Driving jobs in Canada

Old May 22nd 2009, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

spockil is on a distinguished road
Default jobs in canada

iv just seen that yanke are looking for 30 team truck drivers....
Old May 22nd 2009, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: jobs in canada

Originally Posted by spockil

Old May 23rd 2009, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: jobs in canada

Gotta agree with Gremmie on this one.

I contacted Yanke & was told 2 years team then an option for single. I must admit their package looks good if you stay with the company. But I detest team driving & said so, bad enough for a week, let alone 2 years!!!!

The recruiter I dealt with said there is no option for single man driving before 2 years.

I remember doing double man to Gibraltar from Swindon.... Purgatory, then you've got to come back. Even worse. Yanke give you a number of expected journey times in their info pack, take a LONG REALISTIC look. 2 years of that & you'll be in the allotment.

Last edited by alandoug; May 23rd 2009 at 8:37 am.
Old May 24th 2009, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Driving jobs in Canada

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Is it similar to Fort Whiterock in west Belfast...
Ah! The joys
This was the best place for fitness trg - if you ran to slow some bugger lobbed a brick over the wall so you had to run fast

However Yanke told me last month they were not looking for drivers (not that I want team work) So a bit surprised by this announcement! Can you confirm were and how recent this info is Spockil mate? if you dont mind and is this a sign that there is a bit of a up beat in the job market. It was said that the worse of the recession would start to turn around Aug Sept this year in a number of countries and Canada was one of them?
Old May 24th 2009, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dinger24
Ah! The joys
This was the best place for fitness trg
Not forgetting the fitness at the "Mill" where you had to climb 3 or 4 high bunk beds to get to your pit...
Old May 25th 2009, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Ah! The joys
This was the best place for fitness trg - if you ran to slow some bugger lobbed a brick over the wall so you had to run fast

However Yanke told me last month they were not looking for drivers (not that I want team work) So a bit surprised by this announcement! Can you confirm were and how recent this info is Spockil mate? if you dont mind and is this a sign that there is a bit of a up beat in the job market. It was said that the worse of the recession would start to turn around Aug Sept this year in a number of countries and Canada was one of them?
well i ssen it advertised on saskjobs posted on 22/5/09.
maybe they are trying to hire people in canada.
Old May 26th 2009, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

well i ssen it advertised on saskjobs posted on 22/5/09.
maybe they are trying to hire people in canada.
I think they are struggling to get LMOs. Plus, I don't suppose many of us stick the 2 year stint of double manning. I would imagine some strokes have been pulled in the past.
Old May 27th 2009, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

I wasnt doubting you spockil I was just curious to what they told me. The rumour is there are a lot of Canadian drivers looking for jobs as well, they will not issue LMO to us if there are Canadians willing to drive!
Old May 27th 2009, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

I wasnt doubting you spockil I was just curious to what they told me. The rumour is there are a lot of Canadian drivers looking for jobs as well, they will not issue LMO to us if there are Canadians willing to drive!
Most companies advertise 24/7, and not just for immigrant drivers it is also a requirement for LMO acceptence tho
Old May 27th 2009, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes I realise this what I meant was that if there are Canadians applying for a job then they will not be able to issue an LMO
Old May 27th 2009, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I realise this what I meant was that if there are Canadians applying for a job then they will not be able to issue an LMO
yea they have to advertise the job for 2 weeks before they can get an lmo and then they have to advertise again before they offer a full time job.
but if they are advertising then it may be a sign of things slowly picking up.
Old May 27th 2009, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well hope fully, there is nothing decent in the UK or at least in Scotland, I might have to take a bit of work on here in the UK when I am waiting for some sort of job offer from Canada, and it is looking pretty sparse up here!
Old May 28th 2009, 7:44 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Well hope fully, there is nothing decent in the UK or at least in Scotland, I might have to take a bit of work on here in the UK when I am waiting for some sort of job offer from Canada, and it is looking pretty sparse up here!
I thought Loch Ness was quite nice.
Old May 28th 2009, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes its lovely, but your English so you cannie even pronounce it!
Old May 28th 2009, 4:20 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Yes its lovely, but your English so you cannie even pronounce it!
I can pronounce it perfectly, anytime I've got the flu.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.