WTF in America

Old Oct 18th 2017, 11:25 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Just when you think every method of kid killing has been covered, along comes Florida. .....
Good ol' Florida!
Old Oct 18th 2017, 11:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Just when you think every method of kid killing has been covered, along comes Florida.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-fl...as-punishment/
64 year old woman has (had) a 9 year old cousin. Ok then.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Just when you think every method of kid killing has been covered, along comes Florida.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cops-fl...as-punishment/
Hit with a metal pipe and sat on for a further 2 mins despite telling them she couldn't breath What. The. Fudge.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Maste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond reputeMaste has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
64 year old woman has (had) a 9 year old cousin. Ok then.
That did make me Also, the mum was 60 when she had the girl I didn't think people would want kids so old!
Old Oct 18th 2017, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maste
That did make me Also, the mum was 60 when she had the girl I didn't think people would want kids so old!
I don't think you can get pregnant at around 60, without some artificial "help", and she likely found looking after the child was too much for her. Poor kid, never had a chance.

Last edited by joto; Oct 18th 2017 at 2:44 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marc_ely
I think the good youth players are just allround good sports players, so some will go off and choose other college sports that are seen as "proper" sports to Americans, rather than football(soccer).
In our city of 100k people over 2k kids play in AYSO every week. And then there are the club level players on top of that. There really should be a massive pool of talent available when you expand that across the country.
Yes all over the country one sees thousands of kids playing AYSO, and many playing on more advanced competitive teams. I had two children playing on high level ( for the US) teams, one in 90's and the other just a few years ago. I think it is a chicken or the egg situation, and MLS is part of the problem. There needs to be a way kids can continue without college and to make money even if for smaller clubs. MLS may have kept professional soccer alive, but system isn't set up for expansion on different levels to increase he opportunities for players.

Interesting our third child now playing soccer ( but now football hah) in another country for an "average" team- training more advanced than US, and parents do not interfere or carry-on like many American parents. ( I was treasurer for a while for a club in California with several teams, while admittedly California where one might expect a bit of craziness, dealing with the parents was a major headache for the coaches and managers of the club. Sadly many great players simply at 18 or 19 left the sport if they didn't go to college with a soccer program).

Maybe different advertising. In Latin America rather than stop the showing of the game, a lot of advertising done on the margins of the screen, more than I ever saw in USA. Perhaps could attract more advertisers, hence more funds to the sport.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 12:47 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Just when you thought Florida was stealing the lime light, along comes South Carolina with a top-notch "WTF" story.

Please be assured that the child in the above-linked story didn't come to any harm, at least not physically.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 1:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Just when you thought Florida was stealing the lime light, along comes South Carolina with a top-notch "WTF" story.

Please be assured that the child in the above-linked story didn't come to any harm, at least not physically.
Is it wrong to be impressed that the three year old managed to hit said bad guy in the chest whilst chasing him. Presumably the bad guy stopped and turned around. Still impressive though.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 2:30 am

Is it wrong to be impressed that the three year old managed to hit said bad guy in the chest whilst chasing him. Presumably the bad guy stopped and turned around. Still impressive though. .m.
Er, but the story didn't say the deceased was a "bad guy", the story only said he was being chased around the yard, and got shot. Surely a bad guy would have high-tailed it out of the yard PDQ?

I had assumed he was a family friend or relative and that the whole thing was a prank gone badly wrong.

ETA Indeed if he had been a bad guy the police probably wouldn't have done much, other than haul the body away.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 19th 2017 at 2:33 am.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 2:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Er, but the story didn't say the deceased was a "bad guy", the story only said he was being chased around the yard - surely a bad guy would have high-tailed it out of the yard PDQ?

I had assumed he was a family friend or relative and that the whole thing was a prank gone badly wrong.
Easier to say 'bad guy' than pontificate about who the individual was that the (presumably) homeowner wanted shooting. My bad.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Is it wrong to be impressed that the three year old managed to hit said bad guy in the chest whilst chasing him. Presumably the bad guy stopped and turned around. Still impressive though.
I missed the bit that said the victim was a bad guy, at least in relation to his being chased. The way the article is written it sounds to me as though the dad gave the kid the gun to play chase with someone they knew, like the game of tag but dad thought it fun to give little Jimmy a loaded gun to spice things up.
Edit: beaten to it by 4 minutes, at least I wasn't the only one thinking it.

Last edited by zzrmark; Oct 19th 2017 at 2:36 am.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 2:35 am

Easier to say 'bad guy' than pontificate about who the individual was that the (presumably) homeowner wanted shooting. My bad.
You'd fit in quite well around here with an attitude like that - most people who get shot deserve it. It stands to reason - if they hadn't deserved to be shot, nobody would have shot them.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 12:09 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.16ca7e44cc30

“a 12-oz can is supposed to contain six servings, and each serving includes 25 percent of the U.S. recommended daily fat intake and 33 percent of a day’s sodium.” mmmmmmmm
Old Oct 19th 2017, 1:03 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker

“a 12-oz can is supposed to contain six servings, and each serving includes 25 percent of the U.S. recommended daily fat intake and 33 percent of a day’s sodium.” mmmmmmmm
They love their Spam out in Hawaii.
Old Oct 21st 2017, 12:38 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker

So hang on, if I fry up the whole can and eat it myself, I don't need to eat fat or salt again for several days ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.