BTD and city driving?

Old Aug 30th 2011, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future
Default Re: BTD and city driving?

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Am a big Volvo fan myself,but the trucks you mention woudn't last long here,they'd be a pile of bits by the roadside in no time at all.
Why are the city/shorthaul roads that rough?

The Axors/FM's I drive have to stick serious use as they are on the go 24/7 364 days/year, not to mention a limited amount of motorway driving here in NI.
PLENTY of double drive versions of those trucks I mentioned on the waste ejector trailer work hauling 44t(not 84'000lbs!!!) into landfill sites and they are not a pile of bits by the side of the road!!

Those daycabbed city trucks with double drives, what a waste of weight/fuel use, stick a good set up tag axle on the back and that will do the job during the harsh winter months, save a packet on purchase price/fuel/tyres/service/tare weights.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
I just had to copy this quoter from the Blogger.. "The only person to have ever put their name to a negative comment was Mick Flynn, and i deleted these comments because i didn't want to be associated with his campaign against H&R"""

Wonder what would be said back here if you handed somebody the keys to that for their dayjob!!!!! probably Oh shit
Notice his timeline?

may 11 2011 rounded flag pole
july 19 2011 PR cards recieved
july 20 2011 finished at H&R

Mick the blogger is not one to burn his bridges and was very upset when I was critical of H&R, seeming to think it was a personal criticism of him when I asked for a warts and all blog post!
The reason he has packed in at H&R is explained on his posts.
Read between the lines on all blogs about H&R, it suits some and doesn't suit others.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mickfly
Read between the lines on all blogs about H&R, it suits some and doesn't suit others.
I would guess the ones that it doesn't suit are:

Those with a family.
Those who like the majority of resets at homebase.
Those who would like the odd set of days off to be at the weekend.
Those who do not want the "lifestyle" of lving in the truck the majority of the time.
Those who are forced to wait around all day for a load only to be given said load@ 11pm and being cajoled to use "creative logging" and drive all night to get back on the delivery schedule.:curse:
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickfly
Notice his timeline?

may 11 2011 rounded flag pole
july 19 2011 PR cards recieved
july 20 2011 finished at H&R

Mick the blogger is not one to burn his bridges and was very upset when I was critical of H&R, seeming to think it was a personal criticism of him when I asked for a warts and all blog post!
The reason he has packed in at H&R is explained on his posts.
Just think Mick if you had kept ya trap shut ,that could've been you with PR
Old Aug 30th 2011, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

You driving full time now for someone, Andy?
Old Aug 30th 2011, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
You driving full time now for someone, Andy?
More or less mate,
divide my time between Tesco via Jark agency and Sainsburys via Grafton.

Will also give Randstad agency a turn on DHL work,(TK Maxx stores) hourly rate not great(£8.50+OT) but £32.50 night out money with ALL parking paid should help.
Out on a late Sunday boat and back on an early Thur morning one will see you pull your card@ Thur lunchtime with £130 earned on nightout money alone!!!!!

Treat them mean to keep them keen!!!
Old Aug 30th 2011, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

So what happenend with the 45k a year four on four off job ?
You're really just an agency bum at the end of the day
Old Aug 30th 2011, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
Dam you beat me to it.... so all the big talk and stories was just the usual BT. BS
Old Aug 30th 2011, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Suspected that was the case for a few years , a lot of his arguments just don't add up , I mean why does he even bother to come on here ? Just another minimum wage trucker lol
Old Aug 31st 2011, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Well you see if I told you what was going into my bank from 31st March til 31st December this year it would scare the life out of you!!!!!!!

On 5th January 2012 I will collect £112k redundancy money and@46yrs of age my £75k mortgage will be cleared.
August 2015 I will get my £45k TAX FREE pension communtation plus approx £380/week AFTER TAX for the rest of my natural life from my public sector pension.

Ahh,
the UK is such a terrible place to live ain't it!!!!!!!!

Sure roughly £500 take home/week at the handy agency work ain't so bad is it?!!!!!
Old Aug 31st 2011, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Suspected that was the case for a few years , a lot of his arguments just don't add up , I mean why does he even bother to come on here ? Just another minimum wage trucker lol
£100 take home per 10hour shift is minimum wage?!!!!!!!
The DHL work will be two 15's plus a 13+10= 53 hoursx£8.50=£450.50+£130 night out=£580.50, is this minimum wage for approx FOUR days work?

How much is a shorthaul driver earning in Canada for a 10hour shift then?

CurtNI knows the craic you "knowalls" know sweet FA!!!!
Old Aug 31st 2011, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Not a bad wage packet at all ! lucky ******.

I've never seen a min wage class1 job advertised here, ever.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Not a bad wage packet at all ! lucky ******.

I've never seen a min wage class1 job advertised here, ever.
Exactly mate EXACTLY.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

2 things. First, you even hijacked your own thread!!

Second, 8.50 an hour is not that special. My base rate is $17 and time and a half after 9 hours. So us poorly paid, overworked NA drivers are earning more that you do then....
Old Aug 31st 2011, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Big Truck
£100 take home per 10hour shift is minimum wage?!!!!!!!
The DHL work will be two 15's plus a 13+10= 53 hoursx£8.50=£450.50+£130 night out=£580.50, is this minimum wage for approx FOUR days work?

How much is a shorthaul driver earning in Canada for a 10hour shift then?

CurtNI knows the craic you "knowalls" know sweet FA!!!!
Its like being able to read "Jackanory", its story time or "Sit down with Mother" any idiot can come on here and write down a list of fictitious
just as you have. Which I suppose means you are an idiot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.