Canyon tech services

Old Jan 1st 2012, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

heydon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canyon tech services

Hi all just starting to get the hang of the site i have been offered a job with canyon tech services out of red deer and am just trying to find out if they are any good to work for so any info would be appreciated
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 10:46 am
Just Joined

NicholasC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canyon tech services

Hi Hayden, to give you some fedback on working for Canyon tech services you can put your mind at rest. They are an excellent company and I know this as my brother has joined them last year. They are really cool people and have looked fter him very well, plus now that he is hauling good tonnage he is making sensible money. So well done on the job and look him up when you are on site his name is Dave C (South African). Now maybe you can help me with some info. I and my family are intending to move from the UK to Canada and my brother has convinced me to also apply to join Canyon and like him this will be a career change for me. After talking to HR at Canyon my brother has told me to get my Class 1 equivelent (LGV C+E) and then I will get a job offer for permits etc. My question to you is, is this enough or do Canyon expect you to have your CPC as well and what is the process of converting your UK to Canada classification. Any info would be appreciated. Also if you are looking for accomodation have a look at Sylvan Lake, good prices for a nice area and only 20 mins from Red Deer. Hopefully that is reassuring about Canyon and all going well we should bump into one another soon.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

NicholasC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Hayden, to give you some fedback on working for Canyon tech services you can put your mind at rest. They are an excellent company and I know this as my brother has joined them last year. They are really cool people and have looked fter him very well, plus now that he is hauling good tonnage he is making sensible money. So well done on the job and look him up when you are on site his name is Dave C (South African). Now maybe you can help me with some info. I and my family are intending to move from the UK to Canada and my brother has convinced me to also apply to join Canyon and like him this will be a career change for me. After talking to HR at Canyon my brother has told me to get my Class 1 equivelent (LGV C+E) and then I will get a job offer for permits etc. My question to you is, is this enough or do Canyon expect you to have your CPC as well and what is the process of converting your UK to Canada classification. Any info would be appreciated. Also if you are looking for accomodation have a look at Sylvan Lake, good prices for a nice area and only 20 mins from Red Deer. Hopefully that is reassuring about Canyon and all going well we should bump into one another soon.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

heydon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NicholasC
Cheers for your reply nick ive been away all week and this is the first time i have had a chance to check my emails with regard to the class 1 do you hold a class 2 and if you do when did you pass your test for it as if you passed before a certain date you have grandfather rights but you still have to complete 35 hrs of it by 2014 the cpc is a total waste of money as it teaches you how to suck eggs and canada dont reconise it as they have different laws with regards to driving and working you can exchange your driving licence for a canadian car licence only its called flipping but you have to do their hgv course and a airbrake course as well if you want a bit more info msg me and i`ll try and help you out cheers