WTF in America

Old Mar 7th 2014, 12:52 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I want to make a joke about eating out in the bible belt now

But yeah, we ate at a few chain and non-chain restaurants in Kentucky last year and never saw a hint at prayer, public or otherwise.
In Kentucky, is it just called "Fried Chicken"?
Old Mar 7th 2014, 12:53 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
In Kentucky, is it just called "Fried Chicken"?
That's a good one

Actually, they make quite a big thing about KFC in Louisville, I noticed on the way through there. I can't remember if there actually was one in the town we stayed in though.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Organized by the establishment? I'd have a huge issue with that.
So would I. Alaska Airlines used to up to several years ago place a prayer card on the meal tray, but with changing times, they dropped that practice.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 1:26 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
So would I. Alaska Airlines used to up to several years ago place a prayer card on the meal tray, but with changing times, they dropped that practice.
I should bloody well hope they dropped that practice
Old Mar 7th 2014, 2:32 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Owen778
Yep! We're in Bridgeland. I seem to remember you're somewhere in or near Copperfield?

And that doesn't surprise me. It is right by Lone Star College, after all.
I'm in Copper Lakes.
It stayed up for a remarkably long time and I'd laugh at the devil horns everytime I drove past.

My wtf?! is not only the realtors pictures of themselves, but also some of the ones of the properties. I'm a sad git and sometimes like to just peruse the expensive houses just to see what they're like and it's amazing how many $1MM++ houses have terrible photos (out of focus, junk on the floor, so small you can't see anything, dark... the list goes on).
Old Mar 7th 2014, 2:35 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Bink
I'm in Copper Lakes.
It stayed up for a remarkably long time and I'd laugh at the devil horns everytime I drove past.

My wtf?! is not only the realtors pictures of themselves, but also some of the ones of the properties. I'm a sad git and sometimes like to just peruse the expensive houses just to see what they're like and it's amazing how many $1MM++ houses have terrible photos (out of focus, junk on the floor, so small you can't see anything, dark... the list goes on).
The DIY approach is fine for a bog standard 3-bed 2-bath but for the high end market, they really want to be hiring a professional photographer to get the job done right.

With the commission they get, it'd be money well spent, IMO.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 2:37 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

The DIY approach is fine for a bog standard 3-bed 2-bath but for the high end market, they really want to be hiring a professional photographer to get the job done right.

With the commission they get, it'd be money well spent, IMO.
That or invest in a good camera and take a photography course. I was astounded at how bad some of them are in houses in the $5MM+ range!

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a sad git and sometimes like to just peruse the expensive houses just to see what they're like and it's amazing how many $1MM++ houses have terrible photos (out of focus, junk on the floor, so small you can't see anything, dark... the list goes on).
I can't believe the crap that folk (sellers) put up with - I mean these realtors are raking in 30k (assuming its split) on a 1mill listing and they can't even be ar$ed to take a proper photo. The other ones that tick me off are the ones that use such a wide angle lens that it makes the TV look 6' wide and 12" tall....but I can forgive that, it's just marketing, not incompetence.

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I should bloody well hope they dropped that practice
RyanAir might want to introduce one if they do their long haul routes.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 2:41 pm
I have a comma problem

That or invest in a good camera and take a photography course. I was astounded at how bad some of them are in houses in the $5MM+ range!
Right. I suppose I take it for granted because I've been into photography for years but it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to work out that the photo of the house you are trying to sell is really quite important to get right

RyanAir might want to introduce one if they do their long haul routes.
You mean a "haven't got a prayer card", don't you?
Old Mar 7th 2014, 2:41 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

WTF moment - happens every year on Ash Wednesday....see someone approaching and think "man, wonder what they ran in to" then they get closer and you realize its just the ash on their forehead....did we used to do that back in the UK? I don't remember, but I don't think so....

Then when I'm talking to them, I can't keep my eyes off it, and I get the distinct uneasy feeling that they are focusing on my ash-free forehead instead of looking at me......its the one day a year I know what a woman with a nice cleavage feels like
Old Mar 7th 2014, 2:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

That or invest in a good camera phone and take a photography course hold it with both hands. .......
FIFY .... at least it would be a start.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 2:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
WTF moment - happens every year on Ash Wednesday....see someone approaching and think "man, wonder what they ran in to" then they get closer and you realize its just the ash on their forehead....did we used to do that back in the UK? I don't remember, but I don't think so....
In the UK I am only aware of it being a Catholic "thing". I don't recall ever seeing anyone here with it.
Old Mar 7th 2014, 2:46 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad

Then when I'm talking to them, I can't keep my eyes off it, and I get the distinct uneasy feeling that they are focusing on my ash-free forehead instead of looking at me......its the one day a year I know what a woman with a nice cleavage feels like
That's more of a WTF catholics moment though. The NI civil service was about 85% catholic when I worked there, I saw it every bloody year

Originally Posted by Pulaski
FIFY .... at least it would be a start.
It'd be a start but I am loath to encourage the use of a phone camera over a camera designed to be a camera myself.

FFS, I saw someone at the zoo the other year taking pictures with a bloody ipad. Nutters
Old Mar 7th 2014, 2:48 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Originally Posted by Pulaski
In the UK I am only aware of it being a Catholic "thing". I don't recall ever seeing anyone here with it.
I was at a Oil conference this week and there were a bunch of people walking around with it. Took me a few people to click, I will admit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.