Would-be immigrants

Old Nov 10th 2016, 2:53 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would-be immigrants

Originally Posted by Guindalf
Me too, but I couldn't eat a whole one!
You're such a lightweight
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:24 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddsrph
I wouldn't worry too much. Campaign promises are usually a laundry list what what they won't accomplish.
He will probably tweak the tax code to better serve the 1%, get rid of the "death tax" which again only helps the 1%. Also get rid of Obama care and replace with something to better empower and enrich the medical insurance companies.
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
If you win the DV lottery you'll get instant green cards. When these ****s like Trump talk about 'immigrants' they don't mean white, middle class permanent residents from Europe.
I should clarify; I'm not worried Trump scrapping the DV lottery rather my other half doesn't want to live in the US whilst Trump is President.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:30 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I should clarify; I'm not worried Trump scrapping the DV lottery rather my other half doesn't want to live in the US whilst Trump is President.
That's understandable. Even then, you'll be able to make the best of it. We survived Bush, how much worse can he be? Actually don't answer that.

Any ideas as to where you want to live if and when your number does come up?
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:34 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

That's understandable. Even then, you'll be able to make the best of it. We survived Bush, how much worse can he be? Actually don't answer that.

Any ideas as to where you want to live if and when your number does come up?
Well, where I'd like to live, where she'd like to live and where it's practical for us to live are all very different things. I'd like to live in the middle of nowhere in the Southwest. She fancies a New England idyll like the Gilmore Girls. Looking at Virginia at the moment as the sensible option.

Last edited by BritInParis; Nov 10th 2016 at 6:37 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:37 pm
I have a comma problem

Well, where I'd like to live, where she'd like to live and where it's practical for us to live are all very different things. Looking at Virginia at the moment as the sensible option.
Yeah, I suppose when it comes to moving here without any point of reference it requires quite a bit of thought to make it work.

I have yet to visit Virginia. Lots of history there.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:39 pm

Yeah, I suppose when it comes to moving here without any point of reference it requires quite a bit of thought to make it work.

I have yet to visit Virginia. Lots of history there.
I've probably been to more than the half of the lower 48, although only visiting on holiday, so I can make a sort of informed decision on where I'd like to live. Whether it's a practical choice is another matter.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:43 pm
I have a comma problem

I've probably been to more than the half of the lower 48, although only visiting on holiday, so I can make a sort of informed decision on where I'd like to live. Whether it's a practical choice is another matter.
Holy crap, you've been to more states than I have and I've lived here for 10 years

Good thing for you though is the the US immigration forums are chock full of people who can help you when the time comes.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:46 pm

Holy crap, you've been to more states than I have and I've lived here for 10 years

Good thing for you though is the the US immigration forums are chock full of people who can help you when the time comes.
LOL, only actually been twice but for a couple of big road trips. I'll certainly be picking people's brains once the time comes. I'll probably end up living next door to Pulaski
Old Nov 10th 2016, 6:47 pm
I have a comma problem

LOL, only actually been twice but for a couple of big road trips. I'll certainly be picking people's brains once the time comes. I'll probably end up living next door to Pulaski
He won't like that, he might have to move his piles of general purpose garden stuff.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 7:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

..... I'll probably end up living next door to Pulaski. .....
That could be arranged.
He won't like that, he might have to move his piles of general purpose garden stuff.
It's OK, we have plenty of room.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 7:24 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It's OK, we have plenty of room.
That just means you don't have enough piles of material.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 7:41 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

That just means you don't have enough piles of material.
Please can you explain that to Mrs P?
Old Nov 10th 2016, 7:52 pm
I have a comma problem

Please can you explain that to Mrs P?
Doesn't she know that you might need that stuff one day?
Old Nov 10th 2016, 7:55 pm

Doesn't she know that you might need that stuff one day?
Do you think I haven't told her that, repeatedly?.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 10th 2016 at 7:58 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2016, 7:56 pm
I have a comma problem

Do you think I haven't told her that, repeatedl?.
I'm out of ideas beyond that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.