Canada LMO'S

Old Feb 23rd 2015, 6:26 am
Just Joined

tombliboos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada LMO'S

Hi all,

Whats the situation on LMO'S/LMIA's in the Canadian trucking industry at the moment. Would preferably like Saskatchewan, although would be tempted elsewhere for the chance of PR. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 9:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada LMO'S

Not great, have a look at all of the threads about how LMIA's are pretty much non existent for truckers at the mo.

HTH.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Thanks
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Yes its all gone quiet regarding LMIAs.The only thing I could suggest is try contacting Bison ,I heard they were waiting on LMIAs ,they are in Winnipeg.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Cheers. I'm going to contact a few companies, see what i can find out. Thought i'd try here first see if anyone had any info. Probably a sign of the poor economic times to be fair.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tombliboos
Cheers. I'm going to contact a few companies, see what i can find out. Thought i'd try here first see if anyone had any info. Probably a sign of the poor economic times to be fair.
I just spoke with Bison,they have a "chat box" on their website and the recuiter told me they have no LMIAs available for 2015 and he is not sure about next year.There are still lots of truck driver jobs but very little LMIAs at the moment but things might change.Good luck.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

No economic concerns in Saskatchewan , unless you're involved with the oil industry . Predicted 5% growth for 2015 .
Try Seimens Group in Saskatoon , they run 7 trucking outfits , flats pikes oversize vans and more . Have a look on the Saskatchewan Trucking Assoc site .
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Glad to hear it. They are on my list of contacts. Thanks for the help
Old Feb 24th 2015, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Just out of interest, any company on the Siemens group to avoid?
Old Feb 24th 2015, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of interest, any company on the Siemens group to avoid?
Don't think so , depends whether you're okay with van work or would prefer decks . Financially sound group and all equipment is paid for .
Old Feb 24th 2015, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. I'm easy on what I do to be honest, although flatbeds is more interesting.
Old Feb 24th 2015, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Kiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of light

I ended up having a fairly constructive conversation with a recruiter who seemed to be reasonably well informed on the situation yesterday. She said that they were not able to get LMIAs at the moment but are awaiting things to change because companies are struggling to get staff apparently. She said that the employment minister has been replaced very recently and this may bring changes, I'm not up on Canadian politics but that checks out, the guy who replaced the LMO has been moved elsewhere. If that doesn't help there are always elections in October. Some companies have got LMIAs as they have advertised it (Transx for one) and some have applied on a one off basis and also got them.
Old Feb 25th 2015, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kiowan
I ended up having a fairly constructive conversation with a recruiter who seemed to be reasonably well informed on the situation yesterday. She said that they were not able to get LMIAs at the moment but are awaiting things to change because companies are struggling to get staff apparently. She said that the employment minister has been replaced very recently and this may bring changes, I'm not up on Canadian politics but that checks out, the guy who replaced the LMO has been moved elsewhere. If that doesn't help there are always elections in October. Some companies have got LMIAs as they have advertised it (Transx for one) and some have applied on a one off basis and also got them.
I think you just need to wait a little for things to change because as far as I can see 99% of Canadian trucking companies need drivers.It wasnt that long ago the trucking associations were telling the government of the impending driver shortage due to drivers retiring.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

you could try TAG logistics, they mainly recruit for Manitoulin, neil has contacted them before and recently i had dealings with them just after neil mentioned them. They kind of work like a driver agency once your here, they can place you where your experience is best used. As there may be a future chronic driver shortage i had a meeting with them just in case i have to use them.

TAG Logistics

They do use an immigration agency though.
Old Mar 16th 2015, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

Just found out H&R have LMIAs for drivers already in Canada and needing one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.