ACPO CKECKS

Old Jan 15th 2012, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

fergie171 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACPO CKECKS

im in the process of getting my acpo check done, im bringing my wife to canada also,. the question is...DOES SHE NEED THE ACPO CHECK ALSO

Last edited by fergie171; Jan 15th 2012 at 10:47 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 10:55 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACPO CKECKS

Originally Posted by fergie171
im in the process of getting my acpo check done, im bringing my wife to canada also,. the question is...DOES SHE NEED THE ACPO CHECK ALSO
Hi Fergie

If your wife is going with you to Canada to live then she must also get an ACPO certificate done. Canada is one of the countries where this certificate is a requirement for any type of visa.

Regards

Dread - x
Old Jan 15th 2012, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

thanks very much dreadsoc ..... your a great help
Old Jan 16th 2012, 5:47 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

What are ACPO checks? thanks fletch
Old Jan 16th 2012, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

association of chief police officers................ its a certificate to highlight your criminal past for acceptance into canada
Old Jan 16th 2012, 6:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Just to disagree with Dreadsoc (sorry Dread!), not all visas for Canada require an ACPO check, although any kind of Permanent Residency application would do. If, for example, your wife was going to be on a Spousal Open Work Permit, or a study permit, then she wouldn't need an ACPO. So it will depend on her visa.

And Fletcher - ACPO is the police check required for Canadian immigration.

Old Jan 16th 2012, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

my wife is just gonna be living in the truck with me, no intention of working until weve been in canada a few years...does she still need it then ??????????????????????????
Old Jan 16th 2012, 8:36 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

my wife is just gonna be living in the truck with me, no intention of working until weve been in canada a few years...does she still need it then ??????????????????????????
I would most certainly check Fergie.

My advice would be to ring up your local constabulary non emergency number where you will go through to a switchboard - they can then transfer you to the department who issue the ACPO certificates - some forces called it ACPO other call it ACRO. At least they will give you the definite answer

Dread - x
Old Jan 16th 2012, 9:32 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just to disagree with Dreadsoc (sorry Dread!), not all visas for Canada require an ACPO check, although any kind of Permanent Residency application would do. If, for example, your wife was going to be on a Spousal Open Work Permit, or a study permit, then she wouldn't need an ACPO. So it will depend on her visa.

And Fletcher - ACPO is the police check required for Canadian immigration.

Thank you. Not a term I had previousy heard. Best regards. fletch (tug of forelock to the mod)
Old Jan 16th 2012, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

thanks guys for the help...will call acpo when i get back from holland in a day or two...will post the reply i get to help clear up this thread .. rgds fergie
Old Jan 17th 2012, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
I would most certainly check Fergie.

My advice would be to ring up your local constabulary non emergency number where you will go through to a switchboard - they can then transfer you to the department who issue the ACPO certificates - some forces called it ACPO other call it ACRO. At least they will give you the definite answer

Dread - x
It's the Canadians you need to ask... the Brits won't know or care about Canadian Gov't requirements.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

thanks mickfly... it actually makes sense to contact the canadian authouritys rather than the brits... will get onto it as soon as im back from holland... rgds fergie
Old Jan 17th 2012, 10:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, she won't need one, at least until the point that you apply for PR.

HTH.

Edit: just so you can double check this from the official source, here is the document checklist for a TWP - as you can see, no mention of an ACPO check. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5488E.PDF

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 17th 2012 at 10:30 am.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

I am a drivers wife and can confirm that I didn't need an ACPO certificate when I moved here, only my husband needed one. I have applied for the police certificate now we are in the PR process. HTH
Old Jan 17th 2012, 9:03 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by farjojo71
I am a drivers wife and can confirm that I didn't need an ACPO certificate when I moved here, only my husband needed one. I have applied for the police certificate now we are in the PR process. HTH
Is your hubby with H & R, they operate out of Lethbridge don't they?
fletch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.