Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

How much Money is recommended for a single guy moving to Canada as a trucker?

How much Money is recommended for a single guy moving to Canada as a trucker?

Old Nov 23rd 2010, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

hughes3005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How much Money is recommended for a single guy moving to Canada as a trucker?

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Hughes3005,just maybe if you weren't such a profound idiot you'd have done some homework prior to giving Canada the benefit of your presence.Did you not contact drivers already working with whichever company you hindered,before you came out here? Obviously not,otherwise you'd still be living the good life like the grafters/successful guys still HERE.
Flap to the mat it turns out that England is Full of Drivers that have been to Canada and where Successful at determining the Long Haul trucking industry is a joke and it doesn't Pay. So yes i am a profound idiot for being so Gullible in working for Such Sheight and Listening to the profound sheight you post on here along with the other Thread bare posters.
Your capability to pounce on post's that give feed back to this Trucking industry is as "Vile" as the Trucking Company's.
Lets out the Bad Hauler's and that way you wouldn't need to take the "Piss".
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: How much Money is recommended for a single guy moving to Canada as a trucker?

Originally Posted by hughes3005
yes i am a profound idiot.
You got that right..

Now here's the thing. A couple of examples really. Gremmie and I have disagreed on many things. Yet we have always been able to remain civil about it... Same can be said of FTTM and myself. Yet we do agree that our moving here has made a very positive change to our lives and the lives of our families. The strange thing is that we are all in different fields now. Gremmie has had no choice, yet he has been allowed to remain and allowed to continue working. FTTM went off long haul when he could. I may not like it when people do that but it is none of my real concern. I am the one still on long haul, despite having the PR.

Yet you claim we are either liars or have been misled, and further claim that we are being misleading to others.

You claim all these things, but you are incapable of ever producing anything other than a pathetic point of view from an obviously substandard driver. So come on, prove your point. Get all these drivers on here to say how bad things are. You may get a percentage, but it will be small, who agree with you. See, some of us can make things work, but you cannot.

This is a reflection on you and you alone.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's mutual gremmie..any way i am ignorant
hey we agree on something

You obviously did not read this correctly
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

I speak my mind,if you dont like it,dont read it
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Chicken lights and chrome is on a distinguished road
Post Re: How much Money is recommended for a single guy moving to Canada as a trucker?

As a newcomer I'm troubled by this, I've read through a few of the threads you're involved in and from what I can make out, if you really were speaking your mind you would be almost silent as it appears there's not a whole lot going on inside your head, save for blaming everyone and everything for your own lack of success

Name and shame the bad companies, well that's about the most sensible thing you've said, but they don't need naming, the fact that they have to recruit from overseas kind of tells you that they can't be very good jobs, but still, there are people working for these companies that manage to survive and even prosper, so even then you cannot say that the companies concerned are that bad, just that they don't suit everyone.

It seems to be a part of society today that instead of accepting personal responsibility, people have to be able to blame all their misfortune on someone or something else, people are not willing to say, oh well, I tried, it didn't work/I made a balls up of it, there's only one guarantee in this life and that's the end, everything else is in your own hands........
Old Nov 24th 2010, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Temper, temper.. Now go sit in the corner until you feel better..

Now, let's see. Ross asked a question and you started shooting your mouth off. That was bad enough, but it is the nonsense you spout that gets those of us in the know in a retaliatory mood.
I trawled through your entire thread about Ayr last night. On a second read it is clear you are just no good at this gig. You are offensive, nonsensical and full of spite.

Of course, I am just speaking my mind..
Old Nov 24th 2010, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bobthedog
Temper, temper.. Now go sit in the corner until you feel better..

Now, let's see. Ross asked a question and i started shooting. That was bad enough, it is the nonsense i us in the know in a retaliatory mood.
I trawled through these blogs all the time

Of course, I am just speaking my mind..
RobTheDog As if I give as Sheight what you think.if you look at Gremmies post its His catch phrase [I speak my mind,if you dont like it,dont read it] and change the words in your reply if you want.
You are as honast as a drivers Log Book
Old Nov 24th 2010, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

RobTheDog As if I give as Sheight what you think.if you look at Gremmies post its His catch phrase [I speak my mind,if you dont like it,dont read it] and change the words in your reply if you want.
Come on Hughes 3005 let's have a positive post on how better your life is now compared to Canada.I'm all for listening(reading)but don't tolerate fools easily so read what you write before submitting.Apart from not properly researching your move and so coming over blind as to what's involved being a driver here,how else did you manage to screw up such a great opportunity?
Bad attitude,unwilling to work hard,illiterate(sorry Gremmie),impatient,all that stuff is fairly obvious to me.When my chance came to improve the standard of living for myself and my family I grabbed it and have never looked back,apart from longing for a decent pint sometimes,but I fail to see how anybody with an ounce of determination could possibly screw up their chances here and then blame others for their own shortfalls.
What a waste of time?
Old Nov 24th 2010, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Come on Hughes 3005 let's have a positive post on how better your life is now compared to Canada.I'm all for listening(reading)but don't tolerate fools easily so read what you write before submitting.Apart from not properly researching your move and so coming over blind as to what's involved being a driver here,how else did you manage to screw up such a great opportunity?
Bad attitude,unwilling to work hard,illiterate(sorry Gremmie),impatient,all that stuff is fairly obvious to me.When my chance came to improve the standard of living for myself and my family I grabbed it and have never looked back,apart from longing for a decent pint sometimes,but I fail to see how anybody with an ounce of determination could possibly screw up their chances here and then blame others for their own shortfalls.
What a waste of time?
OK how better is my life now?
Absolutely awesome. because Canada is to expensive and the Trucking company's Suck.Blow or what ever you want to call them...they dont give a sheight about drivers...
So having spent so much time and effort on Canada i am Now content in England
For all those drivers that think the UK is bad Go to Canada and Laugh your socks off and throw away £5000 + for the experience.Flat to the mat people will find out for them selves if they like it or not,and if they like it they will stay.
And what am i doing now "Next",,,a real trucking company that treats drivers way better than Canadian company's How much do i get paid $52.000 for less than 48 hours a week...Not Bad for a failure!!!!!

Last edited by hughes3005; Nov 24th 2010 at 6:56 am.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

OK how better is my life now?
Absolutely awesome. because Canada is to expensive and the Trucking company's Suck.Blow or what ever you want to call them...they dont give a sheight about drivers...
So having spent so much time and effort on Canada i am Now content in England
For all those drivers that think the UK is bad Go to Canada and Laugh your socks off and throw away £5000 + for the experience.Flat to the mat people will find out for them selves if they like it or not,and if they like it they will stay.
And what am i doing now "Next",,,a real trucking company that treats drivers way better than Canadian company's How much do i get paid $52.000 for less than 48 hours a week...Not Bad for a failure!!!!!
You refer to companies plural, how many did you work for, and how long did you actually live here.????
So if you have as you say such a wonderful job and life why did you attempt to leave in the first place
Old Nov 24th 2010, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

spockil is on a distinguished road

a positive id say my first year was hardest but i love it here and as soon as i get pr il be staying for sure. i was home for summer for few weeks and i couldnt wait to get back on plane to get here. and id say im better off here than the uk.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Funny that it is only you that says that that I am not honest. And I do find it funny. I trawled through your entire postings and they are the most self pitying load of tripe I think I have ever seen. Yet you did accept my veracity throughout. Now, when you start to regret leaving Canada (despite you having no hope of succeeding here) you are suggesting I am dishonest.. Sad little man.

Rasta knows I am honest, Gremmie does, our new Chrome and lights fan does.. Funny how they are here and you are not.

You say you spent 5k.. well more fool you. You went with a firm who clearly could tell you were no good.. more fool you. You went back as a failure from Canada.. more fool you. Personally, all you strike me as is a bitter and sad little man, and you will always be a sad little man, although I hope you can shed the bitterness. Those people in the UK seciruty huts don't like bitter and twisted people, and you will make yourself unpopular when you are sitting in the drivers room of an RDC somewhere for 6 hours waiting to unload with all the other drivers and one dirty toilet and a crap coffee machine.

See, you need to remember that all of us that have found success here were also successful over in the UK and Europe. We have been there and we have done it. You are so conceited and bitter that you cannot accept the failings as your own.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bobthedog
Funny that it is only you that says that that I am not honest. And I do find it funny. I trawled through your entire postings and they are the most self pitying load of tripe I think I have ever seen. Yet you did accept my veracity throughout. Now, when you start to regret leaving Canada (despite you having no hope of succeeding here) you are suggesting I am dishonest.. Sad little man.

Rasta knows I am honest, Gremmie does, our new Chrome and lights fan does.. Funny how they are here and you are not.

You say you spent 5k.. well more fool you. You went with a firm who clearly could tell you were no good.. more fool you. You went back as a failure from Canada.. more fool you. Personally, all you strike me as is a bitter and sad little man, and you will always be a sad little man, although I hope you can shed the bitterness. Those people in the UK seciruty huts don't like bitter and twisted people, and you will make yourself unpopular when you are sitting in the drivers room of an RDC somewhere for 6 hours waiting to unload with all the other drivers and one dirty toilet and a crap coffee machine.

See, you need to remember that all of us that have found success here were also successful over in the UK and Europe. We have been there and we have done it. You are so conceited and bitter that you cannot accept the failings as your own.
For those of you who cant understand This outburst The Drivers Log Book is the North American Answer to "Legal Entrapment".
Every driver has to write down Daily Logs and basically its a Book of lies, that encourages drivers into deception against the DOT.its a game of Catch me out if you can! the Canadian government See's this as Honesty!!!!! you can drive 15 hours a day just so long as you dont exceed 1150 klm's and the Department of transport Know it is abused "Full Stop"
So if you spend a day Loading And another day Unloading and another day waiting for a reload before you Know it you have worked nearly 3 days Virtually for free because contrary to what ever these people on this blog say....You Only get paid for miles you drive...If you get a DOT inspection the fines are MEGA BUCK'S...nearly $2000 for working over your 14 Hours a day US you can drive only 11 hrs US if you get an infringment MEGA BUCK'S Fine..
This is One of the reason's you can not earn Good money..And it make's some drivers that stuck it out "Bitter" and us that could worked it out and thought **** IT are classed as failures.
So bobthedog
You have thrown stones in a glass house and have twisted a situation not very successfully.
We all Know that the Trucking industry watch these web sites because they have had so much bad news from Very unhappy drivers and muppets make fun of them as Failures.Troll Trawl and Troll as much as you like son i dont give a monkeys.
you are successful well may be i am, may be i am not.I have 4 children one in university another one that wants to be a Dr I have 2 cars "Paid for" a Farm house in the south of France[paid for] and one in England "with a drive".
How does any one describe success...As a long haul truck driver North America.
It is So$$$$$$so Costly to make a move there £20.000 minimum for a family of 4..
I did not use the Words "Not Hones" you did.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gremmie
You refer to companies plural, how many did you work for, and how long did you actually live here.????
So if you have as you say such a wonderful job and life why did you attempt to leave in the first place
I have worked for 3 different company's Gremmie and the bigger the company, the worse they are towards the drivers.and yes i think collectively the trucking industry is Dubious to say the least.and operates as a Monopoly against the Drivers.
and you said.
if you have as you say such a wonderful job and life why did you attempt to leave in the first place.
Well Gremmie i thought i had done all i could where i lived and try some thing new.
But Canada is a Money Drain ...That simple..The western world is becoming an asset stripper but thats another subject.
And in my time there in Canada and the US i have talked to so many dissatisfied drivers.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

For those of you who cant understand This outburst The Drivers Log Book is the North American Answer to "Legal Entrapment".
Every driver has to write down Daily Logs and basically its a Book of lies, that encourages drivers into deception against the DOT.its a game of Catch me out if you can! the Canadian government See's this as Honesty!!!!! you can drive 15 hours a day just so long as you dont exceed 1150 klm's and the Department of transport Know it is abused "Full Stop"
So if you spend a day Loading And another day Unloading and another day waiting for a reload before you Know it you have worked nearly 3 days Virtually for free because contrary to what ever these people on this blog say....You Only get paid for miles you drive...If you get a DOT inspection the fines are MEGA BUCK'S...nearly $2000 for working over your 14 Hours a day US you can drive only 11 hrs US if you get an infringment MEGA BUCK'S Fine..
This is One of the reason's you can not earn Good money..And it make's some drivers that stuck it out "Bitter" and us that could worked it out and thought **** IT are classed as failures.
So bobthedog
You have thrown stones in a glass house and have twisted a situation not very successfully.
We all Know that the Trucking industry watch these web sites because they have had so much bad news from Very unhappy drivers and muppets make fun of them as Failures.Troll Trawl and Troll as much as you like son i dont give a monkeys.
you are successful well may be i am, may be i am not.I have 4 children one in university another one that wants to be a Dr I have 2 cars "Paid for" a Farm house in the south of France[paid for] and one in England "with a drive".
How does any one describe success...As a long haul truck driver North America.
It is So$$$$$$so Costly to make a move there £20.000 minimum for a family of 4..
I did not use the Words "Not Hones" you did.
I have never read so much BS in one post as this.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.