WTF in America

Old Oct 22nd 2017, 7:10 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
At this point I would like to put in a word for M&S sausage rolls and scotch eggs.
I think they speak for themselves. .... Though I suspect that Nutek will also want to put a word in on their behalf!
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Lets see if ican interest you...

Heinz decided to get all PC, they reduced the salt and sugar a bit in a lot of their stuff, including tomato soup and beans. The result is a bit bland. They also import their lima beans from south america not the eu...
Most of the reason first world nation's have runaway problems with diabetes and high blood pressure is because firms/chefs think their food bland unless it's loaded with sugar and/or salt,what happened to the days when condiments on the table gave the diner he option of having his food taste like a salt mine?

Call me old fashioned but if I wish to eat Lima beans I want them to come from South America...
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 8:44 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

At this point I would like to put in a word for M&S sausage rolls and scotch eggs.
Seconded, also teacakes [which following a run in with HMRC are discounted in m&s forever] seriously, i kid you not M&S wins 13-year dispute with tax man over tea cakes - Telegraph

Mince pies - they sell a variety but most are better than exceedingly good ones

They are one of the last bastions of the real pork pie also...
Old Oct 22nd 2017, 8:52 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Most of the reason first world nation's have runaway problems with diabetes and high blood pressure is because firms/chefs think their food bland unless it's loaded with sugar and/or salt,what happened to the days when condiments on the table gave the diner he option of having his food taste like a salt mine?

Call me old fashioned but if I wish to eat Lima beans I want them to come from South America...
I prefer my lima beans from italy, simply because they taste nicer. I do hope the ones sold in america are from a decent source, i believe GMO varieties are in use, which is banned in europe of course.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 6:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't bad enough that you murder your long-term live-in girlfriend .... but then you drive her body into the next state and dump her body at the side of the road!
Old Oct 25th 2017, 6:31 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Isn't bad enough that you murder your long-term live-in girlfriend .... but then you drive her body into the next state and dump her body at the side of the road!
Harder in a Smart car.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm probably wrong - but doesn't committing a crime across state borders exacerbate the crime and the punishment ten-fold? (I'm aware you can't really get much worse than first-degree murder!)
Old Oct 25th 2017, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by BenK91
I'm probably wrong - but doesn't committing a crime across state borders exacerbate the crime and the punishment ten-fold? (I'm aware you can't really get much worse than first-degree murder!)
Yes, it will make a crime a federal offense - and some federal offenses have harsher penalties, but not all. Some crimes will be turned over to local law enforcement because state penalties are harsher than the federal ones.

A classic stupid offence to commit is robbing a bank. Apart from the fact that the banks are prepared and don't make it easy for robbers to help themselves to large amounts of cash, banks are federally regulated institutions, so the crime is federal, and you face a serious amount of time. If you need to stage a hold-up robbery, it makes much more sense to rob a gas station or convenience store. .... Though you stand a greater chance of the owner or assistant pulling a gun and shooting you than in a bank as tellers are unlikely to be armed because taking a gun into a bank is prohibited at least in some states.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 25th 2017 at 7:45 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting to know.

I ask because my wife had mentioned to me that years ago someone in her distant family was arrested for stealing a car and he made it significantly worse for himself by driving it across a state line.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 7:21 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
Harder in a Smart car.
Voice of experience?
Old Oct 25th 2017, 7:36 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
Voice of experience?
Stands to reason. There would have to be folding.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

This story supports my theory that the younger generation have no idea how stuff works, those of us in the older generations probably possess a shovel and know how to use it...😏
Old Oct 26th 2017, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by zzrmark
This story supports my theory that the younger generation have no idea how stuff works, those of us in the older generations probably possess a shovel and know how to use it...😏
Aye! Youngsters today are afraid of hard work!
Old Oct 26th 2017, 12:11 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Aye! Youngsters today are afraid of hard work!
Are you a retired Indian Army major living in Folkestone
Old Oct 26th 2017, 12:13 am

Are you a retired Indian Army major living in Folkestone
It's funny you ask.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.