Bison Transport

Old Dec 28th 2008, 6:44 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bison Transport

Originally Posted by kb33
From what I've been hearing back home your lucky to hold a job at all, never mind one that pays 450 a week.

Of course it could be a whole lot different in Hastings
yea. They have beaches.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by koogar
I probably got around $1400 every 2 weeks after tax when working in Canada. The longest I was out was 12 days. I didn't care if I ran during the day or at night though. I'd just take my 10 hours off (if in the states) and then set off again, even if it was 2 in the morning.
No idea if it's still the same these days though. Not been in Canada for over a year.
Transport is going over the cliff here... It dont make any difference what you do,,, bent / legal the rates are going down the pan.

as I stated 700 a week with minimal cost aint that bad as long as its spent in canada!!! If I had a house here to continue paying a mortage on I would be better off staying and going on the dole!!! and there is bugger all chance of that!!!

$35,000 a yr dont but much of a house unless you arrive with a a suitcase load does it!!!
Old Dec 28th 2008, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

If that's a dig a me ? Well I too could post pictures of past and present
"toys " Road Bikes/ Dirt Bikes/ Super fast cars I've had em all.

Soon as I read your first post on here I thought "This guy ain't cut out for Canada".

Until you have been over here and seen for yourself what its really like then you have really have no idea.
Point one: The bike photo was refering to "toys" & somewhat tongue in check.

Point two: The one step back, 2 forward was aimed at you, cos you put it that way to me.

Point three: You may well be right about Canada for me. Thats the whole idea of getting reaction on this forum? You're there & have made a success of it. Who better to ask?
You pick up that I'm lukewarm about the idea & you're right, hence my "devil's advocate" approach to the various threads.

Scooby109 is single. If it doesn't work out he has only himself to worry about. I think he'll do well, we've talked on the phone & he is very positive.
Well I'm married with NO plans for a divorce, if I do it then I've got to make sure it stacks up otherwise my wife & child will suffer. This is why I like to see the dark side as well as the good. Selling a house in UK now is a waste of time, so I'd have to use savings or borrow the money to finance Canada. Wouldn't you do the sums in these circumstances?
Old Dec 28th 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

[QUOTE=koogar;7104652]yea. They have beaches.[/QUOTE

I have one just down the road
Old Dec 28th 2008, 7:01 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kb33;7104681]
yea. They have beaches.[/QUOTE

Wish I did.
Not seen the sea since I was in California working for Kindersley.
I might have to try and talk the Mrs into living in Florida.
Again.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=kb33;7104681]
yea. They have beaches.[/QUOTE

So do I. It'd freeze the nuts off a brass monkey right now. But I suppose all that tropical Canadian weather makes yours so much better
Old Dec 28th 2008, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

[QUOTE=alandoug;7104687]

So do I. It'd freeze the nuts off a brass monkey right now. But I suppose all that tropical Canadian weather makes yours so much better
Who mentioned the sea ?

You see there you go again , Cant resist can you ? Until now you had everyone convinced (but me ) that you were serious about making the move to Canada.
Old Dec 28th 2008, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

scooby109 will become famous soon enoughscooby109 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=kb33;7104706]
Originally Posted by alandoug

Who mentioned the sea ?

You see there you go again , Cant resist can you ? Until now you had everyone convinced (but me ) that you were serious about making the move to Canada.
do i detect a truce???
Old Dec 28th 2008, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=kb33;7104706]
Originally Posted by alandoug

Who mentioned the sea ?

I do like a wind up.... Mr Clockwork Orange!!

Don't take it all too seriously. I'm being sceptical cos thats the way I feel. I've given you the reasons why. If we all agreed on everything it would be a boring world.

Happy New Year KB33!! Might buy you a drink next year...
Old Dec 29th 2008, 3:12 pm
Whatacomplete Member

Who mentioned the sea ?

I mentioned it KB.
Post #20.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Ive kept quite,which is unusual for me thus far BUT i cant do that any longer
Alan forget the UK wages,ways of working prices etc.stop comparing full stop...
Fact is ,as a trucker here in Canada you can earn a fair wage for a fair days work...You will never be rich as a trucker here or any other place on this planet...None of us came here to earn big bucks,but for a better way of life for our families,,period...
So stop doing the hypathetical math,and consider whether you wish your family to grow up in a better enviroment
Old Jan 5th 2009, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

I think alot of people trying to make the move are worried about making ends meet. Everyone is aware you aint making your money in a truck, no millionaires drive for a living (except F1 etc). Especially the guys with kids, they want to afford to feed cloth and have a bit of cash for the family. In the UK they can manage that but in Canada can they manage that and have the better quality of life? The guys with family want a bit of time at home, can they earn a living and be home?
Me personally I will make ends meet as long as I have a better quality of life than is offered in the UK.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dinger24
I think alot of people trying to make the move are worried about making ends meet. Everyone is aware you aint making your money in a truck, no millionaires drive for a living (except F1 etc). Especially the guys with kids, they want to afford to feed cloth and have a bit of cash for the family. In the UK they can manage that but in Canada can they manage that and have the better quality of life? The guys with family want a bit of time at home, can they earn a living and be home?
Me personally I will make ends meet as long as I have a better quality of life than is offered in the UK.
This is exaxctly my concern. Your wife can't work for a year... even if she comes over & is qualified. Children the same. I asked Vicky & Steve ( http://www.truckdrivingincanada.com/welcome.html ) about this very subject. The reply did not make pleasant reading:

I was told you are looking at a month to train & no money. You have to support yourself in this time. You are started off slowly & take 3 months to earn $3000 pcm net. During this time you have to live. $500 is deducted from your second months pay to contribute to your training costs
Apparently the companies/authorities don't like you leaving the family at home in case you'e hiding something (like you just left them).
So if your are the bread winner you need AT LEAST 3 months clear money to support your family in UK or Canada.

I should point put these are my words to condense what was a long E mail. Plus I didn't want to quote a private mail on a public site by just doing a "cut & paste"
Old Jan 5th 2009, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

I think there are ways around the wife not working for the 1st year. Some one else might be able to correct me but I believe once you are in Canada working, your wife can apply for a WP and this is how she can start work.
As for the kids I think Canada has much the same rules as the UK and they dont let them in the pits nowadays
Old Jan 5th 2009, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

deannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dinger24
I think there are ways around the wife not working for the 1st year. Some one else might be able to correct me but I believe once you are in Canada working, your wife can apply for a WP and this is how she can start work.
As for the kids I think Canada has much the same rules as the UK and they dont let them in the pits nowadays
Thought it was to good to be true, i have 4 willing to go down t'mine

Deanno

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.