Life so far in Canada

Old Jun 4th 2010, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life so far in Canada

Originally Posted by Big Truck
I didn't say I was driving a truck!!!!!
Seriously wouldn't an artic fuel tanker driver be on something similar and also the driver of a large mobile crane?

Secret?

Most Agri Contractors charge £60/acre to cut grass silage,we lifted 183 acre today= £10980!!!!!
All ways new you were just a grass cutter, highly skilled
Old Jun 4th 2010, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alandoug
Seafood are not the best on PEI.

Housing is cheaper than Alberta, but I was really surprised at how much the grocery bill is. Car ins is way up on UK levels. If you are really interested, give me a list so you can compare & I'll try to do my best to give you an accurate picture.

$10,000 is too much on your own. Have you tried Midland?
Havent heard from Davie Mac in ages, is he still at Bulk
Old Jun 4th 2010, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

ah,right then and there was me looking on the trucking forum for trucking related info would doubt tanker drivers are on that money and crane drivers i know and worked with would be well pleased to be getting that money. by the way i know various people who earn really big money,even more than £400 a day, but as this is a trucking thread i'll not bother posting about them as it is of no relevance as to whether someone can make a good go of it in canada or not
Old Jun 4th 2010, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Havent heard from Davie Mac in ages, is he still at Bulk
He went to Midland if I remember correctly, said the money was far better.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
He went to Midland if I remember correctly, said the money was far better.
Thats what i thought, but i seem to remember he then switched back to Bulk,,,

I think he only responds to posts if you are ex millitary now days
Old Jun 4th 2010, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

All ways new you were just a grass cutter, highly skilled
Highly skilled? yes VERY!!!

Our "grass cutting" outfit alone cost approx £620k to put in the field and I don't think you would have the wit to operate a 50' wide Claas Liner 4000 rotary rake!!!!!

How skilled is your job looking at a computer screen all day?!!!!
Old Jun 4th 2010, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Yeh

Yeh dont like you lot...
Old Jun 5th 2010, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

He is still at Bulk. Also responds whether you are ex military or not. He only lives round the corner. Sociable chap when u get to know him.

Midland were anal to him. If he wants to explain its upto him.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

htrucker is an unknown quantity at this point

Seafood are not the best on PEI.

Housing is cheaper than Alberta, but I was really surprised at how much the grocery bill is. Car ins is way up on UK levels. If you are really interested, give me a list so you can compare & I'll try to do my best to give you an accurate picture.

$10,000 is too much on your own. Have you tried Midland?
Yes, I did try Midland , but at this moment they are not hiring foreign drivers.
I`ve heard car insurance is very expensive ( could be up to $2000 or above ) in the first few years.
What about renting ? ( not many on Kijiji )
How much did you spend for grocery ? Some said $500 is enough for a family.
( maybe this is not true again ..)
Old Jun 5th 2010, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by htrucker
Yes, I did try Midland , but at this moment they are not hiring foreign drivers.
I`ve heard car insurance is very expensive ( could be up to $2000 or above ) in the first few years.
What about renting ? ( not many on Kijiji )
How much did you spend for grocery ? Some said $500 is enough for a family.
( maybe this is not true again ..)
Right. A guy here just bought a Dodge caravan, with his UK no claims of 6 years halved to 3 it cost $1400. $500? About that for 2 weeks, family of 4. Renting? $800pcm plus utilities, gas, electric etc...

Also remember the island is a tourist spot. Prices & availability in summer reflect this
Old Jun 5th 2010, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

htrucker is an unknown quantity at this point

Right. A guy here just bought a Dodge caravan, with his UK no claims of 6 years halved to 3 it cost $1400. $500? About that for 2 weeks, family of 4. Renting? $800pcm plus utilities, gas, electric etc...

Also remember the island is a tourist spot. Prices & availability in summer reflect this
Thanks.
What about the price of the car ?
( sooner or later need a car as well )
Old Jun 5th 2010, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by htrucker
Thanks.
What about the price of the car ?
( sooner or later need a car as well )
Anywhere from $1000 up. A mate got one for $1500, a Mazda, its fine. The Dodge was $4500, alot better as you might expect. He throws all his gear in it when he is away.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Our "grass cutting" outfit alone cost approx £620k to put in the field and I don't think you would have the wit to operate a 50' wide Claas Liner 4000 rotary rake!!!!!

Nope thats true BT i dont have the wit to operate a crappy Claas, but im pretty handy with a MacDon swather & header on my buddies farm
Old Jun 7th 2010, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Skill sets, yep i spend hours looking at the screen, booking loads, calculating rates, negotiating with companies all over North America, ensuring drivers dont exceed their hours, making sure the fleet is saftied & well maintained. Finding new accounts the only things i dont do is invoicing and customs ( if i can get away with it ) Due to my wonderous skills we have taken on drivers in the last few months from transex,bison,winnipeg motor ,trappers
and others and are in the process of taking on some O/Os .
So Mr BS BT it does take skill to do my job, and i do it bloody well the drivers don sit and the revenue is on the increase so suck that Mr Know Sweat FA BT
Old Jun 7th 2010, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

karron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nicekarron is just really nice

is this the "i'm a bigger prick than the other prick " thread ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.