Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

a note of curiosity/ a plea(ish )

a note of curiosity/ a plea(ish )

Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough
Default a note of curiosity/ a plea(ish )

why is most newbies dont hang around??

I have and I aint even made it yet

maybe i need to borrow the snow shovellers new jacket??

seriously thou many come and have a brief encounter on here and puff gone????

so where do they go do they get there> give up the dream or figure the effort is not worth it?? or do they all congregate in the main immigration forum ie whre the sensible peeps live ( no offence )

or does anyone have a good story to tell?? I know the silent one area always the contened one, and heavens knows we rread enough about the hardshios peeps have to go through, but surely there must be more than the normal contributors out there... not thta we dont appeciate the good natured sacrcasm,,, I find it challenging..

answers on a stamp pls

ps Kb33 gremmie koogar and the others some of us do take note and hear the voices in the midst of all the screams

pps latest figures estimate that there are 2,000 brit on thr OTR in Canada,
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a note of curiosity/ a plea(ish )

Originally Posted by scooby109
why is most newbies dont hang around??

I have and I aint even made it yet

maybe i need to borrow the snow shovellers new jacket??

seriously thou many come and have a brief encounter on here and puff gone????

so where do they go do they get there> give up the dream or figure the effort is not worth it?? or do they all congregate in the main immigration forum ie whre the sensible peeps live ( no offence )

or does anyone have a good story to tell?? I know the silent one area always the contened one, and heavens knows we rread enough about the hardshios peeps have to go through, but surely there must be more than the normal contributors out there... not thta we dont appeciate the good natured sacrcasm,,, I find it challenging..

answers on a stamp pls

ps Kb33 gremmie koogar and the others some of us do take note and hear the voices in the midst of all the screams

pps latest figures estimate that there are 2,000 brit on thr OTR in Canada,
Wow,your spelling and grammer are worse than mine,,

I think many come on BE, pump as much info as poss from regular posters, then just bugger off. It would be nice if a few more would stay arround and pass on their wisdom and experiences, to the next generation
When i was researching i read Koogs drivell, well he,s still here writing twaddle as now i am,
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Wow,your spelling and grammer are worse than mine,,

I think many come on BE, pump as much info as poss from regular posters, then just bugger off. It would be nice if a few more would stay arround and pass on their wisdom and experiences, to the next generation
When i was researching i read Koogs drivell, well he,s still here writing twaddle as now i am,
damn I am so happy I impressed someone!!

message to Sue any chance of a spell checker here pls??

Oh and a word to those whose not as wise the sages ( thats koogs kb and my own mentor gremilsm) lol

Never give up hope make the contacts learn how not to compose a sentence speel badly and the holy grail will be yours even BW might find a form of happiness... ok ok I know that a bit extreme
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

damn I am so happy I impressed someone!!

message to Sue any chance of a spell checker here pls??

Oh and a word to those whose not as wise the sages ( thats koogs kb and my own mentor gremilsm) lol

Never give up hope make the contacts learn how not to compose a sentence speel badly and the holy grail will be yours even BW might find a form of happiness... ok ok I know that a bit extreme
oh sorry a note for Sue

When I ask for a spell checker.... I dont mean mean GREMMIE!!! lol lol lol
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

I've hung around because there was so much negatvity about moving to Canada as a Truck driver when I was planning the move. So basically I wanted to prove all the doubters that it can be done. Although I aint saying it was easy !
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

There is a spell checker on here, its on the bottom RHS when you are composing a message. Do not bother using it though I much prefer the hard test of deciphering your messages!
It is a pity that there are not more truckers from over there on here. I really appreciate the "old sweats" on here.
Even people who regularly post pick up tips etc as they go through the process and as I have seen time and time again you get a good bit of banter and sometimes an answer as well to your questions
So thanks to one and all!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

oh sorry a note for Sue

When I ask for a spell checker.... I dont mean mean GREMMIE!!! lol lol lol
OK Einstein, the spell checker is next to the " Submit" button when you post a comment...DUH!!!! not that i ever use it
Old Jan 19th 2009, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gremmie
OK Einstein, the spell checker is next to the " Submit" button when you post a comment...DUH!!!! not that i ever use it
Well you must have done that time ....
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kb33
Well you must have done that time ....
one wonder how the message can be brought forward better???
other than an ad in truckstop news???

I for one have made use of the forums and already have 3 potentia offers and not even travelled,,, now you can read that 2 ways..

Personnally I read its as,,, I was positive, researched the companies and the country.

IF its worth doing the effort will be hard but worthwhile
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

I have 9 months still to push then I will go for it. Its thanks to this site and forum that I have so many avenues to follow up. I have already forwarded my CV to numerous companies and had a few answer.
I think come the end of Mar I will have a real good go and will be looking then to set my targets!
But I couldnt have done this much without this forum and the regular posters on here!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus....you lot on this thread should just get a room!!!

I'm a mushy kinda gal but bleedin hell...even I'm gonna hurl!!!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 2:08 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

I've never even been to Canada
Old Jan 20th 2009, 3:06 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
I've never even been to Canada
You talk crap
Old Jan 20th 2009, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
You talk crap
Hey Lorna,how about ya OH writing some of his points of view on here
Old Jan 20th 2009, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

They are still around, reading the forum from time to time. But most people dont want to log onto the trucking section, of an immigration forum, and see threads like this. (which in the past week there has been many)

If they want to see threads like this, they would go into the dedicated areas of the said website and talk jibber jabber there - leaving this one for trucking only threads and information.

But Im no Moderator, and thats just my opinon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.