Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

My list of Canadian Trucking Co's needing UK Drivers

My list of Canadian Trucking Co's needing UK Drivers

Old Oct 13th 2007, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all
Default My list of Canadian Trucking Co's needing UK Drivers

I have enclosed a list of Canadian Trucking Co's who have advertised looking for UK drivers.

This list was sent to me via my past employment so thought you may like to see it.

(Guide to this list)

One would suggest you apply directly via their web site stating:

1. You are looking for work in Canada, however you reside in UK
2. Ask them directly to sponsor you if they think you are suitable to employment
3. Do just a 1 page (short) resume do not quote NI or other D of B just name / age / living (where) past exp, KIS (Keep it Simple)
4. If they reply and want to meet you, ask them to fly you over at their cost.

Hope this helps, more information on any Company, ask this forum, many read it and will know the pro's and con's of any pit-falls

OK the list which is valid in October 2007

http://www.kriska.com
Position: Company Drivers
Description: Kriska, one of Canada's 50 Best Managed companies is looking for customer service oriented drivers to run US lnes from our Mississauga location. All drivers must possess a FAST card or be FAST eligible with a clean driving record. A paid training program is available for drivers with less than one year of experience. Drivers are home weekly and receive a competitive pay package including RRSPs and benefits. Complete details are available on our website at www.kriska.com.

You must be a current resident of Canada to apply for this position.

If you are not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, you will need an employment authorization before you begin to work or continue working in Canada.

Experience Required: yes

Paid or Volunteer: paid

Excel Transport

Position: Tridem Super B Truck Driver - Union Company
Description:

Excel Transportation Inc. had been in business for 30 years and is recently expanding its operations.

Excel Transportation is currently seeking Company Drivers to join the Excel Transportation Team. We are a long-standing company with a solid reputation, and our compensation packages are competitive throughout the trucking industry.

We offer to Company Drivers a competitive rate structure and comprehensive benefits package. We pay our company drivers a combination of trip rates and hourly work. We are an IWA Union Company. Our benefit package is similar to that of Canadian Forest Products - WI, LTD, Pension, Medical, Dental, Medical Travel, Extended Health and Life Insurance. Our company drivers will work driving Tridem Super B's hauling chips, hog fuel, lumber or trimblocks locally in Prince George and Terrace, British Columbia. You will be home every night. Minimum of 2 years experience required.

Please send a resume and drivers abstract:

Excel Transporation Inc.
333 Ongman Road
Prince George, BC V2K 4K9
Phone: (250) 563-7356
Fax: (250) 563-3201

Dispatch Personnel
Excel Transportation Inc.
Phone: (250) 563-7356
Fax: (250) 563-3201

You must be a current resident of Canada to apply for this position.

If you are not a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, you will need an employment authorization before you begin to work or continue working in Canada.

Experience Required: yes

Paid or Volunteer: paid

Job Category:
Trucking
Driver – Class 1(E)/AZ (Tractor-Trailer)

Job Type(s):
Full Time

Job Posted by:
Excel Transportation Inc
Sheila Baker
333 Ongman Road
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
V2K 4K9
Phone: 250-563-7356
Fax: 250-563-3201

http://www.oktransportation.com/

Position: AZ Drivers - Local Work
Description:

OK Transportation Limited is a family owned and operated company which has been in business for over 87 years. Through out this time OK Transportation has maintained a strong commitment to Honesty, Integrity and Quality Service.

OK Transportation is currently looking for:

AZ Company Drivers (Local Runs)

Key Responsibilities:

Deliver excellence in customer service through the professional representation of self on behalf of both the company & the customer
Perform the driving function in a safe, productive & efficient manner that meets highway regulations
Conduct regular inspections & spot checks of the assigned vehicle/equipment to ensure the vehicle/equipment is in excellent working order/safe & efficient to meet government/company standards
Satisfy the customer needs by performing all duties as required & by utilizing problem-solving skills/complaints to meet objectives
Complete all documentation accurately & timely as required by government regulations & company standards i.e. timesheets, log book, bills of lading, etc.
Actively solicit, document & communicate to appropriate party (Supervisor & or Dispatch), to ensure procedures are followed and/or problems are resolved
Build rapport with customers, dispatch, maintenance & other contacts to ensure an efficient & productive program
Key Requirements

AZ Drivers License
Minimum 1 year of AZ driving experience
Clean Abstract and CVOR.
Fluency in written and spoken English

If you want a copy of my full list please PM me and I will sent it to you.

Hope this helps
Old Oct 16th 2007, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

skippy40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My list of Canadian Trucking Co's needing UK Drivers

hi just read ur post, thanks, am looking for wotk in canada so will mail the companies you mentioned, however, not sure what a FAST CARD is,
Old Oct 17th 2007, 3:30 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skippy40
hi just read ur post, thanks, am looking for wotk in canada so will mail the companies you mentioned, however, not sure what a FAST CARD is,
It's a card needed to transport hazardous goods over the border into the USA.
Last I heard, you had to be a Canadian resident to get one.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by koogar
It's a card needed to transport hazardous goods over the border into the USA.
Last I heard, you had to be a Canadian resident to get one.
Correct, you have to be granted a Canadian Resitentacy to gain one, thus this is why many UK drivers work within Canada till they apply to reside in Canada
Old Nov 13th 2007, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jobs just in - Apply direct to the company:

Company: SECURIT
Email: [email protected]

Do you have a DZ license and a good geographical knowledge of the GTA? Do you have experience in dealing with clients in a courteous and professional manner? Can you perform duties with little supervision? A positive attitude and good written/oral communication skills? Are you in good physical condition?

Shred-it serves more than 150,000 customers around the world exceptionally well. We're pleased to say that our customers are very satisfied with our shredding services. So much so, that for the past three years, independent research tells us that our clients would definitely recommend our shredding services to others.

Shred-it was founded in 1988 and, with more than 140 branches on five continents, is now the world's leading on site document destruction company.

and

Company: Agrifoods International Cooperative Ltd.

Salary/Wage: over time, night shift premium, benefits, pension Status: Full Time, Employee
Shift: Rotating Job Category: Transportation and Warehousing
Relevant Work Experience: 1+ to 2 Years

Agrifoods specializes in the transportation and logistics of raw milk to processors and transportation of dairy by products for processors, with depots in
Abbotsford BC, Edmonton and Red Deer Alberta, as well as Saskatoon, Regina and Swift Current Saskatchewan.

JOB SUMMARY:

The position of Bulk Milk Tanker Driver is responsible for the pick up of raw milk from farms in the Edmonton area and delivering to assigned processing plants.

JOB DUTIES:

Operate tank truck to transport bulk milk in accordance with dairy Regulations.

Train and write milk graders exam as per Dairy Regulations.

Hook up hoses, operate truck and plant pumps.

Grade and measure raw milk at farms. Complete driver’s paper work and enter information into PDA. Dismantle and wash tanker milk pump and hose, as well as interior and exterior of truck and trailer.

Maintain log books/records on mileage. Report all accidents.

Maintain interior cleanliness of vehicle.

Perform pre and post trip inspections, report required repairs/maintenance. Perform other related duties.

QUALIFICATIONS:

Class 1 drivers license to operate and drive a Bulk Milk semi-trailer. Must pass a company driving test. Unstable load experience an asset.

Must obtain and maintain a Bulk Milk Grader’s license.

Ability to keep accurate records and take accurate readings.

Ability to deal effectively with plant and farm personnel.

Must be willing to work night shift and weekends.

Company: Agrifoods International Cooperative Ltd.

and

Company: Protrans Personnel Services Inc.

We are currently looking for AZ Drivers for a US Triangle.

Leaving Brampton on Monday evening and arriving at Moncton - New Brunswick early Wednesday morning

Leaving from Moncton on Wednesday for delivery at East Coast of US (New Jersy, Pennsylvania, Maryland)

Leaving Friday morning from US and arriving at Brampton late Friday evening.

Will be paid for boarder crossing, pick-up and deliveries. Uniform allowance. Co-pay benefits. Late model equipments.

Rate: CAD .38cents/mile and US .42cents/mile

Qualified candidates must have 2 plus years of AZ driving experience and a clean abstract

Company: Protrans Personnel Services Inc.
Address: 969 Derry Road East
Unit 101
Mississauga,ON L5T 2J7
Phone: (905) 678-2032
Fax: (905) 678-2437

and

Company: Oddies Express Service Ltd
Salary/Wage: 45,000.00 - 50,000.00 CAD /year

Job Description

Class 1 driver needed with clean abstract. Must be able to work nights and in dusty conditions. Hours vary nightly. Holidays and weekends off. Benefits available after 3 months. Paid on weekly basis.

Contact Information

Company: Oddies Express Service Ltd

OK More will be posted as they come in.

Happy Hunting all