Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Best Cell phone for OTR Truckers

Best Cell phone for OTR Truckers

Old Aug 12th 2007, 1:58 am
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future
Question Best Cell phone for OTR Truckers

As i am going to be driving in the States as well as in canada i am looking for advice on the cheapest decent service.

Rogers recomended a Family package for me.

3 x Free handsets
Free calls between the three handsets anywhere in Canada
3 months free calls to anyone in Canada (to include landlines)
$57 fo far

then i put a USA package on it
$60 for 240 mins (4 hrs)

There are extra charges that take it up to $160 per month.

I am tied in for 3 years.

Im okay with the monthly costs, that was what i was paying in the UK but is there anything cheaper or better or with no 3 year contract.

By the way we already have 3 unlocked handsets.

The main thing is the USA thing, are there any OTR drivers who can advise ?????????????
Old Aug 12th 2007, 4:28 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Cell phone for OTR Truckers

Originally Posted by Lyndon001
As i am going to be driving in the States as well as in canada i am looking for advice on the cheapest decent service.

Rogers recomended a Family package for me.

3 x Free handsets
Free calls between the three handsets anywhere in Canada
3 months free calls to anyone in Canada (to include landlines)
$57 fo far

then i put a USA package on it
$60 for 240 mins (4 hrs)

There are extra charges that take it up to $160 per month.

I am tied in for 3 years.

Im okay with the monthly costs, that was what i was paying in the UK but is there anything cheaper or better or with no 3 year contract.

By the way we already have 3 unlocked handsets.

The main thing is the USA thing, are there any OTR drivers who can advise ?????????????
when you get to the states, buy a pay as you go Tracfone (make sure it's a single rate fone) you can't use it in canada but you can call all your drops for directions, call into canada and the UK dirt cheap. have a look at there website.
Andy