WTF in America

Old Mar 24th 2017, 4:10 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

There was a gang shoot-out in the Walmart parking lot in St Petersburg, (the greeter got a bullet-hole in his car), and my sister wouldn't go there for months.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
There was a gang shoot-out in the Walmart parking lot in St Petersburg, (the greeter got a bullet-hole in his car), and my sister wouldn't go there for months.
In Florida? I thought that was a nicer part of the Tampa area.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 4:25 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
Clearwater and Largo are nicer, but she couldn't afford the prices. If you walk a couple of blocks out of the trailer park it's sort of a crack oriented neighbourhood. There are a lot of bail-bond agencies with cube vans... I live in North Central Regina and I wasn't comfortable walking around. Fishermen I talked to said they take a Glock in the tacklebox if they're going night fishing.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 4:38 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrken30
"Nicer" is relative - Tampa is in Florida!
Old Mar 24th 2017, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
"Nicer" is relative - Tampa is in Florida!
Something we both agree on
Old Mar 24th 2017, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

West side amateurs. East Florida would have done it in a Target parking lot.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Keeping the Tampa theme going (Buying gas on MLKjr in St Pete after dark ranks right up there as an 'experience', one not to be be repeated!!) more Florida WTFery, stupid... but funny, that junction is a lot busier than the impression given by the footage.

Old Mar 25th 2017, 1:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Continuing the my Walmart is weirder than your Walmart theme, the Walmart not far from where my daughter lives in Houston had two guys ride in through the doors on their horses last week. Apparently they filmed it and posted it on FB so now the cops know who they are but if Walmart don't make an official complaint then they won't be charged.

I win
Old Mar 25th 2017, 1:40 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by zzrmark
Keeping the Tampa theme going (Buying gas on MLKjr in St Pete after dark ranks right up there as an 'experience', one not to be be repeated!!)
I was right across MLK Boulevard from Lake Maggiore, (full of alligators). Skyway Jack's is worth going to for breakfast if you aren't too picky about real clean dishes.... I recommend the hash. The bad neighbourhood thing is almost certainly founded partly on lack of understanding. When I was walking down the street and the gang of yoofs was shouting Yo, yo you, you yo something something and I didn't understand what they were saying, it was disconcerting, but I can't help feeling that they were objecting to my presence. Late at night there was a tv show with mug shots of everyone who had been released from the local prison that day, with their crime, sentence, and home address. It went for a long time, like an hour, and there were a lot of drug and assault, robbery, breach of conditions, mostly low level crimes, and they were all close.
Old Mar 25th 2017, 2:07 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

I was right across MLK Boulevard from Lake Maggiore, (full of alligators). Skyway Jack's is worth going to for breakfast if you aren't too picky about real clean dishes.... I recommend the hash. The bad neighbourhood thing is almost certainly founded partly on lack of understanding. When I was walking down the street and the gang of yoofs was shouting Yo, yo you, you yo something something and I didn't understand what they were saying, it was disconcerting, but I can't help feeling that they were objecting to my presence. Late at night there was a tv show with mug shots of everyone who had been released from the local prison that day, with their crime, sentence, and home address. It went for a long time, like an hour, and there were a lot of drug and assault, robbery, breach of conditions, mostly low level crimes, and they were all close.
I hadn't heard of, or remembered this shootout, but you were in the 'hood. A very small and notoriously dangerous part of the wonderful Tampa Bay area!
Old Mar 25th 2017, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

I don't suppose it helped at the time that the two folks dressed for the opera had just pulled up to the 'service at pump only' station in a fairly new HD F150. There were four or five beggars on the forecourt pestering for funds. This was followed by an 'Englishman's shortcut' driving around the cobbled roads just behind MLK in what would best be described as a 'lively' neighbourhood... some time after 11pm!!
Old Mar 25th 2017, 3:02 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Gang violence is a problem where I live, with an increasing amount of gun crime and more handguns on the street than previously, and there are robberies, but it's where I live, and I'm used to it. I feel relatively safe here. It isn't the first neighbourhood I've lived in where I could hear the shooting at night either, but when you're away from home it's always different. It isn't my hood. There are differences of course, Sweetbay Grocery has a lady with a .357 keeping robbers away, and we don't see that at home.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 4:02 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I can only hope that this was some sort of computer error and that the Tennessee State Highways Dept didn't know the girl had died. Whatever the explanation though, it's pretty shocking.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I can only hope that this was some sort of computer error and that the Tennessee State Highways Dept didn't know the girl had died. Whatever the explanation though, it's pretty shocking.
I wonder how many of those terminals are installed around the country. How would we know?
Old Mar 31st 2017, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

There's f**ked up and then there's Florida (again)...

Florida woman pleads guilty to smuggling woman and using her as sex surrogate | WFLA.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.