Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Car Hire and local weather pls

Car Hire and local weather pls

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Hire and local weather pls

Originally Posted by dinger24
Cant believe you had a smash and didnt get pics!
Thats just not cricket old bean!
bet they loved you at the car rental place,, turning up with a wreck,,all that extra paper work
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Ha ha I can just picture him turning up and handing the keys over and the steering wheel
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha I can just picture him turning up and handing the keys over and the steering wheel
the next time he comes over he will probably hand back a truck wheel
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Do you mean his truck wheel or just some random truck drivers parked into the side of a hired car!
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Do you mean his truck wheel or just some random truck drivers parked into the side of a hired car!
Dont suppose H&R would mind to much ,if he only came home with the steerin wheel
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough

Cant believe you had a smash and didnt get pics!
Thats just not cricket old bean!
I was rear ended now that hurt lol still made the other blokes day when he realised I was english, can just imagine the fun his insurers will have with that!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scooby109
I was rear ended now that hurt lol still made the other blokes day when he realised I was english, can just imagine the fun his insurers will have with that!!!
so how did ya trip go apart from being banged up the arse
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am not coming over if the other drivers are keen to bang you up the arse!
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Gremmie
so how did ya trip go apart from being banged up the arse
Came home with 5 contracts, decided on 2 companies and yes they are part of the big 5, mostly coz they know the system and the others had no idea!! One wanted me to start work yesterday!!! eh doh what about the old class 1 and air brake I suggested.... they did not even know I had to convert or assumed I already had...

Anyway, 2 companies in 2 provinces, now it a matter of who gets the LMO and best start date for me, then off I go.

And yes they both know about the other.

Apart from the wreck, a bloody good trip, and something I would advise anyone, esp. a single chap to undertake. All companies were well impressed with the effort shown.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

Came home with 5 contracts, decided on 2 companies and yes they are part of the big 5, mostly coz they know the system and the others had no idea!! One wanted me to start work yesterday!!! eh doh what about the old class 1 and air brake I suggested.... they did not even know I had to convert or assumed I already had...

Anyway, 2 companies in 2 provinces, now it a matter of who gets the LMO and best start date for me, then off I go.

Apart from the wreck, a bloody good trip, and something I would advise anyone, esp. a single chap to undertake. All companies were well impressed with the effort shown.
oh and the car rental,,, errr lets just say they believe in cutting down the odd rain forest or 2 when it come to forms!!!!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

So H&R and Kindersley have offerd jobs,,who were the other 3 ???
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

So that's why he never turned up at my house And I thought you were supposed to have an interview with Westcan ? I asked Elaine and she had never heard of you or arranged an interview
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kb33
So that's why he never turned up at my house And I thought you were supposed to have an interview with Westcan ? I asked Elaine and she had never heard of you or arranged an interview
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

He was supposed to call round here last Thursday but never showed or Rang And he told me he had an interview with Westcan but they didn't know anything about it ...clear as mud ?
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kb33
He was supposed to call round here last Thursday but never showed or Rang And he told me he had an interview with Westcan but they didn't know anything about it ...clear as mud ?
Are BW and Scooby in cahootes together the plot thickens... Or did he go from toon town down to lethbrige,got thumped up the arse, and had no car to play with

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.