off with you, yet more BT BS, you dont get treated like a dog, you DO get home you dont sit arround for days and you dont get paid crap wages.
So for the last time to any one who reads any thing written by Big Truck, he talks out his arse, he knows no facts, has never worked here in Canada ( 1 seasone harvesting in the States dont count) he pontificates about things of which he has NO KNOWLEDGE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.