British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   CE to AZ Conversion (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/ce-az-conversion-888521/)

alanvdh Dec 6th 2016 10:06 am

CE to AZ Conversion

Hi Guys,
I have a CE licence and have been offered a long haul position in Canada providing I obtain the AZ licence. I realise I would have to get the Air Brake Endorsement. What is confusing is that provinces have different requirements and was wondering if I can just get my licence converted in any of the provinces to 1A and go from there?
Any input would be appreciated,
Cheers

mikelincs Dec 6th 2016 10:33 am

Re: CE to AZ Conversion

Originally Posted by alanvdh (Post 12122633)
Hi Guys,
I have a CE licence and have been offered a long haul position in Canada providing I obtain the AZ licence. I realise I would have to get the Air Brake Endorsement. What is confusing is that provinces have different requirements and was wondering if I can just get my licence converted in any of the provinces to 1A and go from there?
Cheers

Is the company in a position to offer LMIA so you can actually get a visa, being offered a job without getting an LMIA will NOT get you a visa. Please check carefully before making any concrete moves to get any new quaifications.

alanvdh Dec 6th 2016 10:40 am

Hi, I don't need an LMIA as I'm a Canadian citizen. I was born in Canada but left at the age of 3. So although Canadian, it's all new to me. I have dual citizenship. Canadian / Belgian. Lived most of my life in South Africa.

mikelincs Dec 6th 2016 11:01 am

Originally Posted by alanvdh (Post 12122650)
Hi, I don't need an LMIA as I'm a Canadian citizen. I was born in Canada but left at the age of 3. So although Canadian, it's all new to me. I have dual citizenship. Canadian / Belgian. Lived most of my life in South Africa.

Sorry, but as you didn't provide that info in your first post I, like most, would have had to assume you were a Brit as the vast majority posting on here are given the site title.
Not sure about the conversion of your license.

alanvdh Dec 6th 2016 11:05 am

Hey, no problem. I'm a little in the dark as far as my next step is concerned. I live in the UK but considering a move to Canada.

neilg14 Dec 6th 2016 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by alanvdh (Post 12122633)
Hi Guys,
Cheers

In every Province, you have to re-take your test and brake test like you said.
Only a UK car licence can be exchanged.

spoilt1033 Feb 20th 2017 10:14 am

HI. If you have HGV class 1 licence, you can exchange it for a class 5 Canadian licence. You would have to pay or find a company that will put you through it (depending on where you live) and do your class 1 and airbrakes (a) before you can take to the road. Hope this helps.