Gears/transmissions

Old Jan 10th 2012, 8:33 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of
Default Gears/transmissions

hello fellas,
can you please let me know what is the standard transmissions on Freighliners. In the land of the auto box, i presume that the lorries are still fitted with manual high low splitter boxes? Just out of interest, do you have lorries with auto boxes? Thanks fletch.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gears/transmissions

13 spd eaton/fuller,,my mate that was at Bison drove an auto freightshaker wi the shifter on the wheel, was like a paddle.
Also volvo have i shift over here.
jimmy
Old Jan 11th 2012, 5:42 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Thanks Jimmy, just found out this evening that they have some Allison auto shifters in them, should be very interesting using them in the Ice and Snow! I presume that the majority are manuals then. Thanks for taking the time to reply. fletch.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if its still law that you have to take driving test on a truck wi a manual constant mesh gearbox.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 7:32 pm
Banned

I have never seen an autobox wagon before, wouldn't have a clue what they are like to drive. I just thought that if they exist, it could only happen in north america. I wasn't wrong!

By the way I hope to come over to work for canyon, it seems the job involves 15% driving and the rest is rigging and fieldwork. Can't see many drivers wanting to do that, they seem to have a great induction and arrival package though, the pay seems pretty good too. Have you had any dealings, not sure what rigging and fieldwork means? Presume it is setting up the gas rigs and bulldozing the site.

Thanks again jimmy. fletch.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

got an incling you are not far wrong.........me i was on the rd 2.5yrs and now redimix and quarry hauling.
jimmy.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

heydon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fletcher m
I have never seen an autobox wagon before, wouldn't have a clue what they are like to drive. I just thought that if they exist, it could only happen in north america. I wasn't wrong!

By the way I hope to come over to work for canyon, it seems the job involves 15% driving and the rest is rigging and fieldwork. Can't see many drivers wanting to do that, they seem to have a great induction and arrival package though, the pay seems pretty good too. Have you had any dealings, not sure what rigging and fieldwork means? Presume it is setting up the gas rigs and bulldozing the site.

Thanks again jimmy. fletch.
yeah thats basically what it is they want you to turn up on site with the truck and trailer then give the crews a hand to set up the site should be fun didnt andy show you the video slide when you had your interview. Im the in same boat as you just waiting on canyon sorting out there lmo problems before they send their job offers out i had an email off somebody whos brother went out and worked for them and he couldnt praise them enough saying they were good to work for and they had looked after his brother and still do. So it will be interesting to see what happens next
Old Jan 11th 2012, 8:24 pm
Banned

I don't have an interview yet, i have the application and I am doing my homework to make sure the company is ok and the job is what is expected, i want no nasty surprises and that I qualify for PR through PNP and it will end up with PR in the end. The only thing I want to find out now is the price of accn near work for when I am off duty and the conditions in the winter (Cold, very f88king cold or brass monkeys!) and the mozzies in the summer, i get chewed here in uk by the midges and mozzies - will i be walking around in a see through mozzie burkha!

I am not put off yet....fletch
Old Jan 11th 2012, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

I don't have an interview yet, i have the application and I am doing my homework to make sure the company is ok and the job is what is expected, i want no nasty surprises and that I qualify for PR through PNP and it will end up with PR in the end. The only thing I want to find out now is the price of accn near work for when I am off duty and the conditions in the winter (Cold, very f88king cold or brass monkeys!) and the mozzies in the summer, i get chewed here in uk by the midges and mozzies - will i be walking around in a see through mozzie burkha!

I am not put off yet....fletch
the 15 on and 6 off are not out on the site for 15 days at a time you have to be prepared to be away for that amount of time and will need your own accommodation but canyon will sort that out for you before you arrive you can rent a room for a couple of hundred dollars a month or some apartments start from about 600 dollars for a 1 bedroom with some bills paid for you might have to pay electricity . when i had the interview canyon said that they would sort it all out i just have to tell them what accommodation i want good place to start looking at property is to put rental properties in Alberta into a search engine and have a look around. Canyon are only based out of 5 locations so you should look at rental properties around those places you can also wiki the locations and find out a bit more about the places where they are based out of and what is there for families if you have 1 that is you can then make a decision on which deport to work out of
Old Jan 11th 2012, 9:15 pm
Banned

How long before you got an interview?

I need to check with a previous employer (parcel force) that they will give me a reference and statement of service for PNP.

Are you all sorted with this stuff and do you have the high school diploma? I see you can do an equivelent in canada if you do not.

My cpc and forklift are now out of date, do you need HIAB?

fletch
Old Jan 11th 2012, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

How long before you got an interview?

I need to check with a previous employer (parcel force) that they will give me a reference and statement of service for PNP.

Are you all sorted with this stuff and do you have the high school diploma? I see you can do an equivelent in canada if you do not.

My cpc and forklift are now out of date, do you need HIAB?

fletch
they dont recognize the cpc or the the fork lift qualification you have over here as they have their own rules and regs you have to do there version of the hgv driving test and an air break course before you can drive the trucks they didnt ask me about having a high school diploma i assumed it was their version of gcses but i have done a similar job when i was in the forces so that might of counted for something and with regards to the pnp you can apply as soon as you get out there most people wait a few months tho to see what its like and weather they can make it work but if you look at some of the threads on this site there are some questions and answers about permanent residency and the only way to make sure its what you want is to keep on researching and looking in to it i spent about 2 months looking at diffrent places canyon worked out of what they had to offer a single/family man the cost of living ie accomodtion car insurance some bills how much i could roughly expect to earn a month and after paying out for rent, food and bills would i have enough to live on and as long as i dont go spending it all on crap and can save as much of it as i can i should be ok if you want anymotre info let me know and i`ll reply soon as i can
Old Jan 12th 2012, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

what they want is some sort of proof that you went to school...
i emailed my old school and got them to look at the records ....and low and behold i got a letter saying i left school in 76 with so many o levels(scotland).
sent it in way my pnp/pr applications.
jimmy.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Depends what province you go to, regarding high school diploma.

If you're going to be working for Canyon, in Alberta, then you better make sure you have proof of 5/6 GCSE's grade A-D or CSE 1 -4. It was posted here a while back that someone was rejected simply because they couldnt meet that requirement.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 5:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Depends what province you go to, regarding high school diploma.

If you're going to be working for Canyon, in Alberta, then you better make sure you have proof of 5/6 GCSE's grade A-D or CSE 1 -4. It was posted here a while back that someone was rejected simply because they couldnt meet that requirement.
I thought you could do the equivalent in canada, five exams over an evening and the next morning. Jobs a good'n. Maths, Science, Reading, English and social something, Jimmy gave me the link, looks ok.
I'll find the link and paste it in. fletch

http://education.alberta.ca/students...ernative2.aspx

Last edited by fletcher m; Jan 12th 2012 at 5:57 pm. Reason: paste.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

I thought you could do the equivalent in canada, five exams over an evening and the next morning. Jobs a good'n. Maths, Science, Reading, English and social something, Jimmy gave me the link, looks ok.
I'll find the link and paste it in. fletch

http://education.alberta.ca/students...ernative2.aspx
yeah, you can indeed - just incase people arnt aware.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.