Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

H and R TRANSPORT ANYONE KNOW IT

H and R TRANSPORT ANYONE KNOW IT

Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

ejbsom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H and R TRANSPORT ANYONE KNOW IT

my husband has an interview with H and R transport in september, they are based in lethridge. anyone work for them or have worked for them with any USEFUL information. been reading the wages for truckers forum and getting disheartend listening to all the negativity about going to canada in general. so its not really canada i want info on, its the company. so please anyone, drivers or partners with info all much appreciated
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future
Default Re: H and R TRANSPORT ANYONE KNOW IT

Originally Posted by ejbsom
my husband has an interview with H and R transport in september, they are based in lethridge. anyone work for them or have worked for them with any USEFUL information. been reading the wages for truckers forum and getting disheartend listening to all the negativity about going to canada in general. so its not really canada i want info on, its the company. so please anyone, drivers or partners with info all much appreciated
Like I've said before, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not let this website put you off. I have been to Canada and seen Siemens, Yanke and Westcan and I am happy to say that it totally different to what you read on here. Alot of info comes fom people who have never been to Canada - at least your like me and going over to see it with your own eyes!!

You can contact Lyndon001 as I know he is joining H&R Transport in the next couple of months - I think he has a blog.

Well anyway, take care

Karla x x xx
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

lyndon001 where are you. need your help. been told to get hold of you regarding H and R transport. told you have a blog but dont know how to find you on that.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

lyndon001 where are you. need your help. been told to get hold of you regarding H and R transport. told you have a blog but dont know how to find you on that.
You Nutter

Go to "SEARCH" and click on "SHOW POSTS" and type in Lyndon001 and it will bring up his posts.

Ok.

Karla x x x x
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

http://lyndon001.blogspot.com/

Here is his blog - I thought it may be faster if I do it

Take Care, Karla x x x
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:20 am
Just Joined

jmmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright Chick,

My brother works for them and he loves it. He's been there for 2 years and he would never go back to the UK. The money he takes home is alright too. I work for Yanke and I really like it - the money is great and my wife is settled and really happy. She is great friends with Karla03 - top lass.

I know if you want any advice contact Karla as she came out in May and loved it.

Catch ya soon

Jimmy
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karla03
http://lyndon001.blogspot.com/

Here is his blog - I thought it may be faster if I do it

Take Care, Karla x x x
yes thanks karla. seen his blog its great ill show it to my husband as soon as he gets in. nice to know that not everyone is totally negative.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jmmy
Alright Chick,

My brother works for them and he loves it. He's been there for 2 years and he would never go back to the UK. The money he takes home is alright too. I work for Yanke and I really like it - the money is great and my wife is settled and really happy. She is great friends with Karla03 - top lass.

I know if you want any advice contact Karla as she came out in May and loved it.

Catch ya soon

Jimmy
would the money he takes home support a family of 5 and what money do you need to take out there to start up. my husand was planning on going first to get the jist of it. look at me, he hasnt even had his interview yet. got it in september. really nice to hear that some one is there doing it and loving it. is money better at yanke. you say his money is ok but you say your money is great. do any of you have kids. how they doing
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

jmmy is an unknown quantity at this point

would the money he takes home support a family of 5 and what money do you need to take out there to start up. my husand was planning on going first to get the jist of it. look at me, he hasnt even had his interview yet. got it in september. really nice to hear that some one is there doing it and loving it. is money better at yanke. you say his money is ok but you say your money is great. do any of you have kids. how they doing
Alright Again,

My kids are fine thanks, they are really happy in Saskatoon and they never want to come back to the uk. I have 2 boys Tyler is 12 and Liam is 10 and they both really enjoy school. Tyler is on the swimming team and Liam plays soccer.

My wife Michelle does not need to work as we live really well off my wage. We have a 5 bedroomed home and 2 cars. We now have a holiday every year and we don't srimp and scrap like we use to in the UK.

My brother has 2 children, well 16 year old twins and he lives well. He doesn't work away from home as much as me, but thats up to him - Michelle likes me being away for 10 days or more as shes always been use to it.

We would never change a thing about moving to Canada as looking back we were worst off in the UK. We came here with £10,000 and a container full of stuff as it would have been more expensive to buy new, plus my wife had half the container for her bloody shoes.

Anyway, Good Luck with Canada and contact me if you need any info. I know Karla has things on her computer about the wages for Yanke - so contact her about wages. I come home with an average of $1980 every fornight.

Jimmy
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmmy
Alright Again,

My kids are fine thanks, they are really happy in Saskatoon and they never want to come back to the uk. I have 2 boys Tyler is 12 and Liam is 10 and they both really enjoy school. Tyler is on the swimming team and Liam plays soccer.

My wife Michelle does not need to work as we live really well off my wage. We have a 5 bedroomed home and 2 cars. We now have a holiday every year and we don't srimp and scrap like we use to in the UK.

My brother has 2 children, well 16 year old twins and he lives well. He doesn't work away from home as much as me, but thats up to him - Michelle likes me being away for 10 days or more as shes always been use to it.

We would never change a thing about moving to Canada as looking back we were worst off in the UK. We came here with £10,000 and a container full of stuff as it would have been more expensive to buy new, plus my wife had half the container for her bloody shoes.

Anyway, Good Luck with Canada and contact me if you need any info. I know Karla has things on her computer about the wages for Yanke - so contact her about wages. I come home with an average of $1980 every fornight.

Jimmy
They do live well and their house is well .....................BIG

If you pass me your email address I will forward on a copy of a drivers wage which was taken over a period of 6 months. Jimmy and Michelle are really nice people and I know he likes working for Yanke. He worked for Eddie Stobarts before moving to Canada.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 12:39 am
Just Joined

June67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ejbsom Have been in canada since may 2005 and got residency in july
2006 Am a team driver with my partner running us and canada with siemens group out of saskatoon. now live in new brunswick. Have never heard anything bad about h & r but reefer (fridge) work out here can be a real pain in the bum especially if you have to cross to and fro with the us. Best thing to do out here is van work. Wouldn't touch flat deck work either. when it is -45 in the winter the last thing anyone wants to do is strap and sheet a flat deck trailer escpecially if they like their fingers!!!
Siemens were the best of a bad bunch. the thing to do when you come out here is only believe 10% of what you are told. The recruiters for these companies are really friendly and nice but that is their job so don't get sucked in. We stuck it out and got our residency but quit as soon as we got it. Lethbridge is in the Alberta prairies so don't imagine mountains you have to drive a couple of hour to see them. The praires are freezing in winter to temps you would not imagine, this time of year is tornado season (yes they get them in canada) summer is really hot and with the fields of canola and grain it can cause havock with allergies - all the prarie towns are really dusty.
Alberta is also one of the more expensive provinces to live regarding house prices, car insurance etc so research it well and don't just use information from the company you interview with remember they are trying to get you here. hope this little bit helped. good luck!! It's worth it in the end!!!
Old Jun 8th 2007, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Go to www.trucknetuk.com and go to the forums and click on the "ex-pats" button.Look for posts or threads by "Vastlyexp" as he has been over there with H+R (called hit+run by the comedians) for quite awhile now.
They seem to have quite steady runs to California and back probably with hanging beef and their trucks are all brand new or very late models.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:17 am
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future
Default Hello everybody

My ears have been burning for the last few days so i thought i would go searching to see who was talking about me.

Hope everyone is well and first of all i would like to offer some advice for anyone who is even thinking of considering moving to Canada. Go into an establishment called "Tim Hortons", and ask them to sell you an item called a "Boston Cream Dohnut"

I notice a couple of people have been trying to contact me, first of all i am no immigration expert and all my info has been reaped from the internet over many, many hours. By asking a lot of people a lot of questions and by going over there and digging through all the B**l-S***t. Believe i or not there are a lot of people on both sides of the pond who are either trying to sell you a product or a service and not all of it is worth the money.

If any one would like to share findings and experiences then i would love to help (and be helped) so far we have found the whole thing to be easy, fun and enjoyable. Bear in mind i am an easy going, positive kinda guy with a really supportive family who share the dream, so i may be seeing this through rose tinted specs. Also please note the absence of the word "EASY" in this paragraph.

2 examples of "things learnt" are as follows.

Did you know that if you go over for a visit, if you keep all your flight details and hotel reciepts, you can claim back GST on your accomodation bills, i didnt but i do now.

If you are coming over as a driver, most mortgage lenders (in my humble experience) would be looking for a 25% deposit especially while on Temp Permit for 2 reasons. There are are a lot of applicants who go back to UK, and as a driver you are paid by the mile so you have no guarranteed salary, you are treated like a commission paid sales person.

Anyway this posting is getting way too long so if anyone needs help, wants to tell me im talking cr*p (explanations would be appreciated though) or would just like a chat or to bounce some ideas off me then post away, or PM me email me or connect on Yahoo and we can live chat.

I Would to the cheap self promotion thing of saying visit my blog at http://lyndon001.blogspot.com/ but that was done for me earlier in the thread. Thanx

Have a great weekend everyone

Lyndon
Old Jun 8th 2007, 12:01 pm
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Go to www.trucknetuk.com and go to the forums and click on the "ex-pats" button.Look for posts or threads by "Vastlyexp" as he has been over there with H+R (called hit+run by the comedians) for quite awhile now.
They seem to have quite steady runs to California and back probably with hanging beef and their trucks are all brand new or very late models.
Hi Big Truck

just a quick one about the meat loads, i am pretty sure that it is box packed and palletised, got that from one of the drivers.

Lyndon
Old Jun 9th 2007, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karla03
They do live well and their house is well .....................BIG

If you pass me your email address I will forward on a copy of a drivers wage which was taken over a period of 6 months. Jimmy and Michelle are really nice people and I know he likes working for Yanke. He worked for Eddie Stobarts before moving to Canada.
hi you mentioned me passing you my e mail address. seems really cheeky and nosey. not usually my thing but i guess these are unusual circumstances

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.