H & R Transport

Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future
Default Re: H & R Transport

Originally Posted by Steve_P
$830 per week times 4 weeks per month only comes to $3320 gross, so I'm not entirely sure how you are getting it to $4000 after taxes (net).
I mean $830 a week take home after taxes, so this should be around $4000 a month or around a $1000 a week gross wouldnt you say, i am not to sure of what the taxes are so really only guessing Steve.

LOAFY...
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:25 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by loafy
I mean $830 a week take home after taxes, so this should be around $4000 a month or around a $1000 a week gross wouldnt you say, i am not to sure of what the taxes are so really only guessing Steve.

LOAFY...
Aahh that makes a little more sense.

A good yardstick for total deductions taxes, unemployment insurance, Canada Pension Plan, Health care deductions etc is to take about 30%-33% off the gross amount.

So with a gross of $4000, take home would be closer to $2700 per month or $675 per week.

Cheers
Steve
Old Jul 31st 2007, 4:09 am
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future
Default Reality Check

Okay i apologise for interupting the speculating with a few real hard facts, if anyones interested, here's how the first day went.
  • Had breakfast (scrambled eggs on toasted sour dough)
  • Met with Transport Director in Hotel Lobby.
  • Went to head office to fill in forms.
  • Went to hospital to be drug tested (taking the P155)
  • Did Truck licence medical & eye sight test.
  • Obtained SIN number.
  • Visited the bank
  • Got stood down
  • Bought 2x beds, 2x sofas, washer & dryer and a dining table.
  • Ate KFC bargain bucket with side of gravy.
  • Drank 2x cans of Molson (335 ml )
  • Wrote this
All in all a good day !!!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Reality Check

Originally Posted by Lyndon001
Okay i apologise for interupting the speculating with a few real hard facts, if anyones interested, here's how the first day went.
  • Had breakfast (scrambled eggs on toasted sour dough)
  • Met with Transport Director in Hotel Lobby.
  • Went to head office to fill in forms.
  • Went to hospital to be drug tested (taking the P155)
  • Did Truck licence medical & eye sight test.
  • Obtained SIN number.
  • Visited the bank
  • Got stood down
  • Bought 2x beds, 2x sofas, washer & dryer and a dining table.
  • Ate KFC bargain bucket with side of gravy.
  • Drank 2x cans of Molson (335 ml )
  • Wrote this
All in all a good day !!!
Hi Lyndon,
Just got home from work and a quick look on here. Sounds ok so far nice and easy going, by the way what the hell is stood down thats a new one on me mate.
Hows the jet lag going going gone or not.
Hows the family doing as well i bet they are as excited as you lol.
As for this thread being for H&R i would see if you can delete some of the non oh it has gone off subject stuff. But of course keep the meaty stuff.
keep it coming mate and have fun out there.
Speak to you soon.

LOAFY...
Old Jul 31st 2007, 6:07 am
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future

Hi Iain

Stood down is a military slang, its the same as knocking off, chipping or clocking out. Finishing ones work for the day, can be applied to every day except for friday when the official term is "POETS" day, Piss Off Early Tomorrows Saturday.

As for the doom sayers, they may be right or they may be wrong, they may be justified or they may just be whinging failures that are trying to find a scapegoat for their own failings in life, who knows, and its not for me to judge.

What i will say is that my eyes and ears are open but my bullshit filters are on standby, as is normal.

What i will say to anyone who reads my ramblings either here or on my blog is that i try not to assume, i just report facts.

And also remember, Lyndon's glass is always half full, never half empty, believe and it will happen.

Lyndon

EDIT: found the cure for jet lag, is called Molson and it comes in a can.

2nd EDIT: Doom sayers have their place in this thread too, i just wish they would speak from experience instead of just quoing what a friend of theirs thought they heared.

Live it before you criticize it

Last edited by Lyndon001; Jul 31st 2007 at 6:19 am.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

"Doomsayer" or not I'm quoting from not one but Two H+R drivers who have
been over there "on the job" for slightly more than a couple of days!!!
Do you think $830 take home/week is decent money for working 13 hours/day for several days at a time and away from the family?!!!!!!
Have you enquired with the "transport director" if its true that 35 European drivers have left H+R and went to "CANEX" in the last two months or are these guy's just talking out their arse's for the fun of it?
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Iain

Stood down is a military slang, its the same as knocking off, chipping or clocking out. Finishing ones work for the day, can be applied to every day except for friday when the official term is "POETS" day, Piss Off Early Tomorrows Saturday.
Ha Ha Civvies ....

Anyway dude....your not Lyndon from Swindon anymore...so change your location...you've earned it after all this time.

How bout Lyn from leth (not the femail type of Lyn...unless your ex REME)
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Ha Ha Civvies ....

Anyway dude....your not Lyndon from Swindon anymore...so change your location...you've earned it after all this time.

How bout Lyn from leth (not the femail type of Lyn...unless your ex REME)
Ah yes, well i wasn't thinking in millitary terms as i'm a truck driver but i spose once you have done your time its hard to leave the old ways behind.

Hey Davie where is Karla these days she dont come on here much now, gone awol i guess.

All the best.
LOAFY...
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

julieandchris will become famous soon enoughjulieandchris will become famous soon enough

Hi Lydon, if any of the whinging or failure is aimed at me, I dont think so! I am stating facts as we are still here and enjoying life,I have drove for 3 years out here, I was 1 of the 1st to come ,so yes I know a little of what I'm talking about. For the wages If you make $4000 a month your take home will be around $1400 a fortnight. As I have stated before I am not tryin to put anyone off but just trying to let them know that its not all roses out here whilst your waitin the 2 years for your landed status, I wish someone would have told me how it really was instead of the bullshit that the companys told us, I would have still came but perhaps a little more prepared.We have no intentions on goin back to the uk and have done very well out here property wise,making more in 1 year than we could have made in 10 in the uk.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

mickp is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah yes, well i wasn't thinking in millitary terms as i'm a truck driver but i spose once you have done your time its hard to leave the old ways behind.

Hey Davie where is Karla these days she dont come on here much now, gone awol i guess.

All the best.
LOAFY...
an old mate of mine ex commando asked if I fancied a run ashore (meaning a pint) we we're in the middle of germany at the time
Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by julieandchris
Hi Lydon, if any of the whinging or failure is aimed at me, I dont think so! I am stating facts as we are still here and enjoying life,I have drove for 3 years out here, I was 1 of the 1st to come ,so yes I know a little of what I'm talking about. For the wages If you make $4000 a month your take home will be around $1400 a fortnight. As I have stated before I am not tryin to put anyone off but just trying to let them know that its not all roses out here whilst your waitin the 2 years for your landed status, I wish someone would have told me how it really was instead of the bullshit that the companys told us, I would have still came but perhaps a little more prepared.We have no intentions on goin back to the uk and have done very well out here property wise,making more in 1 year than we could have made in 10 in the uk.
Hi julieandchris,
I dont think Lyndon was meaning anyone in particular just ramdomly saying that yes people do fail for whatever reasons and yes i think some of the firms should say how it is for real but like you say and me myself you have to put some effort in to get something back, those who go thinking it will be a breeze should think again, I know you have been out there a long time and have had your probs but you worked thru them and made your dream come true no.
Lets face it if i got paid £415 pound a week take home to drive down the highway and deliver a load and see everything on the way its a bonus, you definitely wont get that in the UK. Plus the average trucker in the UK is only taking home between £21k and £26k per annum so if your going for the money which is half the arguements on here as most agree to disagree on that one i would stay here if i was them.
I have said in another thread that this type of work is not a career its a vocation in life, you like it or you dont.

LOAFY...
Old Jul 31st 2007, 3:00 pm
Banned

Wink Re: H & R Transport

Originally Posted by julieandchris
hmmm

i highlighted some bits from your quote so im not really sure why you thought my litle rant was aimed at you, actually its people like you that i want to talk to and to get on this thread. It looks as though you have done what i am trying to do.

I know i have just got over here and i know ive just started with the company but what i am looking for is answers. i know a lot of people are unhappy over here, it wasnt what they expected or they got stitched up.

i think i am pretty level headed about this and it has been thought thru pretty well but all the same a few things have still surprised me.

What i intend to do is go thru the training and get on the road and at the same time keep a record on here and on my blog about whats really happening in real time, also answering questions along the way as we go. That way there will be a place for people to read about cold hard facts. (as i see them anyways

Hope this will help.

Lyndon

EDIT: Thanks Davie_Mac, location changed, Lyndon from Lethbridge it is.

EDIT part deux: I know Iain i just realised, looks like we are cross posting

Last edited by Lyndon001; Jul 31st 2007 at 3:14 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mickp
an old mate of mine ex commando asked if I fancied a run ashore (meaning a pint) we we're in the middle of germany at the time
oh dear, thats life eh loads of meanings but not everyone knows them and can be found as strange to some, there are lots of them like that in Wales i'll tell ya.

LOAFY...
Old Jul 31st 2007, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

hmmm

i highlighted some bits from your quote so im not really sure why you thought my litle rant was aimed at you, actually its people like you that i want to talk to and to get on this thread. It looks as though you have done what i am trying to do.

I know i have just got over here and i know ive just started with the company but what i am looking for is answers. i know a lot of people are unhappy over here, it wasnt what they expected or they got stitched up.

i think i am pretty level headed about this and it has been thought thru pretty well but all the same a few things have still surprised me.

What i intend to do is go thru the training and get on the road and at the same time keep a record on here and on my blog about whats really happening in real time, also answering questions along the way as we go. That way there will be a place for people to read about cold hard facts. (as i see them anyways

Hope this will help.

Lyndon

EDIT: Thanks Iain, location changed, Lyndon from Lethbridge it is.
It wasn't me i didn't do it, not guilty. It was Davie mac.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

mickp is an unknown quantity at this point

oh dear, thats life eh loads of meanings but not everyone knows them and can be found as strange to some, there are lots of them like that in Wales i'll tell ya.

LOAFY...
just side tracking abit from this last time Iwas over canada (the hat forces 76) to simplify what a geordie was I told them Iwas english but spoke scottish they called me a half breed
been called worse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.