Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Alberta it is ............

Alberta it is ............

Old Sep 22nd 2013, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alberta it is ............

Originally Posted by karla03
Gremmie - You are a mind reader.

It is Westcan. We've had a few replies from different companies but Westcan is who Simon wants to go with. There are a few people we know in Sherwood Park who have said they are a good companyto work for. I know everyone will have different opinions on them, but Simon feels this one is more suited for him.
I just find it strange that 6-7 yrs down the road newbies are still going for the same " Old Companies" ??? do none of you try to find new blood to hire you... I know a Winnipeg driver that works for http://www.liquidsinmotion.com and earns bloody good money, and believe me there are plenty of jobs in Winnipeg as he was a Bison driver... Just so you know Winnipeg is 820 miles from Edmonton...
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gremmie
I just find it strange that 6-7 yrs down the road newbies are still going for the same " Old Companies" ??? do none of you try to find new blood to hire you... I know a Winnipeg driver that works for http://www.liquidsinmotion.com and earns bloody good money, and believe me there are plenty of jobs in Winnipeg as he was a Bison driver... Just so you know Winnipeg is 820 miles from Edmonton...
Totally agree with you gremmie that's why I'm coming over to Winnipeg in a year's time for a recce
Central location in Canada, close to American border, quicker to get pr, makes sense to me
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grant r
Totally agree with you gremmie that's why I'm coming over to Winnipeg in a year's time for a recce
Central location in Canada, close to American border, quicker to get pr, makes sense to me
I think you misunderstood, i was pointing out that there are 1000s of companies to choose from, not just Westcan, H&R etc. Thats why i added that some one i know who lives in WPG drives for a company in EDM..
Basically they should broaden their searches, think outside the box so to speak.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

..... but there aren't 1000's of companies Gremmie , not for the newbies . How many companies in let's say MB or SK can hire foreign workers ? 10 or maybe 15 max .

( or are willing to etc )
Old Sep 24th 2013, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
..... but there aren't 1000's of companies Gremmie , not for the newbies . How many companies in let's say MB or SK can hire foreign workers ? 10 or maybe 15 max .

( or are willing to etc )
All of them can, well if they fullfill the criteria. Some may just need a nudge, i know when i was researching that i explained to some Trucking companies what was needed and many were willing to do it.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah you're right all of them can , but we all know how freakin lethargic Canadians can be when it comes to actually doing things .
I was certainly glad to come over to a company who'd already got Brits working here , managed to get the low down on what to expect etc . Not sure if driving for abc trucking from Russell MB would have been such a hassle free passage if you get my drift.
Got one drop on Sherwin tomorrow so will give you a blast when passing .
Old Oct 17th 2013, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

LMO has arrived at westcan. Very quick we think. Simon is asking what essentials you take to work for a 7 day run i.e Food, Clothing,cooking utensils etc etc. ;-)
Old Oct 19th 2013, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by karla03
LMO has arrived at westcan. Very quick we think. Simon is asking what essentials you take to work for a 7 day run i.e Food, Clothing,cooking utensils etc etc. ;-)
Fridge, hotbox and loads of foil trays from the dollar store for you to put yor left over meals in for him to heat up, mind you saying that, if he's working out of Edmonton terminal hell probably be home all the time!!!