Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Working illegally in New York

Working illegally in New York

Old Jan 16th 2008, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working illegally in New York

Originally Posted by Tracym
Actually, I don't think hospitals would turn her in to immigration.

Still isn't a good plan though.
I don't think they would either. Two Irish Friends of mine, were living illegally in Illinois, in the late 90s. One of them was in a bad car accident and recieved life-threatening injuries.

He is now back in Ireland and working like hell to pay off his medical bills.

I think he came across a problem, at the hospital, when he was asked for his Social Security number.

Doing anything illegal is not a good idea.

Jim.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
I don't think they would either. Two Irish Friends of mine, were living illegally in Illinois, in the late 90s. One of them was in a bad car accident and recieved life-threatening injuries.

He is now back in Ireland and working like hell to pay off his medical bills.

I think he came across a problem, at the hospital, when he was asked for his Social Security number.

Doing anything illegal is not a good idea.

Jim.
He must really be the honest type - probably no way the hospital could collect from him, back in Ireland.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Stuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fatbrit
It is a good comparison. Sure, there are differences. But none that I can think of in your favour.

Eh?
The people i refer to are the people who hide in lorries and cross borders in the night. Once in the country they claim asylum. Our goverment give them homes, cars, money you name it. You know the score Fatbrit.
I am not like the illegal imigrants in that sense.
I wanted nothing from the U.S gov. I was prepared to earn my way. But it was not going to happen the red tape was just too much for me.
We left. That still not stop us. We paided loads out in legal fees trying to get a visa somehow. But still no hope.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:10 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stuart
Eh?
The people i refer to are the people who hide in lorries and cross borders in the night. Once in the country they claim asylum. Our goverment give them homes, cars, money you name it. You know the score Fatbrit.
I am not like the illegal imigrants in that sense.
I wanted nothing from the U.S gov. I was prepared to earn my way. But it was not going to happen the red tape was just too much for me.
We left. That still not stop us. We paided loads out in legal fees trying to get a visa somehow. But still no hope.
Well "those" people you refer to certainly seem much more intelligent than you. So I suppose that's another point in your favour regarding differences.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Stuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to allStuart is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tracym
I don't think I personally said you were trying to defraud anyone.

If you agree it was illegal, great - I'll say no more.

For the record, most illegal immigrants to the US, from Mexico, come here to work and try to have a better life, rather than to defraud the govt. Imo anyway.
I have little knowledge of the Mexicans. Only that that my friend tells me who live in T.N. I know it can be hard there. (Mexico)
I have no problem with those that move across countries and work for a better life. Just those who milk the system, making others suffer.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Well "those" people you refer to certainly seem much more intelligent than you.
?

How do you get to that conclusion?
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:19 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

No. I have not said what i did was legal. I know what i did was illegal.
I hold my hand up to that.
My point is that you have compared me to the illegal immigrants who come to the UK (and USA) to defraud the system of money.
Yet again, you somehow think you're better than other illegal immigrants.

You're not. You were defrauding the system here by not paying taxes and taking an American job when you "volunteered". If you had an accident or fell gravely ill, you would also have defrauded the system by getting medical treatment over here.

Again, like many people here I'm far more forgiving of an illegal Mexican in the US, or an Eastern European in the UK who entered illegally to escape poverty than I am of a hairdresser with no rights whatsoever to work in this country who somehow feels he's better than every other illegal.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:20 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

?

You spent a lot of money and got nothing for it. Why didn't you do your research before you came?
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

You spent a lot of money and got nothing for it. Why didn't you do your research before you came?
We got lied to by a visa company. First Point.
They told us we would be able to get a visa for us. No problem.

As i said before Fatbrit, once there that turned out to be untrue. No visa for us. We were very young, thats no excuse i know.
We went to prove what i could do, skill wise. I had no intention of staying that time, i need to secure the job on offer.
Our visa was being processed (or so we though and was told), i did my shows etc and was offered the job.
As i said before we sought help from a guy in L.A who delt with visas and immigration and he told us that we could not get a visa, then the U.S gov told us the same. We left with intention of getting the visa we had payed for an d going back. The company took our money (£4500) and we got sweet F.A.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:34 pm
Septicity

We got lied to by a visa company. First Point.
They told us we would be able to get a visa for us. No problem.

As i said before Fatbrit, once there that turned out to be untrue. No visa for us. We were very young, thats no excuse i know.
We went to prove what i could do, skill wise. I had no intention of staying that time, i need to secure the job on offer.
Our visa was being processed (or so we though and was told), i did my shows etc and was offered the job.
As i said before we sought help from a guy in L.A who delt with visas and immigration and he told us that we could not get a visa, then the U.S gov told us the same. We left with intention of getting the visa we had payed for an d going back. The company took our money (£4500) and we got sweet F.A.
What was the name of the "visa company"?
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:36 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

?

In evidence I submit the following:

The company took our money (£4500) and we got sweet F.A.

Anyone who parts with this sum of money without doing their homework is certainly not the sharpest knife in the drawer...
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:40 pm
Septicity

What was the name of the "visa company"?
Saw it was First Point -- a division of Visa Plus run by Graham Copsey.

Read here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/investi...9520-12028486/

Took me less than 5 minutes on Google to get all this info from the word "First Point".

If you can't do it, you're a fool who lost a lot of money on a scam.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Read here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/investi...9520-12028486/

Took me less than 5 minutes on Google to get all this info from the word "First Point".

If you can't do it, you're a fool who lost a lot of money on a scam.
Ok to be fair now... he said he was young. So he made a mistake, and got taken by a company. Happens to quite a few people I'm sure.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 4:12 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Now I am amused ,...
Old Jan 16th 2008, 4:17 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Ray
Now I am amused ,...
But not sympathetic?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.