Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / USA / The Trailer Park

Old Mar 5th 2014, 3:18 pm   #46
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
'Save the date' cards
Cheerleaders
Removal of all body hair
Guns
Healthcare
Day labourers
Paperwork/red tape
Realtors' photos of themselves
All of these. And mom/son and daddy/daughter dances.
NatashaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th 2014, 3:59 pm   #47
Lt Col (Retd)
Premium Member

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Redux View Post
'Save the date' cards
Cheerleaders
Removal of all body hair
Guns
Healthcare
Day labourers
Paperwork/red tape
Realtors' photos of themselves
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatashaB View Post
All of these. And mom/son and daddy/daughter dances.
But most of those, with the exception of the Save the Date cards and the realtors' pictures, are well known outside the US, and in several cases are the cause of legitimate peeves or complaints for which we have threads and the TIO sub-forum.

I was looking more for the bizarre quirks of life in the US that you only discovered after moving here and which do not cause inconvenience or irritation, such as the realtors' photos.
Pulaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th 2014, 4:05 pm   #48
Premium Member

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Screw her.
Not the first time college would have been paid for that way.

Quote:
mom/son and daddy/daughter dances.
Those things are just weird.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 4:28 pm   #49
**** the FCC

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
Me too.

We've said as much to little Miss P: you live in our house, we make the rules. If she complains about the rules, she's going to hear that repeatedly until she leaves home, however old that is!
Me three. Whiny, self-important little bitch. The bird in the article, that is, not your daughter

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th 2014, 5:33 pm   #50
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the judge has given her the verbal slap she deserves:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-ran-away.html
Old Mar 5th 2014, 5:41 pm   #51
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sounds like the judge has given her the verbal slap she deserves:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-ran-away.html
Should stick her in jail for wasting everyone's time.
Nutek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th 2014, 5:42 pm   #52
Bob Male
Not so super superslob
Super Moderator

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartleyHare View Post
This ^^. Exactly the same thing - 42" LED TV left on the porch. Apparently it's norm here for deliveries just to be left on the doorstep, in full view. No signature required.
Would be inched within about 10 minutes down here

Immigrants should be tarred and feathered....Yes, I like it kinky.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th 2014, 5:46 pm   #53
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And ordered to pay her parents legal fees.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 6:17 pm   #54
Lt Col (Retd)
Premium Member

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They should, .... and the father of the friend with whom she is staying. He is a lawyer who has been promoting/ enabling this circus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
And ordered to pay her parents legal fees.
And he should be picking up that tab too.

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 5th 2014 at 7:08 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 6:20 pm   #55
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, it's funny how they were willing to throw down 12k for legal fees but didn't want to settle the school debt. Seems like they thought the 12k would be a better investment with a payoff of potential child support.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 6:47 pm   #56
**** the FCC

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They should, .... and the father of the friend with who she is staying. He is a lawyer who has been promoting/ enabling this circus.

And he should be picking up that tab too.
With whom, Pulaski. Dear oh dear

Old Mar 5th 2014, 7:12 pm   #57
Lt Col (Retd)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
With whom, Pulaski. Dear oh dear
I wrote and rewrote that sentence several times in different orders, and I missed that error. I had started with something that said she was living with her friend's father, which would create a whole new dimension to the story, but was only correct to the extent that she's living with his family
Old Mar 5th 2014, 7:19 pm   #58
**** the FCC

Quote:
I wrote and rewrote that sentence several times in different orders, and I missed that error. I had started with something that said she was living with her friend's father, which would create a whole new dimension to the story, but was only correct to the extent that she's living with his family
Ah, it matters not, just giving you a hard time ...

Old Mar 5th 2014, 7:23 pm   #59
Lt Col (Retd)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Ah, it matters not, just giving you a hard time ...
You wouldn't be you if you didn't!
Old Mar 5th 2014, 7:25 pm   #60
**** the FCC

Quote:
You wouldn't be you if you didn't!
True.

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / USA / The Trailer Park