Advice for canada

Old Dec 7th 2014, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Howey1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice for canada

Hi all....thinking of going to Canada without family first, looking to come over for about 9 mts doing long haul. Then in about 2 years if it's ok moving wife and 3 kids over. I've drove rigids (class 2) for 8 years and artics (class one) for 1 year.3 pts for speeding recently in wagon no criminal record....will there be any problems with having 3 points and only 1 year of driving artics? And are you allowed to come over at first without wanting to emigrate? Also I'm 42 years old
Thx in advance for any info
Mark
Old Dec 7th 2014, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice for canada

I yrs experience could hinder you but will depend on which company you pick . Nothing to stop you working here without wanting to emigrate , supposing you're granted the relevant visa , however you'll need to plan carefully so that time spent employed here counts towards immigration at a later date should you go that route .
Old Dec 7th 2014, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think your 3pts on UK license will be a problem as you will have to sit the canadian license and air brakes test.You will have to get a job offer and LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment ) first which lets you obtain a TWP or temporary work permit.Then after about 6 months working in Canada depending on the province you can apply for PR or permanent residency.You can come to Canada and visit companies but you need the TWP to work.Clean police record is good.
Old Dec 8th 2014, 8:34 am
Not so new ;-)

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond repute

First of all mate, I'd have a read up on LMIA's (Labour Market Impact Assessment). You need an offer from a company that has successfully applied for and received one of these. Just as a heads up, due to recent changes in immigration law, these are like rocking horse shit at the moment.

Secondly, most companies wouldn't touch you unless you have at least 2 years worth of class 1 experience.
Old Dec 8th 2014, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info lads...will try and find some employer who will offer me a job...anyone no of any company that is looking? The type of job I want is where I'll be away for as long as possible...hopefully the full 9 mts if that's possible...don't want house yet...will live in truck and the odd night in hotel...hopefully down in the states most of the time

Also are the schools ok and maybe a silly question but would English kids get bullied for being English? Don't meet to offend anyone by that question

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 9th 2014 at 1:05 pm. Reason: Posts merged - if you think of something you want to add just after posting, you can hit the 'edit' button. HTH.
Old Dec 9th 2014, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have an idea of where you want to re-locate to in Canada? There are has been some changes in the foreign worker program which limits the amount of foreign drivers companies can hire.
Old Dec 9th 2014, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

Alberta winnipeg areas around those
Old Dec 9th 2014, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know until recently H&R Transport Lethbridge AB were hiring foreign drivers.They do interviews in UK every year.I checked on their website but they dont say anything about hiring foreign drivers anyone .Still no harm in contacting them. Bison Transport in Winnipeg are or were another company hiring foreign drivers.It seems they take on drivers only with 1yrs experience.Its best to phone them instead of emailing .
Old Dec 10th 2014, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Howey1973
Alberta winnipeg areas around those
Thats like saying Spain / France area , But anyway there are a few companies that won't be getting LMO's or whatever there called these days H&R Westcan being 2 of them , Personally I think you will struggle to get an LMO/work permit at the present time . But I hope you prove me wrong !