Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Moved: yanke, and any other trucking co.

Moved: yanke, and any other trucking co.

Old Jun 16th 2007, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

ejbsom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moved: yanke, and any other trucking co.

hi can anyone help. my husband is wanting to send resumes out but is finding it hard to find addresses. the yanke site doesnt seem to be working. if anyone knows any other addresses of trucking co. he could send resumes to it would be much appreciated. got interview with h and r but obviously want to apply to as many as possible. i personally would prefere to be in ontario as i have family around there. any help thanks ej.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: yanke, and any other trucking co.

Originally Posted by ejbsom
hi can anyone help. my husband is wanting to send resumes out but is finding it hard to find addresses. the yanke site doesnt seem to be working. if anyone knows any other addresses of trucking co. he could send resumes to it would be much appreciated. got interview with h and r but obviously want to apply to as many as possible. i personally would prefere to be in ontario as i have family around there. any help thanks ej.
Hi if you are looking at H & R in Lethbridge then try the Lethbridge Herald - there are loads of trucking jobs in there this weekend - click here to check for yourself.

Dont know if they will go for a WP but give you an idea of what is around

Gay
x
Old Jun 16th 2007, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

ejbsom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Hi if you are looking at H & R in Lethbridge then try the Lethbridge Herald - there are loads of trucking jobs in there this weekend - click here to check for yourself.

Dont know if they will go for a WP but give you an idea of what is around

Gay
x
thanks for that. we would prefere to be over on the east side though. lethbridge wouldnt be my first choice even though thats where the job is. although they do have a base in mississauga
Old Jun 16th 2007, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ejbsom
thanks for that. we would prefere to be over on the east side though. lethbridge wouldnt be my first choice even though thats where the job is. although they do have a base in mississauga
Didnt realise that they had another base
Old Jun 18th 2007, 7:27 am
KJ

kjkelly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there all. Just thought i would say hi. Im kj and soon to be moving to regina with yanke. July end of hopefully. Had my final interview 3 weeks ago and was excepted. So excited and worried as im a single bloke. I split up with my longterm girlfriend to do this. Hope i did the rite thing.
Speak soon all and good luck.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 12:02 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kjkelly
Hey there all. Just thought i would say hi. Im kj and soon to be moving to regina with yanke. July end of hopefully. Had my final interview 3 weeks ago and was excepted. So excited and worried as im a single bloke. I split up with my longterm girlfriend to do this. Hope i did the rite thing.
Speak soon all and good luck.
Hello and welcome kjkelly.
Me and OH are heading to Regina on Thursday for a job interview for my husband in Curtis Construction as a heavy duty mechanic. What do you think of Regina? We have never been to Sask yet so I am now getting very nervous that I won't like it
Sorry to hear about the girlfriend - would she not go with you , crazy girl to pass up the oppourtunity of moving from this country!
Old Jun 18th 2007, 12:52 pm
KJ

Smile Re: yanke, and any other trucking co.

Originally Posted by Alvic
Hello and welcome kjkelly.
Me and OH are heading to Regina on Thursday for a job interview for my husband in Curtis Construction as a heavy duty mechanic. What do you think of Regina? We have never been to Sask yet so I am now getting very nervous that I won't like it
Sorry to hear about the girlfriend - would she not go with you , crazy girl to pass up the oppourtunity of moving from this country!
Hi there Alvic. I have not actually been over there. I have done it from sitting at home looking on the internet. But what i have seen looks very promising.

My idea is if i dont like it in regina i can always move later on.

No my ex girlfriend wouldnt come with me. But hey thats cool it just proves to me that we were not to be. Crazy girl that she is.

Good look for your husband with the interview.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 1:14 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll get yourself a lovely Canadian. Have you any idea what part of Regina you are going to live in. We will all have to meet up. There are a few others on BE going to Saskatoon, Moose Jaw and Regina so we are not alone. If you haven't already been warned - do not buy a house in Washington Park in Regina. Ghetto ghetto gehtto, very bad area
Old Jun 18th 2007, 1:48 pm
KJ

Originally Posted by Alvic
You'll get yourself a lovely Canadian. Have you any idea what part of Regina you are going to live in. We will all have to meet up. There are a few others on BE going to Saskatoon, Moose Jaw and Regina so we are not alone. If you haven't already been warned - do not buy a house in Washington Park in Regina. Ghetto ghetto gehtto, very bad area
Haha, yeah thats the plan hopefully !! No idea as to where in regina but thanks for the tip. Im in a hotel for a month paid for by yanke. So during then i will look for a place. I will rent to start being single no need to buy for 12 months. Gives me a chance to work out where a nice area is. Im aiming for the outskirts. Quieter that way i think.
It would be nice to meet up with every one. That way we dont get so lonely and im sure we can all help eachother with any problems that may arise.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Haha, yeah thats the plan hopefully !! No idea as to where in regina but thanks for the tip. Im in a hotel for a month paid for by yanke. So during then i will look for a place. I will rent to start being single no need to buy for 12 months. Gives me a chance to work out where a nice area is. Im aiming for the outskirts. Quieter that way i think.
It would be nice to meet up with every one. That way we dont get so lonely and im sure we can all help eachother with any problems that may arise.
Hi Kjkelly,
Loafy here, well another going to Regina, me too and the family but me first then them later on in the new year.
I'm coming out for yanke too so maybe see ya there when we train in saskatoon.
As for housing someone told me and looking on the net that a nice area is wescana park very nice well must be really all the houses there are mostly around the 150,000 to 350,000 mark but they have quite a few well priced rentals as well so shouldnt worry to much.
Good to hear from you and Alvic and maybe meet up when we are all there for a swift one or something along those lines.
Speak to you later
LOAFY...
Old Jun 19th 2007, 7:57 am
KJ

Originally Posted by loafy
Hi Kjkelly,
Loafy here, well another going to Regina, me too and the family but me first then them later on in the new year.
I'm coming out for yanke too so maybe see ya there when we train in saskatoon.
As for housing someone told me and looking on the net that a nice area is wescana park very nice well must be really all the houses there are mostly around the 150,000 to 350,000 mark but they have quite a few well priced rentals as well so shouldnt worry to much.
Good to hear from you and Alvic and maybe meet up when we are all there for a swift one or something along those lines.
Speak to you later
LOAFY...
Hi loafy, thanks for introducing yourself. Hope you are well and managing to control the excitement and all the other feelings that come with the big change.
Cheers for the info regarding housing will bear that in mind.
No idea when im flying out as yet just waiting for yanke. They have told me they are presently giving a list of all who are coming to the canadian authorities so not to send visa application as yet untill i hear from them. Same for you i guess?
A swift one will be good and well needed i think once the move and the training is complete.

Kep in touch speak soon.

kj.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Hi loafy, thanks for introducing yourself. Hope you are well and managing to control the excitement and all the other feelings that come with the big change.
Cheers for the info regarding housing will bear that in mind.
No idea when im flying out as yet just waiting for yanke. They have told me they are presently giving a list of all who are coming to the canadian authorities so not to send visa application as yet untill i hear from them. Same for you i guess?
A swift one will be good and well needed i think once the move and the training is complete.

Kep in touch speak soon.

kj.
Hi Kj,
Yeah just waiting now for that LMO, wont be long thou soon come round and you wont be ready for it, it will just be OMG got to go now jeez have i got everything i need.
I think that as soon as you get your work permit you then get in touch with them and then they arrange the flight and all.
There is suppose to be a good bar in saskatoon and a brittish grocery store there too or something like that i have read in these threads.
Have you read the wages for truckers thread on here alot of good stuff and some other stuff but a good read and lots of info too.

Speak to you later.
LOAFY...
Old Jun 19th 2007, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moved: yanke, and any other trucking co.

Yes, at the risk of being called racist, if you look at houses and there are lots of natives around - don't buy there. I think most of it might be called Washington Park, but it might include other subdivisions too.

The square north of Saskatchewan Drive, west of Albert Street, south of the railroad tracks and east of Pasqua is not good. There are some nice looking houses in there along Dewdney and west of Elphinstone, but I certainly wouldn't want to live there. Around by the General Hospital isn't great either. East of Broad is probably fine and getting better. But west of Broad - downtown - my son had a friend who bought a really nice house there but I wouldn't want to live there.

If you look on here

http://sk.athomecanada.com/listing_b...&type=&status=

You will see that all the cheap houses are Washington Park or General Hospital! Nuff said.

Last edited by Purley; Jun 19th 2007 at 2:37 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 1:38 pm
KJ

Originally Posted by loafy
Hi Kj,
Yeah just waiting now for that LMO, wont be long thou soon come round and you wont be ready for it, it will just be OMG got to go now jeez have i got everything i need.
I think that as soon as you get your work permit you then get in touch with them and then they arrange the flight and all.
There is suppose to be a good bar in saskatoon and a brittish grocery store there too or something like that i have read in these threads.
Have you read the wages for truckers thread on here alot of good stuff and some other stuff but a good read and lots of info too.

Speak to you later.
LOAFY...
Yeah thats so true. It will be a mad rush last minuite i reckon.
Good pub hey and english grocers thats cool.
I have read some stuff on wages a mixed verdict i feel. Wot do you reckon?
My guess is the harder you work the more you earn. Thats cool with me as i intend to get out there and do my best and build a comfortable life formyself And marry a canadian bird!! Yippee!
I wonder wot that sara snow is like at yanke? I have such a laugh with her via email. Great sexy voice. lol
Speak soon buddy.

P.S. Now i know im going soon its becoming harder to do my current job.
Cant wait to tell em to stick it ! lol

kj
Old Jun 19th 2007, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Moved: yanke, and any other trucking co.

Originally Posted by lizwil98
Yes, at the risk of being called racist, if you look at houses and there are lots of natives around - don't buy there. I think most of it might be called Washington Park, but it might include other subdivisions too.

The square north of Saskatchewan Drive, west of Albert Street, south of the railroad tracks and east of Pasqua is not good. There are some nice looking houses in there along Dewdney and west of Elphinstone, but I certainly wouldn't want to live there. Around by the General Hospital isn't great either. East of Broad is probably fine and getting better. But west of Broad - downtown - my son had a friend who bought a really nice house there but I wouldn't want to live there.
Hi Liz,
hope your keeping well and thanks for all the info you gave me, there has been some interesting places i must say. If we do settle in Regina i think we would definitely be looking towards wescana park but we need a fenced off house as the dogs cant run free in most of the complexes that i have looked at. Anyway i think Mrs Loafy wants to move out of town and find a place so she carry on with the dogs and maybe get some kennels but that will be later on in time.
LOAFY...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.