Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Canadian Log Books - Advice on their use and Completing

Canadian Log Books - Advice on their use and Completing

Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Log Books - Advice on their use and Completing

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
our QOL is great, so much to see and do around here, contrary to popular belief, i can earn a decent wage and get time to spend it.
brakes are no biggie, in reality you probably won't have to touch them yourself but if you do........ there's just one nut (no, not bt) tighten it all the way (clockwise) then slacken off half a turn.
You will need to learn how the airbrake system works but again, it's no biggie, the test is easy. In NS its 20 multiple choice questions and you have to get 16 right.
There are no stupid questions Billy.

Spot the mistake
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Gremmies back !! Have you got some typing to do !
Old Dec 8th 2007, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
Gremmies back !! Have you got some typing to do !
Dont tell me about it................ comming over to Calgary,shall do 3-4hrs today and the rest sunday... should be there late afternoon.... just in time for supper at your place
Old Dec 8th 2007, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Dont tell me about it................ comming over to Calgary,shall do 3-4hrs today and the rest sunday... should be there late afternoon.... just in time for supper at your place
Well you have my number and I'm back at work tommorrow so give me ring , Are you parking up at the Flying J at Barlow Trail ??
Old Dec 10th 2007, 2:26 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Spot the mistake
No mistake there mate, you tighten clockwise........... lefty loosey, righty tighty.
I wouldn't want to travel down the road in a truck that you adjusted the brakes on..........
Old Dec 10th 2007, 2:53 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Depends which make you have.
Some are backwards, like rockwell.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 1:43 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
Depends which make you have.
Some are backwards, like rockwell.
Never heard of Rockwell and never come across any brakes that needed adjusting anti-clockwise. Although the vast majority of brakes are adjusted clockwise, i concede that i haven't come across them all and that there might be some the other way round.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 4:23 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Never heard of Rockwell and never come across any brakes that needed adjusting anti-clockwise. Although the vast majority of brakes are adjusted clockwise, i concede that i haven't come across them all and that there might be some the other way round.
Most are ASAs anyway now, aren't they mate, so shouldn't need to be messed with.
Just thought that, after what Gremmie said, he might have learned on one of the other kind.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 11:15 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

Most are ASAs anyway now, aren't they mate, LMAO you haven't seen any of our trailers then...so shouldn't need to be messed with.
Just thought that, after what Gremmie said, he might have learned on one of the other kind. Probably, although it could just be Gremmie being backwards.......
Old Dec 15th 2007, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Most are ASAs anyway now, aren't they mate, LMAO you haven't seen any of our trailers then...so shouldn't need to be messed with.
Just thought that, after what Gremmie said, he might have learned on one of the other kind. Probably, although it could just be Gremmie being backwards.......
Oh you two clowns:curse::curse: OK brake adjusting for Real Estate Agents
Lesson 1, To say adjust CLOCKWISE is a bit silly,why???? Andie take a look at various tralors and notice the different methods of mounting the brake pods...!!!!
ie. on top of the axel facing forward,on top facing backward,slung inder the axel facing forward,slung under facing to the rear? now tell me which one's you do clockwise???????????????
You adjust the brakes so that the pushrod goes into the chamber not clock or anti clockwise as depending on how they are mounted differs.
As to Rockwell ASA's use screw driver to pull out the pin and turn the square nut Did i pass?????
Old Dec 15th 2007, 10:33 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

You passed with flying colours mate, although every trailer i have ever seen has the pods slung underneath facing forward........................................... ..........Who adjusts there brakes themselves anyway?
Old Dec 15th 2007, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

You passed with flying colours mate, although every trailer i have ever seen has the pods slung underneath facing forward........................................... ..........Who adjusts there brakes themselves anyway?
I DO
Old Dec 15th 2007, 7:12 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

I DO
I did once, i got my hands dirty so i don't do it anymore
Old Dec 16th 2007, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

RIGHT YOU SCROATS !!!!!!!!!!!

Uncle Dave says what the F**K has this all got to do wi completing log books.

From what I remember when I was a 16 yr old kid on a YTS I had to jack up the trailer tighten the nut on the slack adjuster till the wheel stopped spinning then losen until it just spun freely....is that correct or do you not jack it up anymore.???????

Apart from then and after 22yrs as an Army driver never bloody done it ever again...Did lose my brakes once coming into Hameln loaded with a Challanger 2 (75 ton) with a near on 90 degree turn at the traffic lights at the bottom of the hill......that was fun.............NOT. Bit of wee wee came out.

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Dec 16th 2007 at 10:26 pm.