Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

oilfield trucking company in lloydminster don`t go you have been warned

oilfield trucking company in lloydminster don`t go you have been warned

Old Mar 13th 2009, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

marg-den is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: oilfield trucking company in lloydminster don`t go you have been warned

just a quick note thanks for that piece of advice on how best to type out my version of avents of what actually did happen to me.

i will be posting it as soon as i have finished it , but been mad busy with soccer tournament's and other things but will get round to finishing it.

i have not forgot just bear with me people

thanks in the mean time
Old Mar 13th 2009, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: oilfield trucking company in lloydminster don`t go you have been warned

Originally Posted by marg-den
just a quick note thanks for that piece of advice on how best to type out my version of avents of what actually did happen to me.

i will be posting it as soon as i have finished it , but been mad busy with soccer tournament's and other things but will get round to finishing it.

i have not forgot just bear with me people

thanks in the mean time
All great literary master pieces take time
Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

hogrider is an unknown quantity at this point

let me give you a canadian`s view on this company and before anyone ask`s yes i have worked for them but never again i left for pasture`s new.
i think all the moaning on the thread comes down to one person and i know of him as john but i understand he doe`s have another name also. i have heard him personally say to new british people thinking of coming over gerry will ask you to sign temporary contract saying you will earn $45 a year but gerry as told me to say to you that you will earn well into the $90 a year he as to give you the $45 figure for the work permit as you can`t be seen to earn more than a canadian. so i can understand that people do get frustrated with a company but where do the lie`s come from well it`s your fellow countryman telling you this maybe if he was honest then people would make there own minds up and not come at all or is it greed. i know when they have started the company and after a few paychecks they confront john and say hey you told us we would earn this but we will never get that amount what`s going on he simply say`s i didn`t say that to you it was gerry. i guess this guy would shop his own mother.
as for gerry one guy and his son was here only been training for 2 month`s or so when they had bad new`s that his father had died so they went back for the funeral but his son stayed back in england as he was homesick and missed his girlfriend so gerry fired the guy when he got back well gerry didn`t but he got chris and eugene to do it.
as for health and safety they look after the trucks very well but i was embarrased when i saw them doing a h2s course in the shop with eugene sat on a chair reading word for word out of a book with the other guy`s reading the book but with the mechanics welding,grinding,banging in the background and gerry messing about on one of hie toy`s while these guy`s are trying to do a course mind you it was very short only took them 3 hrs max should of been all day.
i think the biggest thing that gets new drivers that come across is if they is no work they don`t get paid where as gerry`s trucks always go out.
i have heard people say these british are no good but i have worked with afew of them and they do work hard given the chance. so the company doe`s have flaws but they are new to bringing people over but tell the truth and you will be better thought of in general thses guy`s are moving country to come over with everything they have for a better life. i am hoping to move to australia so use this sight for information i hope i don`t meet the australian version of john.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hogrider
let me give you a canadian`s view on this company and before anyone ask`s yes i have worked for them but never again i left for pasture`s new.
i think all the moaning on the thread comes down to one person and i know of him as john but i understand he doe`s have another name also. i have heard him personally say to new british people thinking of coming over gerry will ask you to sign temporary contract saying you will earn $45 a year but gerry as told me to say to you that you will earn well into the $90 a year he as to give you the $45 figure for the work permit as you can`t be seen to earn more than a canadian. so i can understand that people do get frustrated with a company but where do the lie`s come from well it`s your fellow countryman telling you this maybe if he was honest then people would make there own minds up and not come at all or is it greed. i know when they have started the company and after a few paychecks they confront john and say hey you told us we would earn this but we will never get that amount what`s going on he simply say`s i didn`t say that to you it was gerry. i guess this guy would shop his own mother.
as for gerry one guy and his son was here only been training for 2 month`s or so when they had bad new`s that his father had died so they went back for the funeral but his son stayed back in england as he was homesick and missed his girlfriend so gerry fired the guy when he got back well gerry didn`t but he got chris and eugene to do it.
as for health and safety they look after the trucks very well but i was embarrased when i saw them doing a h2s course in the shop with eugene sat on a chair reading word for word out of a book with the other guy`s reading the book but with the mechanics welding,grinding,banging in the background and gerry messing about on one of hie toy`s while these guy`s are trying to do a course mind you it was very short only took them 3 hrs max should of been all day.
i think the biggest thing that gets new drivers that come across is if they is no work they don`t get paid where as gerry`s trucks always go out.
i have heard people say these british are no good but i have worked with afew of them and they do work hard given the chance. so the company doe`s have flaws but they are new to bringing people over but tell the truth and you will be better thought of in general thses guy`s are moving country to come over with everything they have for a better life. i am hoping to move to australia so use this sight for information i hope i don`t meet the australian version of john.
I might have found this to be an interesting post,but it reads as if writen by a 5 year old
Oh good luck with the Australia thing Hogrider, they might understand your English a tad better
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

citicat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the rough

Well when i worked for you gerry their wasnt any health and safety and the pay was dam poor,, I like it when your employees come on here saying its a good company, what would happen if your employees they said it was total tosh working for you,,,,Would they keep a job,,,,,

Anyway glad to see your fighting your corner,, Instead or your bouncer (sorry i mean your) human resources manager,,,

I really hope this recession bites you,,,,And you lose the lmo to stop other uk familys coming to work for you,,,

Is their any ex uk drivers got anything good to say about you,,,

Ow yes you say $22.50 ph what about days their was no work or 1 tank clean to do,,, so yes some days i got 2 hrs at $22.50ph = $45.00 and then on call all day for no pay,,,,,,,,,,and couldnt go any where,,,,

please let me know

Last edited by citicat; Jun 30th 2009 at 12:21 pm.